+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 📝 Brad Young Signs

📝 Brad Young Signs

We have completed the season-long loan signing of Leicester City goalkeeper Brad Young.

The 20-year-old shot-stopper arrives to provide competition for Sam Slocombe in a move which will allow Tiernan Brooks to go out on loan to gain valuable match experience.

Young, who hails from Sunderland, joined the Foxes from Hartlepool United and has been selected for England at Under 20s level.

Our head coach Luke Williams said: “We’re really pleased to welcome Brad into the fold.

Read more at > https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...-signs-260822/
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-08-2022 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added signature icon and 'signs'

I'd rather see Brookes given a start, why does L.W think this guys a better option at the same age

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I'd rather see Brookes given a start, why does L.W think this guys a better option at the same age
    Maybe because he is?

Been signed to push Slocombe, but allow Brooks to go out on loan and play regularly. They want Brooks playing, not on our bench.
    Expect Brooks to head out on loan next week.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Been signed to push Slocombe, but allow Brooks to go out on loan and play regularly. They want Brooks playing, not on our bench.
    Expect Brooks to head out on loan next week.
    Sounds good. I hope Sam can succeed in keeping his place this time. Young will get games in the Trophy and covering injury. Good luck to him, but don't want to see him get the shirt for the sake of it. I think Slocombe can get on top of the distribution thing.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Been signed to push Slocombe, but allow Brooks to go out on loan and play regularly. They want Brooks playing, not on our bench. Expect Brooks to head out on loan next week.
    In the same way that we want Brooks to go on loan to get more first-team experience, surely Leicester would want Young to get first-team football with us, otherwise he's just a reserve like he is at Leicester, training with lower standard players than he would if he stayed there. Curious logic, but no doubt time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    In the same way that we want Brooks to go on loan to get more first-team experience, surely Leicester would want Young to get first-team football with us, otherwise he's just a reserve like he is at Leicester, training with lower standard players than he would if he stayed there. Curious logic, but no doubt time will tell!
    This. Leicester won’t be sending someone out to be a back-up keeper - they’ll be expecting him to keep progressing, and the only way he’ll do that is by playing matches. Give it a few weeks and I suspect he’ll be starting once he’s had time to bed in.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The logic might be that he'll be 2nd choice here. But currently he's 5th choice at Leicester. And they still might sign a new first-choice keeper to replace Kasper.

They've also got another (younger) development squad keeper (Chituru Odunze) who is a US u20 international and an absolute giant (6ft 7). So tbh Brad might not be that highly regarded as 'one for the future' at Leicester.

This^^^

If we're gonna develop players, let's develop our own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast