+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thomas was sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I was given **** by one or two on here when I booted off about Thomas to the extent I apologised when he wasn’t training because of family reasons. Some bull**** about serious illness.
    If it is true he was sacked then I want apologies from those who called me out. You know who you are.
    That’s an interesting version of what was said.

What I remember happening was that Notts/Ardley told us that Thomas wasn’t training or playing with the first team because he had a family issue which he felt made him particularly wary of covid. Notts were nevertheless paying him anyway. You whined that it wasn’t something your employer would do for you, which me and a couple of others ask what that had to do with anything.

He was then ‘released’ from his contract some weeks later. IF these rumours are true then Thomas was clearly irresponsible and his actions have cost the club dearly. But, and this probably shouldn’t need pointing out, we didn’t have that information at the time we were talking about it, and even if we had, still made your comment about your employer totally irrelevant.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 25-04-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I was given **** by one or two on here when I booted off about Thomas to the extent I apologised when he wasn’t training because of family reasons. Some bull**** about serious illness.
    If it is true he was sacked then I want apologies from those who called me out. You know who you are.
    Ner ner ner ner ner. Grow up

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    That’s an interesting version of what was said.

What I remember happening was that Notts/Ardley told us that Thomas wasn’t training or playing with the first team because he had a family issue which he felt made him particularly wary of covid. Notts were nevertheless paying him anyway. You whined that it wasn’t something your employer would do for you, which me and a couple of others ask what that had to do with anything.

He was then ‘released’ from his contract some weeks later. IF these rumours are true then Thomas was clearly irresponsible and his actions have cost the club dearly. But, and this probably shouldn’t need pointing out, we didn’t have that information at the time we were talking about it, and even if we had, still made your comment about your employer totally irrelevant.
    Is the correct answer and OP needs to grow up as stated before!

"If" being the key word that his thread's validity solely hangs on.

Makes more sense than the BS we were being told.

I am usually wrong but I don't believe this. With his ability Thomas would have been signed up by either another National League club or even a League 2 club by now. Another club would have offered him a deal even if he had broken covid rules.

Maybe it will all come out in Ardley's autobiography...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Maybe it will all come out in Ardley's autobiography...

I can picture the book launch now, Status Quo's 'Down, down deeper and down' being played in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I can picture the book launch now, Status Quo's 'Down, down deeper and down' being played in the background.
    How about The Rolling Stones : This Could be the Last Time...

Or The Smiths : This Charming Man

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast