PDA

View Full Version : ⚽️ VM Fantasy League 2022/2023 ⚽️

Pages : [1] 2

VillaRosie
04-08-2022, 07:41 PM
Hope our managers are fully rested and ready to face the gruelling season ahead.

Friday 5th August 8pm sees Crystal Palace v Arsenal kicking off Gameweek 1 of the 2022/2023 VM Fantasy League.

Remember team sheets in by 6.30pm.

When I last looked we had 17 confirmed teams.

Notably missing are Dazzy and David. So get it sorted guys or your will have to knock the door for Winnie to let you in. 😜

Also missing AV and Staffs and we haven’t heard a peep out of them for months which is quite disturbing for those of us who usually reside in the lower echelons of the league. 😱

Our teams hoping to throw down the gauntlet and stop Sam getting a hat trick of titles. 🏆

Our ever present teams.

Kirkley Krusaders- Jesh

Aston Lilla - HJ

Harribos Fangtastics - Harry

Injury Prone 2nd Xl - Yubby

Aston Liam - Liam

Mings & Ings & Tings - Sam

Ozstan Villa - Oz

Meet the new teams.

TD Lions - TD
Dave adding some bite to his team this season. Managers eagerly waiting to see if Dave has sorted the mystery of the Wildcard. 😜😝😛🤪

McGinn Fizz - Nuc
Great name for a cocktail. 🤪😜😛😝

Detectorists - Iwuz. 😝😜😛🤪
Hope the iPad picks up the spelling PDQ. 😛😝🤪😜

Cubist Masterpiece - Picasso back in the managerial hot seat of a previous club. 😝😛🤪😜

Yam Yam Villa - Has to be Gornal. 🤪👏😝😛

Goals Allowed - Gavin
So pleased Klopptoberfest has got the boot. 😜😝😛🤪 Great name by the way.

Moseley Villans - BB
Billesley Villans have been rebranded. 😜😝😛🤪

Umbongo - Bongo.
Is this a name of a drink Bongo? 🤪😛😝😜

Warrioresses Win - Winnie.
Winnie!!!! Another one the iPad needs to pick up PDQ. 😜😝😛🤪

Brum Tings - Rosie.
I keep humming that song. 🤪😛😝😜

I notice Liverpool Jota, Laporte and Bissouma are crocked already. 😱

MissWinnie
05-08-2022, 01:10 AM
Ha ha I'm hoping to scare Bongo and Sam by emulating Sabrina Wiegman this season. Decided that the addition of "esses" to my team will add some much needed backbone to my Warriors! I'm even thinking of ordering them to wear Nike sports bras for a bit of added oomph. :D

And Rosie, it's about time a woman won this league. You or me this season! Hopefully England's Lionesses will be our lucky mascot! :)

MissWinnie
05-08-2022, 01:11 AM
Oh. And good luck everyone! Looking forward to seeing all your teams soon! :) Mine's still work in progress! :s

TrianonDave
05-08-2022, 06:36 AM
Thanks MissWinnie, I kinda like the Umbongo Name, I'm singing it which, is not good for my Lions....🤔

samhubball
05-08-2022, 07:42 AM
Umbongo Umbongo, they're gonna be the drongos!

Good luck to everyone - unfortunately Winnie, I have been wearing a Nike sports bra for the last 2 seasons so your plan might not work 😂

bongosdad
05-08-2022, 11:18 AM
You have a gender neutral name Sam.

bongosdad
05-08-2022, 01:13 PM
iczv1i is the code for the villa mad league

MissWinnie
05-08-2022, 03:50 PM
Good luck to everyone - unfortunately Winnie, I have been wearing a Nike sports bra for the last 2 seasons so your plan might not work ��

XD

MissWinnie
05-08-2022, 03:51 PM
iczv1i is the code for the villa mad league

Cheers Bongo!

I still can't see Dazzy! He knows he can always charm me into letting him late though :)

VillaRosie
08-08-2022, 12:03 PM
Welcome to our first VM Fantasy League update of the 2022/2023 season.

It was very close but David and Lord of the Mings managed to squeeze through the door before it closed 👏👏👏 but alas no Dazzy. 😩😩😩

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁 👁

It might be a new season with bright new Fantasy League shiney graphics but our managers are creatures of habit when picking their captains.

Six captains given the armband but with 11 votes Salah was easily top managers pick.

1. Salah 24 points - Winnie, Bongo, HJ, Rosie, Picasso, Gavin, Sam, Harry, Nuc, David and Iwuz.

2. Darwin 18 points - Gornal, BB, Liam.

3. DeBruyne 12 points - TD.

4. Kane/Son 10 points - Oz and Yubby.

6. Diaz 4 points - Jesh.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

First winner of the season is our VMFL legend BB💥and the Moseley Villans💥 who where in rampant form amassing a colossal 93💥points. 👏👏👏👏👏

Runner up Gavin and Goals Allowed.

TOP 6 💥

1. Moseley Villans.

2. Goals Allowed.

3. Detectorists.

4. Warrioresses Win, Harribos Fangtastics, Aston Lilla.

BB 👑 proudly sitting top of the league.

Our Scouser Gavin 2nd.

Iwuz 3rd.

Winnie, Harry and HJ joint 4th.

My worst nightmare Winnie and Iwuz team names and the iPad hasn’t predicted what I’m trying to spell. 😜😝😝🤪

Where’s Bongo? A transfer frenzy could ensue with players literally flying in and out of Bongo’s revolving office door. 😝

Sam unusually not present either although I am sure this will be corrected swiftly for Gameweek 2. 😝

RELEGATION 😱

Although nothing to worry about at this very early stage.

