+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 8 yards long 8 foot high

8 yards long 8 foot high

I don’t know about you lot out there, but I’m fed up of reading about the same old facts, especially when we get beat. I’m talking about the lack of a clinical goal scorer, and a shot shy team that doesn’t know where the target is. It appears this has been the problem all season, and probably before that,if the truth is known. What I don’t understand is the fact that the club, the talent spotters or SD himself have done nothing about it. God knows, we’ve had this problem long enough. We all thought Cornet was going to be the answer. In the beginning he was, but soon got dragged down to the level of the rest of them. Then WW came along, which got the fans rather excited.Unfortunately, both have gone off the boil, which has co incided with our slump in form. ( again)
    With games running out, it’s a real wonder we are not down already. It would help if we had a midfielder, who also owned a pair of shooting boots to help the cause.Again, we haven’t. Why haven’t the club acted on these problems ?
    If we can see the problems, then so can they.

We have scored more goals this season than we had after 28 matches last season.

But not in the games that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    We have scored more goals this season than we had after 28 matches last season.
    exactly it was a problem last season, a problem this season.. then we sell our striker and spend only half the money..
    This board and manager deserve whats coming,
    I am going to put a bet on us getting relegated again next season.
    This board cant identify problems, we should have had 20/30 mil ready to bolster in Jan before woods was sold...
    This lot are not fit to rebuild next season, they certainly wont pay premiership wages to our top players.. so you can see at least 5 going and we then need about 14 players after getting rid of 7 32+ year olds
    I cant see it any other way than total internal implosion of a **** show

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    exactly it was a problem last season, a problem this season.. then we sell our striker and spend only half the money..
    This board and manager deserve whats coming,
    I am going to put a bet on us getting relegated again next season.
    This board cant identify problems, we should have had 20/30 mil ready to bolster in Jan before woods was sold...
    This lot are not fit to rebuild next season, they certainly wont pay premiership wages to our top players.. so you can see at least 5 going and we then need about 14 players after getting rid of 7 32+ year olds
    I cant see it any other way than total internal implosion of a **** show
    Assuming we go down (Dirty Weeds might yet save us!) the following players are coveted by EPL teams.

1. Tarkowski - leaving on a free in any event.

2. Pope - I can think of at least six EPL teams who will buy him.

3. Taylor - ditto Pope.

4. McNeil - Gerrard rates him.

5. Cornet - back to France?

6. Weghorst - back to Holland?

7. Mee - reunited with Trippier?

Lennon, Long, Vydra, Rodriguez, Bardsley, Pieters will probably not be offered new deals.

Leaves us with Hennessey, Roberts, Collins, Brownhill, Westwood, Cork, Lowton, JBG and a few kids.

Welcome to the real world Mr Pace.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Assuming we go down (Dirty Weeds might yet save us!) the following players are coveted by EPL teams.

1. Tarkowski - leaving on a free in any event.

2. Pope - I can think of at least six EPL teams who will buy him.

3. Taylor - ditto Pope.

4. McNeil - Gerrard rates him.

5. Cornet - back to France?

6. Weghorst - back to Holland?

7. Mee - reunited with Trippier?

Lennon, Long, Vydra, Rodriguez, Bardsley, Pieters will probably not be offered new deals.

Leaves us with Hennessey, Roberts, Collins, Brownhill, Westwood, Cork, Lowton, JBG and a few kids.

Welcome to the real world Mr Pace.
    Well sell cornet BT - Mee is too old And is coming to the end of his career the toon won’t want him, in fairness to Lennon he’s showing some of the others how to go on this season

I’ve given up Mal with this as I really think a lot of our problem is Dyche but im in the minority - I’ve also said that Westwood still thinks wood is still here hoofing balls to weghorst when it’s so obvious it’s not his game.
    We look a better side with cork sat in but he doesn’t have the legs for this level so if we play teams with pace ( all of them ) we get found out.

We have wingers who narrow play all the time And midfield that don’t go beyond our forwards ( ever ).
    It’s a recipe for where we’re going the championship ( hope I’m wrong ).

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I’ve given up Mal with this as I really think a lot of our problem is Dyche but im in the minority - I’ve also said that Westwood still thinks wood is still here hoofing balls to weghorst when it’s so obvious it’s not his game.
    We look a better side with cork sat in but he doesn’t have the legs for this level so if we play teams with pace ( all of them ) we get found out.

We have wingers who narrow play all the time And midfield that don’t go beyond our forwards ( ever ).
    It’s a recipe for where we’re going the championship ( hope I’m wrong ).
    For once, you are not!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)