+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He was our No 1 choice from the outset.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

He was our No 1 choice from the outset.

Nearly three weeks since the sacking of Collins and the failed punt at disrupting things to win the Play Offs.

Not a word from the owners/ CEO/ SD since the sacking.

Revised ST Early Bird deadline finishes next week.

No words, no action Parekh. Say summat or better still, do summat mi owd.

Sack Race - In out of nowhere Danial Stendal 2/1.

A devoted Club Loyalist on BBS who is In The Know on the new HC says an appointment is "very very close" so strap on your seat belts, it could be today !

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A devoted Club Loyalist on BBS who is In The Know on the new HC says an appointment is "very very close" so strap on your seat belts, it could be today !
    Stendel is the new favourite - I really hope this happens, that would get fans back onboard

It would be funny if they come out with the “he was our number 1 choice” after what’s gone on.

As for Stendel, I’m not sure on this. I loved his passion and how we pressed teams but he had a good league 1 team when he took over and then got found out a bit when we were in the championship, particularly defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    It would be funny if they come out with the “he was our number 1 choice” after what’s gone on.

As for Stendel, I’m not sure on this. I loved his passion and how we pressed teams but he had a good league 1 team when he took over and then got found out a bit when we were in the championship, particularly defensively.
    I hear alot of people say this, but I think people only remember how he got them playing and not what they were when he joined.
    Ethan Pinnock wasn't the player we know until Stendel came - there were glimpses of a decent footballer but he only played a dozen games and wasnt overly convincing. Liam Lindsay looked a better defender in the championship

Alex Mowatt - had been farmed out to Oxford the season before - I would guess if you asked Mowatt a turning point in his career it was down to Stendel - Mowatt looked on his way out into the non league and wasnt the player he is now until stendel came.

Kieffer Moore was god awful in the championship, and Stendel got a tune out of him

I think we under estimate Stendels influence on that team and its individuals.

Lets be fair with the championship season - we did the usual Barnsley thing and sold a winning team and expected to compete with half a new one - so Stendel was chucked under the bus

It amuses me how the club played the high moral card accusing Stendel of "speaking to other clubs" before they sacked him and recently do the same thing secretly speaking to Thalhammer whilst Collins was in post here. Luckily it ended with the usual BFC feq up.

I would love another season under Stendel ( a season is all they get nowadays).

Whoever it is first headache to face will be to find out the names of all the players leaving.

But no problem the suits will have players with experience at a higher level ready to sign up and a ' big budget' to bring in all their targets

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    I hear alot of people say this, but I think people only remember how he got them playing and not what they were when he joined.
    Ethan Pinnock wasn't the player we know until Stendel came - there were glimpses of a decent footballer but he only played a dozen games and wasnt overly convincing. Liam Lindsay looked a better defender in the championship

Alex Mowatt - had been farmed out to Oxford the season before - I would guess if you asked Mowatt a turning point in his career it was down to Stendel - Mowatt looked on his way out into the non league and wasnt the player he is now until stendel came.

Kieffer Moore was god awful in the championship, and Stendel got a tune out of him

I think we under estimate Stendels influence on that team and its individuals.

Lets be fair with the championship season - we did the usual Barnsley thing and sold a winning team and expected to compete with half a new one - so Stendel was chucked under the bus
    I get that to an extent. Although Mowatt had previously shown that he could do it at championship level and I thought Moore was good in the championship to be honest.

I give him credit for getting us up but I still maintain that he had a strong core group of players to deal with.

He was thrown under the bus at championship level by us selling our defence but also tactically he didn’t help us at all. We were constantly wide open at the back and in the end, that cost him his job.

I wouldn’t hate him coming back but I also wouldn’t be enamoured (will still back him or whoever gets the job).

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    I get that to an extent. Although Mowatt had previously shown that he could do it at championship level and I thought Moore was good in the championship to be honest.

I give him credit for getting us up but I still maintain that he had a strong core group of players to deal with.

He was thrown under the bus at championship level by us selling our defence but also tactically he didn’t help us at all. We were constantly wide open at the back and in the end, that cost him his job.

I wouldn’t hate him coming back but I also wouldn’t be enamoured (will still back him or whoever gets the job).
    I'd agree the core of the players then was better then that what will be the case now - although I got the impression - especially the Preston game - that it was done to highlight to the board the shortcomings in defence as they'd ripped the ronson out of the team - which they sold Bradshaw and Potts from under him mid season and didnt really replace.

The championship for me is a very unforgiving division and is developing a gulf in class between itself and L1 like the PL and championship had when we got promoted to the PL .

I think had we kept that team (As was the case with the fire sale under PH) that we would have done well and held our own - what it highlights is that 3 different owners have all done the same thing and no lessons have been learned!

Whoever comes in needs time, and if that means going up and down a few seasons then so be it - Burnley did it for a few years under Dyche and then stayed put - we need to do the same.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast