PDA

View Full Version : Queens v Alloa

Northfield53
13-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Yet another hard game one that we have to win if we want to get into the playoffs.
Should be more or less have eyeryone back Paton and McKenna are key players for us.

ALBERTZ_11
13-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Andrew Dallas is the referee. Son of Hugh.

Cpt_Blackadder
13-03-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm looking forward to another feast of football at Recreation park and the opportunity to gawp in awe at the silky skills of Steven Simmons. The weather will as usual be glorious and the beer in the pubs will be free... I'm going now to take my medicine an d put a damp towel on my head.

Auld_Chippy
15-03-2014, 09:45 AM
After all the talk on the forum about allegations on racial abuse, it's matchday so let's get back to concentrating on matters on the park. Bad news that McKenna is out for the season but we now have a few options for cover in the middle of the park, although perhaps none with his "dig". We are creating plenty of scoring chances so let's hope we can stick a few away today. Setting off for the bus now and feeling quite confident of picking up three points to maintain our play-off aspirations. COME ON YOU QUEENS

palmylad
15-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Result - Alloa 0 Queens 1 ( Dowie 18 ) ... Crowd 644

Queens stay 4th :)

Tam_o_Terregles
15-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Game of few clear-cut chances. Alloa created very little in the final third and Xander had next to nothing to do bar routine stuff.
We created more dangerous opportunities with Reilly's pace causing Alloa defenders problems.
First half and a Mitchell corner saw a Dowie header cleared off the line. Shortly after a Mitchell free-kick landed on Dowie for a free header and he planted into the net from 8 yards.
Second half was scrappier and Alloa had more of the ball but did little with it. Good defending all round and the team worked hard to protect the lead.
There were some boos when Gav was subbed off with ten minutes left. Most thought McHugh would be the one to be replaced by Del.

steakpiegravy
15-03-2014, 08:12 PM
It was a bit scrappy with the wind but Queens did play some good passing, although much of it in our own half. Queens were on top for much of the game but I remember at least two good chances for Alloa where it was bad finishing/luck as much as anything that saved us.
It did seem strange that Reilly went off - McHugh seemed pretty anonymous and Del won more headers in his first 2 minutes on the park than McHugh did all game. Nothing against McHugh - he just didnt seem to impose himself on the game for me. Higgins at left back doesnt do it for me either.

steakpiegravy
15-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Whats the story with the white board incidentally?

deek5trans
15-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Terrible game to watch but great result. Hard to pick a MOM but i would go with Durnan.

Higgins returning to left back. Was Holty carrying a injury??

The Reilly substitution was bizarre. McHugh just goes through the motions where in contrast Gavin never gives up chasing and putting 100% effort in.

parttimesupporter
15-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Thought McIntyre could have cost us a point (or worse) today. We were quite poor and 15 minutes into the second half it was clear that we were struggling. However, he made no attempt to change anything or introduce fresh legs. Happy we won but still not convinced by the manager.

Auld_Chippy
16-03-2014, 01:22 AM
Definitely not a classic but three points picked up anyway. Our defence looked fairly comfortable throughout and Zander was never really tested except for a cheeky long range effort from Simmons which he just managed to deal with. Windy conditions on a fast pitch probably contributed to the scrappy encounter. Dowie and Burns voted joint MOM on Travel Club buses. Dumbarton are proving hard to shake off with a good win over Cowdenbeath, who we are up against next week.

bluesince1969
16-03-2014, 08:33 AM
McHugh ----brought in for his physical presence!Results have been fairly positive since he came in!He isnt pretty but then neither are the team at times.

As for the manager not convincing you, please change the record.Queens are doing just fine and with the fixtures left will hopefuully make 4th place and the playoffs.

This would be a fantastic achievement in our first season back in what is probably the most competetive of British leagues.

John_fi_Skye
16-03-2014, 10:04 AM
A few weeks back, I posted that I thought we'd finish 5th or 6th. I'm now seriously thinking that 4th is not out of the question. We had a ropey start to the season, but more recently we seem to have been solid enough to grind some results out. I'm happy to give credit for that to the manager as well as the players.

KevinQOS
19-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Whats the story with the white board incidentally?that was mine , brought in for the banter but the stewards were a bit annoyed with it so i sat it under the stand, then left without it haha