+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Alloa

Queens v Alloa

Yet another hard game one that we have to win if we want to get into the playoffs.
    Should be more or less have eyeryone back Paton and McKenna are key players for us.

re: Queens v Alloa

Andrew Dallas is the referee. Son of Hugh.

I'm looking forward to another feast of football at Recreation park and the opportunity to gawp in awe at the silky skills of Steven Simmons. The weather will as usual be glorious and the beer in the pubs will be free... I'm going now to take my medicine an d put a damp towel on my head.

After all the talk on the forum about allegations on racial abuse, it's matchday so let's get back to concentrating on matters on the park. Bad news that McKenna is out for the season but we now have a few options for cover in the middle of the park, although perhaps none with his "dig". We are creating plenty of scoring chances so let's hope we can stick a few away today. Setting off for the bus now and feeling quite confident of picking up three points to maintain our play-off aspirations. COME ON YOU QUEENS

Result - Alloa 0 Queens 1 ( Dowie 18 ) ... Crowd 644

Queens stay 4th

Game of few clear-cut chances. Alloa created very little in the final third and Xander had next to nothing to do bar routine stuff.
    We created more dangerous opportunities with Reilly's pace causing Alloa defenders problems.
    First half and a Mitchell corner saw a Dowie header cleared off the line. Shortly after a Mitchell free-kick landed on Dowie for a free header and he planted into the net from 8 yards.
    Second half was scrappier and Alloa had more of the ball but did little with it. Good defending all round and the team worked hard to protect the lead.
    There were some boos when Gav was subbed off with ten minutes left. Most thought McHugh would be the one to be replaced by Del.

It was a bit scrappy with the wind but Queens did play some good passing, although much of it in our own half. Queens were on top for much of the game but I remember at least two good chances for Alloa where it was bad finishing/luck as much as anything that saved us.
    It did seem strange that Reilly went off - McHugh seemed pretty anonymous and Del won more headers in his first 2 minutes on the park than McHugh did all game. Nothing against McHugh - he just didnt seem to impose himself on the game for me. Higgins at left back doesnt do it for me either.

Whats the story with the white board incidentally?

Terrible game to watch but great result. Hard to pick a MOM but i would go with Durnan.

Higgins returning to left back. Was Holty carrying a injury??

The Reilly substitution was bizarre. McHugh just goes through the motions where in contrast Gavin never gives up chasing and putting 100% effort in.

Thought McIntyre could have cost us a point (or worse) today. We were quite poor and 15 minutes into the second half it was clear that we were struggling. However, he made no attempt to change anything or introduce fresh legs. Happy we won but still not convinced by the manager.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)