View Full Version : Given the opportunity, do you think you could work with SE

Zilzal
09-09-2014, 06:14 PM
and if so in what capacity

Casper64Frank
09-09-2014, 06:19 PM
and if so in what capacity

I could be his pukka pie taster.(balti pies included of course) :)

Casper64Frank
09-09-2014, 06:25 PM
On a serious note the guys passionate about his football makes mistakes like everyone but I would rather work with him than the guy in the suit that used to stand with his arms folded.He`s also a winner...so far so good.

jolly_roger
09-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Radio Sheffield Liaison Officer

Zilzal
09-09-2014, 06:36 PM
64, Why do you bring shame on the of Frank Casper with your pointless answer?

After being away from the board for 3 days I come back and what do I read? Bitterness, feuding, too much nonsense from ignorant people who speak of Islam despite knowing nothing about the subject PLUS general fatuousness from the majority.

Have you forgotten Frank that it was YOU who scored in the 95th minute at Hillsborough to give us a 1-0 win against First Division SW when we were a humble team from Division 2 and very much the poor relations? We put them out of the cup on their own turf thanks do you.

Now please do be sensible and answer my question in a serious manner.

No offence intended. Unless of course you claim I'm Kempo and thus not a person, an individual in my own right.

crashbang
09-09-2014, 06:37 PM
I'd help him with his book.

"How to make friends and influence people"

Zilzal
09-09-2014, 06:38 PM
My apologies Frank. My typing speed lags pitifully behind my thought processes.

Zilzal
09-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Intelligent and quick witted as you undoubtedly are Jolly, I think you are on to a loser here.

SE is like a fully wound up spring. He would bludgeon you with words delivered at high speed and if you had the temerity to question anything that SE says, he would release the spring and you would feel the full force of it.

Before every game we've played during his tenure SE has crept and crawled to the opposition, saying what a wonderful club they are and how much he deeply respects their history, chairman, current manager and their
playing staff.

If however, things don't go right for him during the game, he damns them all to high heaven. In other words the mask slips and we see the REAL Stevie Evans.

1960smiller
09-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Sorry Zilzal the answer is no.I could not be a yes man.

Brin
09-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Intelligent and quick witted as you undoubtedly are Jolly, I think you are on to a loser here.

SE is like a fully wound up spring. He would bludgeon you with words delivered at high speed and if you had the temerity to question anything that SE says, he would release the spring and you would feel the full force of it.

Before every game we've played during his tenure SE has crept and crawled to the opposition, saying what a wonderful club they are and how much he deeply respects their history, chairman, current manager and their
playing staff.

If however, things don't go right for him during the game, he damns them all to high heaven. In other words the mask slips and we see the REAL Stevie Evans.

and what's wrong with that? Some of those out there deserve real feedback and for once we've got a Manager who now (thankfully more calmly)..let's them have it when they've over stepped the mark...

Wouldn't pay for all people to roll ov

Zilzal
09-09-2014, 07:43 PM
1960s that is the best and most honest post I've read on here for more than a year. You have my genuine admiration.

The fact is that NOBODY, not even Mandy or David_R (both of whom I hold in high regard) could work for SE. Raynor is his head YES MAN and happy to keep on cashing the checks.

Stevie will not brook any criticism from anybody at all and would not listen to any well-meaning words of advice.

Things not to even think in his presence let alone actually SAY.

1.Becchio hasn't scored a goal since 1.1.2013. What do you suppose he's been doing since then?

2. Matt Derbyshire is 28 years old. He has started 78 games and come on as a sub 104 times. In all these years he's only managed 32 goals. This is a truly bizarre CV, so what makes you think he can suddenly start playing regularly and scoring in the Championship?

3. The 23 year old called Jason or is it Jordan...now I remember Jordan Bowery. Yes him. He scored the last of his 10 goals for Chesterfield 2 years ago. Then the ma

Brin
09-09-2014, 07:47 PM
What's with all this Steve Evans bashing?

Pop down to NYS and have a chat with face to face...

I'm sure he'll welcome you with open arms and put the kettle on for a nice cuppa...

I think really that some can't stand others being a success...never mined eh...;D

Casper64Frank
09-09-2014, 08:04 PM
64, Why do you bring shame on the of Frank Casper with your pointless answer?

After being away from the board for 3 days I come back and what do I read? Bitterness, feuding, too much nonsense from ignorant people who speak of Islam despite knowing nothing about the subject PLUS general fatuousness from the majority.

Have you forgotten Frank that it was YOU who scored in the 95th minute at Hillsborough to give us a 1-0 win against First Division SW when we were a humble team from Division 2 and very much the poor relations? We put them out of the cup on their own turf thanks do you.

Now please do be sensible and answer my question in a serious manner.

No offence intended. Unless of course you claim I'm Kempo and thus not a person, an individual in my own right.

Apologies Zil my first post was tongue in cheek and maybe some people dont get my dry sense of humour plus sometimes I admit I do lack tact.
I do remember Casper and t

Ellis_D
09-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Give it a rest Zilzal. All your negativity and Evans bashing is boring. He's one of the two best managers we've ever had. He is a winner.

You say no-one could work with him. Well, I could. As can his boss, Tony Stewart. As can all his staff and players.

gramiller1959
09-09-2014, 08:15 PM
i wouldnt imagine evans is as bad as his bark ...

could i work with him ?

yes but i wouldnt last long as i speak my mind and if that offends thats tough :) truth hurts sometimes

Zilzal
09-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Brin, crazy crazy site. I'm logged in here, I'm not logged in there. My guess is that I wasn't logged in as I wrote you a post praising your passion and commitment for our club wich is equal to mine.

Would I waste my time slagging Stevie off? What would it achieve. He's won me over during the last 2 years. Why? I admire his hard work, passion, desire to succeed.

What I don't admire is his (mainly) awful transfer dealings and his bending of the truth (lies?)

I desperately hope we stay up this season and I applaud the self destruction of both Brum and Blackpool which helps our cause enormously. But can I find a third team for the drop? It ain't easy.

Anyway Brin, the very best for the rest of the season. You're one of the good guys on here.

As for Ellis D? Can this guy really be 30 years old? To me he writes like a literate 16 year old...but one who is prone to run off at the mouth too often, far too often.

For the record Ellis; Tom Johnson, Ian Porterfield, Jimmy McGuigan and Ronn

Ellis_D
09-09-2014, 08:41 PM
You got me, I'm only 16 really. I think I've done well to keep up the pretence for so long though.

Zilzal
09-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Gram, I'm with you on that.

I think, think, think and when I'm ready I speak. In my role as an advisor/scout I would simply have to speak up and many times over to advise against signing many of the players we have done and the resultant pouring away of precious money.

If I suggested a signing that I deeply believed in and Stevie said "no"? I'd be duty bound to resign, irrespective of the financial/career consequences.

millavanilla
09-09-2014, 08:50 PM
[quote="Zilzal"]1960s that is the best and most honest post I've read on here for more than a year. You have my genuine admiration.

The fact is that NOBODY, not even Mandy or David_R (both of whom I hold in high regard) could work for SE. Raynor is his head YES MAN and happy to keep on cashing the checks.

Stevie will not brook any criticism from anybody at all and would not listen to any well-meaning words of advice.

Things not to even think in his presence let alone actually SAY.

1.Becchio hasn't scored a goal since 1.1.2013. What do you suppose he's been doing since then?

2. Matt Derbyshire is 28 years old. He has started 78 games and come on as a sub 104 times. In all these years he's only managed 32 goals. This is a truly bizarre CV, so what makes you think he can suddenly start playing regularly and scoring in the Championship?

3. The 23 year old called Jason or is it Jordan...now I remember Jordan Bowery. Yes him. He scored the last of his 10 goa

gramiller1959
09-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Gram, I'm with you on that.

I think, think, think and when I'm ready I speak. In my role as an advisor/scout I would simply have to speak up and many times over to advise against signing many of the players we have done and the resultant pouring away of precious money.

If I suggested a signing that I deeply believed in and Stevie said "no"? I'd be duty bound to resign, irrespective of the financial/career consequences.

i have always said i would never say anything on here that i would not say to someones face ... :)

now i am not sure how steve evans would take that ? he has had fall outs with several players and they have never played again .. but i agree with that! are the players the gaffer or is evans ? would ferguson let beckham rule ?

but there is telling him he is wrong and you think hes acting like a nob !!! that i think he would accept and give it you back ... but if you called him a fecking nob in front of all the p

Zilzal
09-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Millavanilla, your brain is clearly very very tired and in need of a rest.

Why don't you take a few years off. You know it makes sense. (Believing Kempo and myself are one and the same is deeply insulting and disrespectful. I hope you eventually realize that.)

rileyev
09-09-2014, 11:36 PM
Zilzal, you have made your feelings known about our chances of promotion for the previous 2 promotions, both times you were wrong.

You are now back for more in our quest for success in the Championship.

This time you may be right but 1 out of 3 will be a poor return for an intellectual like yourself.

That said because of your track record I feel more optimistic in regards to this season.

So thankyou kind Sir.

gm_gm
10-09-2014, 01:51 AM

Steve would say that Norwich kept him locke away in a cupboard.

millavanilla
10-09-2014, 05:40 AM
Millavanilla, your brain is clearly very very tired and in need of a rest.

Why don't you take a few years off. You know it makes sense. (Believing Kempo and myself are one and the same is deeply insulting and disrespectful. I hope you eventually realize that.)

Yes it was a bit tired yesterday, i must admit...few years off? na id be bored..done 43 out of 45 now..as for insulting, not meant..neither disrespectful...lighten up...we may do ok this season..if not, book another holiday in the maldives..that'll cheer you up...

DK_NY
10-09-2014, 08:47 AM
In answer to the Matt Derbyshire question, Zilzal, see Lee Glover.

Another ex Forest 'household' who couldn't score a goal to save his life. Danny Bergara publicly mocked him at the fans forum at the Trades club, just as you mock Derbyshire. Ronnie comes in, makes Glover captain and gets 20 goals out of him.

Miracles do happen, lets hope lightening strikes twice and Deryshire strikes twenty times...

Tuftydivot
10-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Beer taster! In Evans we trust! UTM

ExeterMiller
10-09-2014, 09:48 AM
I'd do whatever he bloody wants for 5 grand a week!

within reason of course :O

JohnLeedsMiller
10-09-2014, 12:02 PM
In answer to the Matt Derbyshire question, Zilzal, see Lee Glover.

Another ex Forest 'household' who couldn't score a goal to save his life. Danny Bergara publicly mocked him at the fans forum at the Trades club, just as you mock Derbyshire. Ronnie comes in, makes Glover captain and gets 20 goals out of him.

Miracles do happen, lets hope lightening strikes twice and Deryshire strikes twenty times...
I agree. In recent times have a think about Wes Thomas. He was s**t when he first came to us. He looked slow, his touch was awful and didn't seem to get into the game. By the end of his time with us he was a much stronger player.

DavidR__9
10-09-2014, 02:55 PM
FWIW, I think Evans' greatest strength could be his clear-sightedness about his own abilities. I don't think he's necessarily the world's greatest coach or tactician and I don't think he's perhaps got that much more to him than the Jekyll and Hyde bawl 'em out then put an arm round 'em technique of motivation.

But I think he knows that and adapts accordingly. He can't rely on being able to develop players, so he has to negotiate large budgets to bring in more "finished products" and to allow him to ship out those who don't work out. He knows that, eventually, players close their ears to the wall of noise, but he's sharp enough to spot who's not taking it anymore (Nardiello?) and get shut and relies on short term loans to inject impetus into the squad.

This season is his biggest test because he can't have a budget that's competitive against everyone else (there are too many clubs with bigger budgets around). It'll be harder to fund the turnover of players that we've seen in previous

nys
10-09-2014, 05:02 PM
For the record Ellis; Tom Johnson, Ian Porterfield, Jimmy McGuigan and Ronnie Moore (first time around) were far better managers than Stevie. I'm sure if Ronnie had had the backing of TS rather than the complete antithesis in Ken Booth he would have kept us up for many more years than 4.

Stevie with Ken Booth at the helm? He would've turned the job down and rightly so.

I think Ronnie would have gone one further and taken us to the premier league. IF memory serves, there was one season where we were flirtng with the play-offs around January time. We should have had money to spend after selling Alan Lee, amongst others. No-one would of beat that team of men in the Play-Offs. Talbot would have kicked anyone who tried.

Ellis_D
10-09-2014, 06:26 PM
For the record Ellis; Tom Johnson, Ian Porterfield, Jimmy McGuigan and Ronnie Moore (first time around) were far better managers than Stevie. I'm sure if Ronnie had had the backing of TS rather than the complete antithesis in Ken Booth he would have kept us up for many more years than 4.

Stevie with Ken Booth at the helm? He would've turned the job down and rightly so.

I think Ronnie would have gone one further and taken us to the premier league. IF memory serves, there was one season where we were flirtng with the play-offs around January time. We should have had money to spend after selling Alan Lee, amongst others. No-one would of beat that team of men in the Play-Offs. Talbot would have kicked anyone who tried.[/quote]

You actually mean Tom Johnston. And what are you basing that on? Because we finished 8th in the second tier under him? Did you actually see that team play?

And what ab

Zilzal
10-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Ellis minor, I've told you before. Do-not-get-lippy-with-me BOY.

Especially on the subject of the history of RUFC in which I happen to be an expert (of a kind).

If you don't know who Dick Habbin is, where he came from and when, and the circumstances and cost of his transfer to us and thence to Donny Rovers...then you know nothing.

Tom Johnston, you say? Am I not allowed the odd typo now and again?

I'm off to play football in 3 minutes but when I get back about 10.45, I'll give you the lesson of a lifetime.

Be warned BOY. My rod is still as firm as ever it was.

And you Shire! Stop smirking at the back. Yes and use a handkerchief in future, not a chammy.
Unpleasant scroats the pair of you.

frogmiller
10-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I couldn't work for him.

I couldn't work for anyone!

I like to blame me when I get things wrong and give praise to the people who aide me in getting things right.

I think that having to hold my tongue like Evans does in public is something that I couldn't do.

Zil. I don't think for one minute that Raynor is a Yes man. From what I know of them they are a team and Raynors football knowledge and judgement of systems is to what Evans as compaired to Raynors flair in front of camera.

Zilzal
10-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Ware wus yu, Ellis minor? Wee gott thinks too tark ab out?

P.S. And don't wish your life away trying to get to Ellis major before you're good and ready.

millavanilla
11-09-2014, 05:20 AM

Especially on the subject of the history of RUFC in which I happen to be an expert (of a kind).

If you don't know who Dick Habbin is, where he came from and when, and the circumstances and cost of his transfer to us and thence to Donny Rovers...then you know nothing.

I'm off to play football in 3 minutes but when I get back about 10.45, I'll give you the lesson of a lifetime.

And you Shire! Stop smirking at the back. Yes and use a handkerchief in future, not a chammy.

Oooh...now youve got me thinking zilzal...you say youre a bit of an expert on millers history...which in turn says your older than i thought...or could be..now that bloke with his pants on his head in the maldives didnt look that old...but the

Ellis_D
11-09-2014, 09:15 AM

Lol. Very good.

I was surprised to see you saying you were going to play 5 a side though. I had always imagined you to be a man in his 50's or 60's. No offence.