+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Tam Courts

Best of luck to Tam

He got a good outcome for us this season.

Players liked him and he had some good ideas.

Overall how I feel about this is fine if we get manager upgrade we want pronto

Good Luck Tam. Thanks for getting us 4th and back into Europe. Thought you would have stuck around a bit longer but hey ho.
    Bring in Jack Ross certainly the best candidate going around that's not got a job.

While Jack Ross would be nice and the fact we are in Europe would be a bonus to any manager I wonder if he is holding out for something bigger such as a championship club in England.

The danger for him is that while it is all fine constantly being talked about favourably, if he does not take up something relatively soon he could end up being yesterday's man.

They say you are only as good as your last game, and it is now 6 months since he was sacked after losing 7 of his last 9 games does not look good on paper. The fact he was sacked while Hibs were just over a week away from a final might have owners down south wondering if he is worth the risk.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    Im not just saying this because he bailed but Im not at all bothered Tam has left ,in fact am kind of glad.

By all accounts he had a pretty good budget and he also inherited a very decent squad but what i watched last year was at times terrible and if I'm being totally honest i think the difference between us qualifying for Europe instead of battling it out with Dundee & The saints was our goalkeeper because from what i seen there was very little between us and the bottom two aside from that .

I think Tam carried a hell of a lot of luck during the first half of the season and the first quarter in particular but once the dust settled, lets be honest , what we were watching wasn't great .

Good luck to the guy but i think there are far better out there and that Tam will be soon back in Scotland looking for a job .
    Couldn't agree more. On top of all that, we bought one of the best strikers in Scotland in the window and he had no idea how to set the team up to get the best out of his undoubted talents.

If we do manage to get Jack Ross, this will be best piece of business the club has done in a long time.

See ya Tam, take your Insights p1sh talk with you and don't let the door smack your ar5e on the way out.

I have been saying for years now that all is not well inside Tannadice,that being said we have become almost the Watford of the north by changing manager but still improving.They of course finally went down this season.To be honest i still cannie believe we appointed Tam to manage the side in the first place and all of us need to ask why our last 3 managers couldna wait to get away.

Maybe my last sentence is incorrect but that is the way it seems to me,my guess would be that Tony is an absolute chunt to work for but perhaps some of you can put me right on that?.

Anyway thanks Tam i feared you would relegate us but instead we are back in europe for the first time in 10 years,phuck know's how you did it but you did,FACT.

Lot of speculation there GB. Let me speculate on a different direction, Neilson followed his heart and got a pay rise, Mellon completed his mission to keep us up, maybe settled on Merseyside wanted back, and as for Tam…..watching SPL clubs pandering to fans (sheep/Hibs) and seeing the stick he was getting, decided to cash in while his stock was high, who can blame him?

Onwards and upwards finished higher with each change, might just happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsup View Post
    Lot of speculation there GB. Let me speculate on a different direction, Neilson followed his heart and got a pay rise, Mellon completed his mission to keep us up, maybe settled on Merseyside wanted back, and as for Tam…..watching SPL clubs pandering to fans (sheep/Hibs) and seeing the stick he was getting, decided to cash in while his stock was high, who can blame him?

Onwards and upwards finished higher with each change, might just happen again!
    Yes you could be right on all counts mate and Tony may well be a massive sounding board for all our head coaches but i'm still smelling a rat.

The Neilson departure was out of Utds hands, the other two are harder to explain away. Anyway will be interesting to see who is lined up, unless their is a complete leftfield choice lined up, I think it will be Jack Ross, safe hands but not the most exciting, don't think he would be a yes man or cheap option.

United News states: But after expressing a desire to explore other options away from Tannadice, we have now reached an agreement with Courts that will see him leave the club with immediate effect.

I think he hasn't got the Croatian job but Big Tony has terminated his contract. Told him to gtf. How dare he want to go talk to anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    United News states: But after expressing a desire to explore other options away from Tannadice, we have now reached an agreement with Courts that will see him leave the club with immediate effect.

I think he hasn't got the Croatian job but Big Tony has terminated his contract. Told him to gtf. How dare he want to go talk to anybody else.
    As I see it. United/TC were approached by the Croatians and the club gave them permission to have a discussion which probably started. Meantime United advise the Croatians that they'll have to stump up 6 figures to get TC at which point they bail. TC seems to really have taken the hump at this leading to a complete breakdown in his relationship with the club, hence the severance. Pretty unedifying really.

FWIW, I'm struggling to see the replacement being Jack Ross. 🤔

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)