+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Eastleigh 19.02.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    If we needed a win to win the league I would fancy us. The reason being is that we would have overturned an 11 point deficit with more away games to be played between now and that last game. Confidence would be sky high. We would take a more than decent away following and Maidenhead would have nothing to play for.
    I’d love for us to be such a position on the last day of the season, but it’s a long shot as things stand. We’ll have a far better idea of where our season is headed in a month’s time, after the Chesterfield game.

Only thing I’d say is that we’re due a final day result going in our favour, because I have very bad memories of Swindon and Gillingham. The latter was the real sickener, from which we’ve never truly recovered.

The later was horrible, probably my worst day ever after 40 odd years following Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Poor manager for us , cost us dear, bored us to death and became the nearly man, flattered to deceive by beating the minnows and failing to beat the big boys when it was 11 against 11 on the grass !.Rumour has it he has a top four budget so when they slip out the top seven they wont be happy over in solihull.
    Still not bad for a manager who you said should never have been the manager of our club...
    Xxxxx
    This is literally the opposite of what the issue was under Ardley. Our record against the minnows cost us the title in the first season - our record against the ‘big boys’ was exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    This is literally the opposite of what the issue was under Ardley. Our record against the minnows cost us the title in the first season - our record against the ‘big boys’ was exceptional.
    Spot on, it’s funny how some want to see it who have agendas. Barrow away anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I’d love for us to be such a position on the last day of the season, but it’s a long shot as things stand. We’ll have a far better idea of where our season is headed in a month’s time, after the Chesterfield game.

Only thing I’d say is that we’re due a final day result going in our favour, because I have very bad memories of Swindon and Gillingham. The latter was the real sickener, from which we’ve never truly recovered.
    There have been a fair few occasions since I've supported Notts where our fate has gone down to the final day. In some cases results elsewhere rendered what we did meaningless, but if we'd taken the initiative - say an early lead at Fulham in 1985 - that might have put pressure on other clubs and results might have been different.

York away 1987 sticks out as an opportunity to go up wasted, a win there would have taken us into the play-offs under Sirrel.

Chances are we'll be going to Maidenhead in similar circumstances to Bromley last season, guaranteed a play off place but needing a result to guarantee the highest finish but with the caveat that it might not necessarily grant us an easier opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Spot on, it’s funny how some want to see it who have agendas. Barrow away anyone?
    11 vs 11 anyone

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    This is true away, but at home Pedro is right if we're talking about 2019/20. 6th place Halifax were the only top half side we beat at Meadow Lane. Bottom half we beat everybody bar two with whom we drew (Sutton and Wrexham).

1996 Playoff final v Bradford for me

11 vs 11 anyone
    Yep, another one of IB‘s corkers

Poor manager for us , cost us dear, bored us to death and became the nearly man, flattered to deceive by beating the minnows and failing to beat the big boys when it was 11 against 11 on the grass !.Rumour has it he has a top four budget so when they slip out the top seven they wont be happy over in solihull.
    Still not bad for a manager who you said should never have been the manager of our club...
    Xxxxx
    So you were or weren't at Meadow Lane or the Technique Stadium(?) on Saturday?

Please show me where I said he should never have been the manager of our club. Do you mean I didn't think Hardy should have sacked the two managers before him the season he was appointed? Cos that's a very different statement old bean.

Thanks in advance.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast