+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wembley

Wembley

To be fair all the players (young & old) under Farkes guidance-regime who've forced their way into his regular starting eleven deserve praise.

They've obviously all revaluated, assessed & re-accessed to become re-focused for sure several times this season, so have demonstrated that the "challenge" when presented can be skilfully met both mentally & physically - so that kind of tweaking within the "learning curve" when fully evaluated is quite reassuring as Coaching staff & players have learned how to remain much calmer under pressure & thus more composed as a unit, imo.

I know that the Wembley turf & stage atmosphere is gonna be lapped up for certain by our "confidence players". 👍

I sincerely hope you are right!!!!

What an atmosphere that is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I sincerely hope you are right!!!!

What an atmosphere that is going to be.
    I agree with MT and as you say, the atmosphere will be special. 36000 Leeds fans giving everything. Georginio, Summerville have a stage to perform on and of course I want em too win but if we’re still in the Championship next season, I will have had a great day out, tinged with a big dose of disappointment but knowing we go again …………….. hopefully with Farke in charge. I know others seem to view things/him differently but I would like a long term project ending with us sustaining and building a Premier League status, to include Europe. Doing a Norwich and sacking like that does not fit into my way at least of building a future of success.

The Norwich game provided those players that needed it with confidence - to experience a massive occasion and deal more than adequately with it. Wembley is different I know but that confirmation from the Norwich game will have helped. You can’t beat experience in the end I guess. Fingers crossed for the start of a new history with a Play Off final win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    I agree with MT and as you say, the atmosphere will be special. 36000 Leeds fans giving everything. Georginio, Summerville have a stage to perform on and of course I want em too win but if we’re still in the Championship next season, I will have had a great day out, tinged with a big dose of disappointment but knowing we go again …………….. hopefully with Farke in charge. I know others seem to view things/him differently but I would like a long term project ending with us sustaining and building a Premier League status, to include Europe. Doing a Norwich and sacking like that does not fit into my way at least of building a future of success.

The Norwich game provided those players that needed it with confidence - to experience a massive occasion and deal more than adequately with it. Wembley is different I know but that confirmation from the Norwich game will have helped. You can’t beat experience in the end I guess. Fingers crossed for the start of a new history with a Play Off final win.
    We disagree on a lot, but on all the above I'm 100% with you (including the "long term" project, although we might differ on who should lead that, depends on a lot of things I guess).

Was amazed at the transformation of a side with many of the same players who cam up against Sunderland and Southampton when we played Norwich, was like turning the clock back 6 months or more.

Will be very interesting to see what happens crowd-wise. The rank stupidity of the Southampton fans after last nights match, takes some beating, we departed for a celebratory pint (mate is a Saints fan) and he was as appalled as most of those with us. Compare and contrast how the Leeds fans behaved in what was arguably a more v i t a l game. I suspect Saints fans will need ear-plugs on the 26th.

Managed to get two tickets - C’mon Leeds!

This is the year to break the play off hoodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

Yep, sorted here too. Very excited. Still can’t make my mind up whether it will be good to win and go up. I’ve really enjoyed the Championship again. I guess it has to be the Prem and hope the 49ers don’t let us down like Radrizzani 🤷*♂️

Agreed and think need to go up just to avoid falling further down the tree financially.

If we go up then looks like ground redevelopment will take place too.

Finally, saints will be sucking on lemons too 😎

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

I'll be there too!

I'll be watching from my armchair with a mug of hot chocolate 🍫 Come on 🤔🤔🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I'll be there too!
    Nice one - will pm you

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)