View Full Version : Be honest..

Dragon_Miller
25-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Who thought at half time, we were gonna lose. Not saying I did, but I heard a lot of plastics saying that we were dead and buried.

NeztheMiller
25-05-2014, 10:56 PM
I honestly didn't think we were dead and buried at 0-2 down!
I was worried, but I've seen us come from behind before, as we all have, but I was dreading us conceding another goal because that would've been the end, but I knew that if we could get the next goal then we'd have a great chance of turning it around!

And as it turned out, if the referee had had the balls to award us that cert penalty in the 3rd minute of the game when Revell was clearly pushed in the back then we'd have gone on to win the game in ninety minutes! :D

gramiller1959
26-05-2014, 05:53 AM
I honestly didn't think we were dead and buried at 0-2 down!
I was worried, but I've seen us come from behind before, as we all have, but I was dreading us conceding another goal because that would've been the end, but I knew that if we could get the next goal then we'd have a great chance of turning it around!

And as it turned out, if the referee had had the balls to award us that cert penalty in the 3rd minute of the game when Revell was clearly pushed in the back then we'd have gone on to win the game in ninety minutes! :D

ditto

Littlest_Hobo
26-05-2014, 06:11 AM
Weird - after this season's exploits you could never write us off. At NYS I would have been sure we would score - but yesterday Orient were doing a job on us in midfield and the normal fluid attacking football was a bit subdued as Frecklington was occupied - I never considered us dead and buried but I was worried where the goal was going to come from to get us back in it.

Heman
26-05-2014, 06:39 AM
On my life I can say that at no point yesterday did I think we would lose. At half time I was singing I believe in miracles and thinking about how Gus Poyet kept Sunderland up.

gm_gm
26-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Never!

I turned to my daughter who was proudly wearing her jesters hat and told her to hold back the tears...you will need them for full time when we win.

mattsheffmiller23
26-05-2014, 06:59 AM
I never lost faith but I thought here we go again in a wembley final, but who cares because we won and championship here we come UTM

caytonmiller
26-05-2014, 08:45 AM
my dad said 1.0 down we would win. at 2 down it will be hard but doable. so my deciphering concluded. "a draw then" :)
even at halftime millers fans had a smile on there faces. you just knew. didnt we?

millmoorlane
26-05-2014, 08:48 AM
I always thought we had two goals in us. At 2-2 I felt certain that Agard would get his usual goal. Bizarre to not feel remotely beaten at 2-0 down against a really good side.

chefmiller
26-05-2014, 08:50 AM
At half time I was confident we would come back, but as we waited for the penalties to start,I lost confidence. However when Frecks missed his, for some bizarre reason I thought we are going to win and bet the guy next to me A?20. He paid up at the end and said he'd never been so happy to loose money.

barefoot
26-05-2014, 09:06 AM
At half time I turned to my dad and said "I'd take penalties right now".

Not one person around me was REALLY negative. Every single person was saying if we could get a goal in first ten minutes of second half then it was on!

Barnsley_Miller
26-05-2014, 09:19 AM
With the way the Lads have played this season how could anyone think we wouldnt fight back?

Yes we were up against it at 2-0 down but HT came to the recue and I knew the Lads would come out all guns blazing!

I said to Mrs BM that if we get an early goal then the O's would be under the cosh :)

This Team dont know when they are beaten, they just keep going and thats what I Love about how my Team play, win lose or draw they give it their all!

We never give up, We never give up, We're Rotherham United, We never give up!

We'll fight to the end, We'll fight to the end, We're Rotherham United, We'll fight to the end!

I never doubted our Lads Yesterday, I had an inner feeling that we would win, just like I did when we won the Auto windscreens ;)

Enjoy the summer Fellas, whens the fixtures due out? :D

UTM

Derbymiller
26-05-2014, 09:30 AM
the woman announced on radio wembley no team had ever come back from 2-0 down at ht in the play-off final and won, my son looked at me and said "we will break that record today", he is a good lad :D

dantpen
26-05-2014, 09:36 AM
I was absolutely gutted at half time and the only words I spoke were to my mum and dad when I said "It's not over yet"

howardp
26-05-2014, 09:54 AM
At half time I thought the next goal would determine what happened, if we scored then on to win, if they had, then dead and buried...but it was us so onwards and upwards!

millertop
26-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Knew we'd score but was a little worried

MagyarMiller
26-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Honestly didn't think we were beaten at half-time.
I said if we get one early enough, we def had at least another one in us.

The only real doubts i had were tbh penalties. The second period of extra time was horrible, just this creeping nagging doubt that it was all going to slip away because of pens.

