+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Ipswich made 6 subs, did they have a concussion sub?

Broadhead 46 min
    Hutchinson 72
    Luongo 73
    Tuanzebe 75
    Al-Hamadi 80
    Jackson 88

Have I missed something here?
    Ollie Rathbone went off for a concussion so they got an extra substitute too.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Ollie Rathbone went off for a concussion so they got an extra substitute too.
    Cheers GF, strange rule.......why should the other team benefit from concussion on another team? If it's concussion then it's a forced sub, due to health protocols, then the other side gets an extra sub by choice.......never mind things even themselves out over a season..........hahahaha

Yes our defence made silly mistakes today that cost goals but in reality they were no worse than the Ipswich defence for our fist two. Eaves getting Infront of his man and Clucas winning his battle to get a pass in. Second had keeper flapping, wasnt cleared and fell nicely to Haks.
    We played well, very well and deserved to win. Confidence looked improved and we showed that we can mix it up.
    Haks, Kioso and Clucas had blinders, Morrison did a good job on Moore, Eaves played well as did Nombe when he came on.

We've got concussion managing side! Losers. Sure TS realises that.

We are the best in the league at turning attack into defence. A throw in deep in their half ended up back with Johansson 5 seconds later. Morrison the main culprit for being negative. Lost count of the number of times he passed back to Johansson when a forward ball was an option.
    That said the 2nd half display was the best I've seen us play all season and just our luck we were cruelly denied any reward

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    All those saying get rid of the Manager want to give their head a wobble.

Yes I was gutted but it would have been easy to raise the white flag at half time but we fought back commendably.

Ok we lost it at the end but on another day the Viking would have saved it. That’s how it goes.

We are down anyway, win lose or draw that game.
    The performance was far better & these last couple of games we have been very unlucky. Even though we lost v Hull we were leading them up to 70 minutes & look how well they’ve done since.

Not the sign of a team not playing for the Manager.

Safe journey home to those fantastic fans who went down tonight. Could have been a creditable draw but it wasn’t to be.

Stick with Leam Richardson. I am sure he will put it right next season.
    It would be ridiculous to get rid of LR at the moment.
    I was probably a bit harsh with my comments last night just fed up of travelling and throwing it away.
    He shouldn’t have set us up like he did it was suicidal.
    The second half we gave it a go and he has to take credit for that.
    I want him to succeed because he’s our head coach.
    I’m not convinced with some of his tactics and substitutes etc but he needs a crack at next season.
    I still maintain we’ve got worse since he came in however I understand some of the reasons why that is.
    Playing Hugill is indefensible I can’t accept that one.
    If we keep losing his credibility is getting damaged and he won’t get any slack next season.
    I hope he gets it right but not convinced he will.

The stats over the last 2 games are a stark contrast to the many games before which suggests something has changed but none the less,LR is in a very unusual situation. Trying to play out nearly half a season with no chance of staying up must be hard work.He is struggling in his interviews to say anything tangible with regards to moving forward and is keen to keep reiterating that he has just 'arrived in the building'.As much as we can't wait for this season to end,I bet he can't,even more! He really is a 'lame duck' manager at the moment.Having said that,we haven't noticeably improved since he arrived and you go back to MT's defiant last words before being sacked.....''I'll be damned if anyone else can do a better job with that group at the moment!'. The difference is that they were MT's group and LR keeps subtly reminding everyone of that fact in his post match interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    The stats over the last 2 games are a stark contrast to the many games before which suggests something has changed but none the less,LR is in a very unusual situation. Trying to play out nearly half a season with no chance of staying up must be hard work.He is struggling in his interviews to say anything tangible with regards to moving forward and is keen to keep reiterating that he has just 'arrived in the building'.As much as we can't wait for this season to end,I bet he can't,even more! He really is a 'lame duck' manager at the moment.Having said that,we haven't noticeably improved since he arrived and you go back to MT's defiant last words before being sacked.....''I'll be damned if anyone else can do a better job with that group at the moment!'. The difference is that they were MT's group and LR keeps subtly reminding everyone of that fact in his post match interviews.
    Next season will see a very different team and a fresh start but Pocket makes a good point.LR will have used up most of his credit in the bank so if we get off to a bad start he may not get much time because all these defeats,whether down to him or not,could come back to haunt him.

Was the 2nd half saved by Ollie's injury. As playing Clucas and Peltier on left was a disaster, they saw the weakness and attacked down their right. Moving Kioso to LWB and moving Clucas to midfield stopped them attacking so much down their right, but would LR made the changed if it wasn't forced?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    He has an awful job at the moment, the points total says we are worse and at the end that is what determines a good or bad season. However, we are playing some nice football at times, we have learned to recycle the ball rather than panic and just lump it forward. Some of our players look better players than before and look up to wearing the shirt. How MT didn’t think Kioso was good enough is beyond me, how PW didn’t think Odoffin was good enough is as bad………but every manager sees players differently and it is good that two players at the right age that are contracted with us have really stepped up, there are others as well. I genuinely think if TS does what he said in his interview and invests again in this manager and in the infrastructure that is clearly needed we can have a positive season next season. I actually think that the infrastructure plan and investment is more important this summer than the first team squad, we have a core that can do well in L1 we need to keep them developing and fit, reducing the risk of injury and that requires supporting infrastructure.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast