+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruaidhri Higgins doesn't want the job.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think we're in with a good shout on this one.
    Heading to League 2 apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think we're in with a good shout on this one.
    There was talk of him coming last year with Cameron but he was still under contract and would of cost Notts to much
    So now he is out of contract it seems a real possibility
    And that my friends would be one of the best signings we could expect
    Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    There was talk of him coming last year with Cameron but he was still under contract and would of cost Notts to much
    So now he is out of contract it seems a real possibility
    And that my friends would be one of the best signings we could expect
    Fingers crossed
    We'll do well to get him:

https://the72.co.uk/274711/stockport...onheigh-evans/

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Ahhh, so because we haven’t heard of him it’s no great loss.

He may have been the next best thing. We will never know. Be interesting to see how Derry City FC fair with an owner that has dollar
    I'd rather we get someone with some knowledge of the English leagues and preferably some of the National League rather than another punt. We need to get out of this League ASAP, given we've gone backwards the past 4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Ahhh, so because we haven’t heard of him it’s no great loss.

He may have been the next best thing. We will never know. Be interesting to see how Derry City FC fair with an owner that has dollar
    Just drove past the Brandywell.
    Had never heard of him till Derry appointed him. Their owner is rich & a Derry man. Sold E & I Engineering in Burnfoot to the Yanks for mega money last year, was already the owner of Derry city.. It can be a rough spot

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    30 goals in 104 appearances. Does he create lots of assists???

Not fussed about evans, we have enough of those types really….especially if Ruben stays.

More important to strengthen CM and CB.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Just drove past the Brandywell.
    Had never heard of him till Derry appointed him. Their owner is rich & a Derry man. Sold E & I Engineering in Burnfoot to the Yanks for mega money last year, was already the owner of Derry city.. It can be a rough spot
    I've got family a stones throw from the brandywell Pete, do you live in the area?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    "Derry City manager Ruaidhri Higgins turns down talks with Notts County
    Ruaidhri Higgins has got plenty of praise for the job he is doing at Derry City. Image credit: Sportsfile.

Daniel McDonnell

June 01 2022 08:01 AM

Derry City boss Ruaidhri Higgins has turned down the chance to speak with Notts County about their vacant manager position.

County are desperate to return to the Football League having missed out on promotion from the National League - the old Conference - via the playoffs.

They are on the lookout for a new boss after Ian Burchnall departed to take over League One-bound Forest Green Rovers and are spreading the net wide with a view to reawakening a club which is performing way below expectations.

Independent.ie understands that Higgins was sounded out to see if he would be interested after being identified as a strong candidate.

Analytics firm Football Radar are part of an ambitious Danish consortium who own County and their data-driven research led them to the conclusion that Higgins (37) would fit the bill for what they are looking for based on the style and approach of his Derry side.

However, Higgins is happy where he is and opted against exploring the opportunity. He gave up his position as chief scout and analyst on Stephen Kenny's Ireland staff to take over his local club last April."
    An interesting indicator that Notts are continuing to pursue very young and ambitious managers, but I can't say I'm too heartbroken to miss out on Ruaidhri Higgins. If he didn't fancy coming then there's no point worry about it. On to the next target.

The fact we have sign two players from league below I know one is South & one North wonder if Williamson is our main target ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast