+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ratings v Swindon.

Ratings v Swindon.

An alternative view. I only get to maybe 5 or 6 games a season but rarely miss a commentary. First time I’ve seen Notts since playoff semi finals. Using 6/10 as the benchmark of decent enough game.

Stone 6.5. Didn’t feel unnerved by him playing short. With time to play on his right foot seemed to get on Didzy’ ahead everytime. Left foot when rushed a bit ‘scoopy’ if that makes sense. Wasn’t sat at the best angle for the goal but looked like he may have done better.

Cameron and Brindley 8. Thought they were both brilliant, especially Brinds in defence and transition.

Baldwin 6.5. Looked a disaster waiting to happen at time and a class act others. Hard to judge.

Nemane. 6. Wasn’t impressed but we were up against a couple of good wing backs. Not sure what he offers unless has someone to find him with that inside the fullback pass. Typical, the one time he did put it on a plate Crowley flopped it.

Jones. 8. What a threat and looks to be loving his football again.

Palmer 8. Thought he was the calm head in the second half.

Bostock. 6.5. Looked a bit knackered second half and could have done with an extra touch on a few occasions rather than cute one touch passes that put us under pressure.

Crowley and McGoldrick 8. Took a Swindon reshuffle at half time to even get close to getting to grips with them.

Langstaff 8. What a talisman he is for us now. Got his goal scoring confidence going. Pace, pressing and what a penalty!

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    An alternative view. I only get to maybe 5 or 6 games a season but rarely miss a commentary. First time I’ve seen Notts since playoff semi finals. Using 6/10 as the benchmark of decent enough game.

Stone 6.5. Didn’t feel unnerved by him playing short. With time to play on his right foot seemed to get on Didzy’ ahead everytime. Left foot when rushed a bit ‘scoopy’ if that makes sense. Wasn’t sat at the best angle for the goal but looked like he may have done better.

Cameron and Brindley 8. Thought they were both brilliant, especially Brinds in defence and transition.

Baldwin 6.5. Looked a disaster waiting to happen at time and a class act others. Hard to judge.

Nemane. 6. Wasn’t impressed but we were up against a couple of good wing backs. Not sure what he offers unless has someone to find him with that inside the fullback pass. Typical, the one time he did put it on a plate Crowley flopped it.

Jones. 8. What a threat and looks to be loving his football again.

Palmer 8. Thought he was the calm head in the second half.

Bostock. 6.5. Looked a bit knackered second half and could have done with an extra touch on a few occasions rather than cute one touch passes that put us under pressure.

Crowley and McGoldrick 8. Took a Swindon reshuffle at half time to even get close to getting to grips with them.

Langstaff 8. What a talisman he is for us now. Got his goal scoring confidence going. Pace, pressing and what a penalty!
    Think all of these are fair enough, it was a brilliant collective performance with some outstanding performances right through the team. Cameron just shared MOTM for me but it’s a close run thing.

The only rating I disagree with is the 6 for Nemane; he got one assist first half and as you point out should’ve had at least one more. His crossing isn’t as good as Jones’ but he always carries such a threat and has vastly improved defensively. Their LB was hooked at half time he’d been given such a torrid time, and isn’t even the first at Meadow Lane this season to be taken off so early such is the constant problems he causes.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Think all of these are fair enough, it was a brilliant collective performance with some outstanding performances right through the team. Cameron just shared MOTM for me but it’s a close run thing.

The only rating I disagree with is the 6 for Nemane; he got one assist first half and as you point out should’ve had at least one more. His crossing isn’t as good as Jones’ but he always carries such a threat and has vastly improved defensively. Their LB was hooked at half time he’d been given such a torrid time, and isn’t even the first at Meadow Lane this season to be taken off so early such is the constant problems he causes.
    It’s not exactly easy to time those runs in behind so well, he gets in every single time. It’s like a special move.

It's too hard to give ratings for last night. First half everyone deserves a 9 at least, second half would be much lower.

My contenders for MOM would be McGoldrick, Palmer and Cameron, with McGoldrick shading it.

I wouldn't rate Jones as highly as that. For his attacking effort he lost the battle against his opposing wing-back and allowed his man to get the cross in almost every time. One for the goal, one for the header over the bar and a few other instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's too hard to give ratings for last night. First half everyone deserves a 9 at least, second half would be much lower.

My contenders for MOM would be McGoldrick, Palmer and Cameron, with McGoldrick shading it.
    I can see why you would think that, but Swindon made forced significant changes at half time and I think that Mr Williams decided to manage the game in a different way, given the way we have frightened everyone to death in recent weeks with some of the goals we have conceded. And against an extremely good side it largely worked well and for the most part, our defence was pretty composed for a change. I also thought Nemane and Jones tracked back well in the second half. Not the side of them that is exciting granted. We also managed to sub most of our star players off to give them a rest for the weekend and I assume they won't play next Tuesday against Derby. Obviously only saw online but I thought Cameron was immense and I only saw one error from Baldwin in the first half as well. A curious performance for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    I wouldn't rate Jones as highly as that. For his attacking effort he lost the battle against his opposing wing-back and allowed his man to get the cross in almost every time. One for the goal, one for the header over the bar and a few other instances.
    Agree not his best game - but nobody had a below average game.
    We were put on the back foot by a good team in the 2nd half but I thought the players maintained their high level of play, only pinned back and without the ball.

I'd give Didzy another MoM with other clear 8/10s for Baldwin, Nemane, Crowley and Langstaff

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    I agree Jones had a good first half along with Nemane but both faded in the second half and Jones was beaten far to often and Nemane was replaced, it was a no contest with him against their giant forward for their goal.

Standout performers were Crowley, Didzy, Cameron, and probably Palmer (as always). Langstaff was good too. He seems to have improved his all-round game since last season and leads the line so well.

It's interesting that several on their board highlight Bostock along with Didzy as the pick of our players. I guess Bostock made 11 appearances for them...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast