+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    So, we need......

In defence:-
    A sub goalie, a right back, and two centre halves.
    Probably get away with McKenzie, Hayes and Consi at left back.
    Hoban and Gallagher to come in, which leaves Consi and McCrorie as cover. Ramsay maybe.
    Can surely source a decent low cost right back from the continent of Europe? Gary Woods to return on loan as goalie cover?

Surely covered in defensive midfield.

In attack, try and get Hedges signed up on an extended contract, otherwise punt him. If so, need a right winger, a number ten and two strikers.

So in summary, a sub goalie, 2 centre halves, a right back, a right winger, a playmaker (maybe) and two strikers.

Over to you, Stephen
    Agree with most of that.
    Glass is apparently a 4 at the back man.
    Ramsay & MacKenzie will probably be back up full backs? MacKenzie may be first pick left back.
    So we need 1 RB & 1 LB
    Ideally re-sign Hoban, and sign 2 others (McCrorie could be used as a centre half next season).

The “2” midfielders on a 4-2-3-1... we’ve plenty there.
    We need at least 1 winger.

We need 3 strikers (assuming Anderson goes)

So:
    Reserve keeper, RB, LB, CB x2 (if Hoban re-signs), 1 winger & maybe 3 strikers.

Shirley there will be a few from the Americas?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Shirley there will be a few from the Americas?
    There’s a wee thing called Brexit that you may or may not be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I must be missing something. Why would brexit stop someone from the Americas coming to Scotland to play if they met the qualification criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    I must be missing something. Why would brexit stop someone from the Americas coming to Scotland to play if they met the qualification criteria?
    Maybe he thought it Playa Las Americas.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Maybe he thought it Playa Las Americas.

It wouldn`t. Any old International will get a work permit. ?

" Global Britain " is open to all and sundry.

( And if they don`t get a permit, we can just stick them in an inflatable boat at Calais and let them row over . ? Work well that , id they turn out to be no use, we can just get them exported again . Wheech !!! )

OK, Ok. It`s a JOKE ........

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Tell me more.

15,000 season tickets may be the Chairman’s aim, however, as a businessman, he must surely recognise that that figure is only ever going to be attainable if he can put a team on the park playing attractive attacking football and challenging at the top of the league. That has to happen BEFORE most fans return in their droves. Can’t see it to be frank, especially as he always emphasises that the Club has to live within its means, which I fully understand, but such financial constraints are incompatible with the Club’s aims, in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    15,000 season tickets may be the Chairman’s aim, however, as a businessman, he must surely recognise that that figure is only ever going to be attainable if he can put a team on the park playing attractive attacking football and challenging at the top of the league. That has to happen BEFORE most fans return in their droves. Can’t see it to be frank, especially as he always emphasises that the Club has to live within its means, which I fully understand, but such financial constraints are incompatible with the Club’s aims, in my view.
    Maybe he’s got some clever ideas along the community club type lines. Not sure what the deal is at the moment, but maybe kids get a free season ticket with a parent, or more reduced price season tickets for different types of folk. How cheap would you have to make a season ticket for 15,000 people to buy it? I think the reality is that no matter how cheap it is, if the product on the park isn’t worth watching, folk won’t bother. He’s going to have to do something radical (on the park, and in terms of the pricing or something) to get to nearly double what we traditionally sell within a few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Maybe he’s got some clever ideas along the community club type lines. Not sure what the deal is at the moment, but maybe kids get a free season ticket with a parent, or more reduced price season tickets for different types of folk. How cheap would you have to make a season ticket for 15,000 people to buy it? I think the reality is that no matter how cheap it is, if the product on the park isn’t worth watching, folk won’t bother. He’s going to have to do something radical (on the park, and in terms of the pricing or something) to get to nearly double what we traditionally sell within a few seasons.
    In fairness to Cormack, he's not short of ideas.

Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast