PDA

View Full Version : Warney Interview

PeteWaller
10-03-2017, 11:33 AM
http://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/7564/big-interview-rotherham-united-interim-manager-paul-warne/

sawmiller
10-03-2017, 11:48 AM
Top fella is Paul - being asked to do the impossible really - KJ knew it and walked. This man is RUFC through and through - sorry you've been put in this position Paul - hope you stay with us for many years to come in whatever capacity

leedsmiller
10-03-2017, 12:07 PM
The thing is can he really go back to what he once did. Physically, yes, but mentally he's not the same person he was. I feel for him because he clearly loves the club and enjoyed his fitness job. But he's been taken out of that comfort zone, he's been exposed to another life, to other pressures, to other burdens of responsibility, possibly to other feelings of exhilaration and accomplishment, despite the results. Sorry, Paul, but your previous life ended in November, you now have to carve out another, wherever that may be, whatever it may entail. Look forward, not back. Personally, if he does stay here, I'd rather see him as assistant manager because the club owes him that chance to progress his career and I think he'd be an excellent appointment. But...

Yak
10-03-2017, 12:58 PM
If only everyone was as honest as Warne.
He deserves better.

jolly_roger
10-03-2017, 01:08 PM
Yes indeed, but consider this, when you're sick and needing an operation you need a surgeon. A vet could do it at a push but you would want the surgeon.

We need a manager, not Warne the vet, much as he tries hard he isn't the answer and probably only there because he's the cheapest option.

dmentor
10-03-2017, 03:20 PM
Did Warney get a degree in psychology,because that is what i take from that report,i will say it again,hopefully for the last time,stay at RUFC,for the rest of your life Paul,you are loved by the fans,but please not as manager.

legs11
10-03-2017, 03:53 PM
Agree with most of previous posts here, good guy to have in club his hearts obviously with rufc.. on reflection though we need a new experienced manager before the end of this season.

frogmiller
10-03-2017, 04:20 PM
That was a good read wasn't it?

Grist_To_The_Mill
10-03-2017, 04:49 PM
Nothing wrong with having Warne as manager. Better the devil you know.

kentmillerman
10-03-2017, 05:14 PM
So whatt you saying Gristy. Dont hold back.

bogsdollox
10-03-2017, 05:43 PM
You must be so loyal you cant see anything wrong with having him as manager .......well having watched most of the matches he has "managed" its so obvious he is not the man ......his tactical knowledge is poor to say the least and whats all this loyalty thing about having ex players returning to the club....it worked once with Ronnie but ended in tears .

kentmillerman
10-03-2017, 05:50 PM
We are all loyal bogsdollox but most of us can see we need a manager, not PW.

Pocket rocket
10-03-2017, 06:51 PM
How's your health Kent?

Monkey46
10-03-2017, 07:13 PM
We all love Warney really hope he gets his old job back. His heart is with this club but not as manager, that's the way out of his beloved club. DWTM!!