BUT

What a team.

To come from behind in the game. Amazing but not totally unexpected this season.

To come from behind in pens. WTF absolutely in-foookin- credible.

What a bunch.

UTM

Hope they all have a thoroughly well deserved break somewhere nice.

Here's to next season. :-D

Play
26-05-2014, 11:01 AM
A lot of liars in this thread because you mentioned being plastic in the OP.

I thought we had gone at half time. That the occasion would be too big to claw back. Especially since Orient's team were better equipped to sit deep and hit us on the break, exploiting areas with pacey wingers (like they already had done first half).

Glad I was wrong, no need to lie about it though lads. ;D

Adventus2012
26-05-2014, 11:08 AM
I said to my son "cheer up lad we're gunna win the second half 3-0" I honestly believed that would be the case!
It never panned out that way of course but we won the game never the less!

I always thought we would win!

You can never write off the mighty millers!

RTID

:D

Nedstarks_son
26-05-2014, 11:53 AM
I think one thing we must have all learnt this season is that we are never out of any game. The only ones that would doubt this are the 10k that turned up for their first view of the millers.

My biggest worry about yesterday is that performance wise I don't think we turned up fully. Including Revs in my opinion each player have had several better performances this season but thankfully each one of them showed team spirit and grit to get us back in the Championship.

Due to his size Evans is 'The Special Two' his achievement is bigger than his KFC account.

A Fantastic day with a fantastic result. Absolute class.

BradfordFozzie
26-05-2014, 11:59 AM
At half time we just kept saying remember the Wolves game! We came out against them and bossed the game!

CrackersATM
26-05-2014, 12:27 PM
I grabbed a swift 500ml (southern pint) at HT and a couple of plastics came up to me and told me we'd had it. I reminded them we never give up and have proved all season so we are still very much in the match. We did comeback though we did it the hard way with every player exhausted at the end.

Reference the plastics I think it's great they came to watch us. They boosted our numbers and finances plus I hope they now find NYS if not every home game more often say 2 or 3 times a season. The problem is plastics don't know how to watch football and back a team. They kept moving seats and weren't aware how we've fought for 90 plus minutes every game this season and weren't going to quit on the biggest stage at HT.

Reference atmosphere and fans moving I don't think the ticket distribution by Wembley helped. There was lots of spaces in the bottom tier and selling the top tier from back row and not front row first. Anyone else think if the bottom tier had been rammed with Millers fans halfw

sheffieldmiller
26-05-2014, 02:37 PM
I honestly thought we were going to come out and stick it to em ... And we certainly did

UTM

charlielard
26-05-2014, 03:54 PM
I must be the only one who wasn't confident of winning!

In 2010 the thought of losing never crossed my mind and when we lost it was horrible. This time I never allowed myself to think we might win and at half time I thought we'd go on to lose 4-0. Funnily, my mate agreed with me and we don't usually agree on much.

When we levelled at 2-2 there was a 10-15 minute spell when I thought we'd go on to win but I wasn't confident during extra time and penalties.

the_idiotb_stardson
26-05-2014, 04:07 PM
I thought it was all over. Not sure if this makes me a plastic though as I have been a season ticket holder for years.

I thought we looked tired and leggy in the first and half. Orient had been better tactically.

I also thought we would not come back after Frecks missed the penalty.

It really is great to know nowt.

WorcestershireMiller
26-05-2014, 04:12 PM
With the way the Lads have played this season how could anyone think we wouldnt fight back?

Yes we were up against it at 2-0 down but HT came to the recue and I knew the Lads would come out all guns blazing!

I said to Mrs BM that if we get an early goal then the O's would be under the cosh :)

This Team dont know when they are beaten, they just keep going and thats what I Love about how my Team play, win lose or draw they give it their all!

We never give up, We never give up, We're Rotherham United, We never give up!

We'll fight to the end, We'll fight to the end, We're Rotherham United, We'll fight to the end!

I never doubted our Lads Yesterday, I had an inner feeling that we would win, just like I did when we won the Auto windscreens ;)

Enjoy the summer Fellas, whens the fixtures due out? :D

UTM

Fixtures due out 18th June.

rolymiller
26-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Yep had a lot of negative thoughts at half time but consoled myself that we had pulled back losing positions many times this season. I thought if we could apply some pressure early on Orient could crack. Thought once we got one back we had a great chance of getting an equaliser. It did take it out of us and I thought generally orient looked the stronger and we were dropping deeper but our defenders stood up well bless em and we found the extra gear for the pens (We'd obviusly been well drilled for the pens with the confident way we took 4 of them and the 2 saves of course)