+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfer window

Transfer window

8 weeks ago I would of thought we need 5 or 6 new players.
    Now if no one come in we will ok.
    Just need to shift the wage thief Zohore of the books

I can't imagine a single club who would employ him to be honest. He is a fraud of a player. No heart, no ambition, no determination yet somehow he has conned clubs into buying him. It would not surprise me to find that at the end of this contract with us he retires from football.

For me a quality left back is a must, Townsends ball to Phillips was great but his overall play was awful, really awful, caught too often upfield and inside giving the winger acres of room, his positional sense is poor, dives in, his penalty challenge v Sunderland wasn’t the first time he’d done it
    Need to offload Livermore, Reach, Bartley, Button, Zohore, Kelly and Grant and in the summer Phillips as well
    We can do so much better, I’m sure Carlos will have his targets and hopefully be supported by the club in getting them

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post

Add waste of space Livermore - Reach and Bryan to this list to as surely a league 1 club could be interested. Bring back a couple of our promising youngsters on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    For me a quality left back is a must, Townsends ball to Phillips was great but his overall play was awful, really awful, caught too often upfield and inside giving the winger acres of room, his positional sense is poor, dives in, his penalty challenge v Sunderland wasn’t the first time he’d done it
    Need to offload Livermore, Reach, Bartley, Button, Zohore, Kelly and Grant and in the summer Phillips as well
    We can do do much better, I’m sure Carlos will have his targets and hopefully be supported by the club in getting them

Would agree with all the Bomber although might make an exception for Bartley as CC seems to make him tick - 1 year contract though at most! Townsend is really poor and more of a liability and still the worst player of late.

A chicken has more heart than Grant and surely a league 1 club could be interested in Livermore and Reach if salaries were below 10K a week? Zohore - wouldn’t even send him to Blackpool beach as that would be disrespectful to the beach!

The transfer window is as much use as an advent calendar in January to us

Nothing behind any of the flaps when you open them!

If we got promoted this season, we’ll need a whole host of new players
    Prem Quality.. Yokuslu, Wallace, (OShea ?)
    Unknown Prem Quality..Palmer, Rogic,Molumby,Dike, BTA,TGH, Swift
    Been there and failed..Furlong,Townsend, Ajayi, Bartley, Diangana, Grant
    Shipped out.. Zohore, Pieters, Kelly, Bryan, Livermore, Phillips, Reach, Button

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Nothing behind any of the flaps when you open them!
    Yes.
    I too have experienced this once....before....a long time a go.....

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I don't think we will be ok if no one comes in.

We need one striker definitely, and 2 if we can shift the useless Grant. A CB is also needed, as playing Pieters there isn't ideal and their fitness concerns with SA and KB, I would also try to get another defensive midfielder.

With 2 games a week and possible yellow card bans we need to strengthen, but that doesn't need a big outlay, as c??? Bruce ignored the loan market, which I don't think CC will.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    I don't think we will be ok if no one comes in.

We need one striker definitely, and 2 if we can shift the useless Grant. A CB is also needed, as playing Pieters there isn't ideal and their fitness concerns with SA and KB, I would also try to get another defensive midfielder.

With 2 games a week and possible yellow card bans we need to strengthen, but that doesn't need a big outlay, as c??? Bruce ignored the loan market, which I don't think CC will.

Agree Blood! 15 million for Grant and still paying instalments. It makes you want to cry!!!
    Centre forward - if Grant is a centre forward then I’m a f uckin pilot 🧑*✈️

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)