16. Injury Prone 2nd Xl.

17. Kirkley Krusaders.

18 Ozstan Villa.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK. 💩

Our first Drongo of the new season is Oz and Ozstan Villa with 33 uninspiring points, 😛😩

No tokens played.

Gameweek 2 - Saturday 13th August. Team sheets in by 11am.

samhubball
08-08-2022, 03:37 PM
Thanks Rosie - I found it boring sitting top of the league for so long last season. Its lonely up there 😂

I think someone used their bench boost chip this week

birminghamborn
08-08-2022, 04:46 PM
I think I might be doing a Carlisle, for those of you too young to remember, top of the old 1st Division after 3 games…………… and relegated🤪

MissWinnie
08-08-2022, 05:01 PM
I've missed your reports, Rosie! Thank you! :star:

Well done BB!!! The big beast of Villa Mad is back! :D I hadn't spotted you'd used your bench boost either, (unlike swotty Sam :P) and had been thinking I bet he'd wished he'd used it! Sooo jealous of that - mine's just all bargain basement. Really good selection and budgeting there!

Happy with the Warrioresses' start to the season but aware can drop like a stone at this stage! Spent most of the Spurs and Man City matches hiding behind the specially installed sofa in the dugout, with not having Son, Kane or Haaland! Nails chewed to the wick!

Dazzy, if you are reading, I'll leave the door open for now if you still want to play! :)

MissWinnie
08-08-2022, 05:03 PM
Oh. And Oz. I confess. I might have giggled. :P :D :heart:

TrianonDave
08-08-2022, 05:28 PM
Well, off to a better start than last season! Level with Umbongo...

VillaRosie
08-08-2022, 05:34 PM
Thanks guys for the comments. ❤️

Oops, thanks Sam at least I now know where to look now for tokens played. 😩😳

I’ve took a screen shot for posterity showing the Tings above Sam and Bongo as the glorious start won’t last. 😎

bongosdad
08-08-2022, 06:05 PM
Well done BB. 👏

Ive realise that the only competion i have is myself

1) doing transfers after a drink
2) doing to many transfers
3) being mr knee jerk
4) picking villa players

Eg ive already activated my wild card.

Anyway i dont take it seriously unlike sam

bongosdad
08-08-2022, 06:08 PM
Oh and thanks Rosie. Your report is a highlight of the week for me Unless im a drongo like Oz 🤣😆🤪🥳

samhubball
09-08-2022, 02:48 PM
Well done BB. 👏

Anyway i dont take it seriously unlike sam

Must be why you've never won the league 🤔

bongosdad
09-08-2022, 11:15 PM
I would be the current champion if i had captained kane against Villa.

samhubball
10-08-2022, 12:18 PM
I would be the current champion if i had captained kane against Villa.

I would be world number one if I'd have done what the world number one did last season.

Villa_Jesh
10-08-2022, 01:20 PM
I think I’ll be avoiding Dad this week, his smugness will be unbearable 😂

MissWinnie
12-08-2022, 10:17 PM
Ha ha Jesh! XD

I can imagine it gets very competitive at BB Towers. :) I hope it wasn't too difficult a week for you! :D

VillaRosie
16-08-2022, 03:47 PM
Only 5 managers considered for the armband this week.

Our managers top pick the Nordic Viking Haarland with 11 votes most wisely giving trusty Mo the elbow. 😛

1. DeBruyne 28 points - Yubby 👏👏👏👏👏

2. Cancelo 22 points - Oz 👏👏👏

3. Haarland 10 points - Gavin, Iwuz, Winnie, HJ, Liam, Gornal, Sam, Bongo, David, Jesh and 15 points for TD who fearlessly played his Triple Captain token.

4. Salah 4 points - Harry, Nuc, Rosie and Picasso.

5. Darwin I -4 points - BB 😱😱😱😱😱

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

What change in fortune for Oz 💥 and Ozstan Villa as they mount the podium in gold medal position with a glorious 81💥 points showing last weeks disaster was a on off blip.👏👏👏👏👏

Runner up Yubby and Injury Prone 2nd Xl with 77 points. 👏👏👏

TOP 6💥

👍1. Harribos Fangtastics.

👉2. Goals Aloud.

👍3. Aston Lilla.

👍4. Mings & Ings & Tings.

👎5. Moseley Villans.

👎6. Detectorists.

The Hubball boys are back. 😝

Harry flies into top spot booting 🥾 our legend BB unceremoniously down to 5th.😝

Gavin holding firm in 2nd after looking favourite to take over at the top.🤪

HJ has the Lilla in peak condition as they climb to 3rd.😛

Sam is back and up to 4th.😝

A disconsolate and irritated BB consoling himself with sticking pins in a Darwin effigy.😩

Iwuz on the slide but manages to hang on to his top 6 status.😛

I had mislaid Winnie but found her sharing 10th place with Bongo and Oz. 🤪😜😛😝😩

What you doing down there Winnie? Your a couple of places below me I can’t remember when that last happened.
Sure its just a blip.

RELEGATION 💩

👍16. Kirkley Krusaders.

👎17. TD Lions.

👎18. Cubist Masterpiece.

Jesh rallying his Krusaders to escape the bottom 3.

TD’s Lions appear toothless and require more red meat. 🥩

Picasso having an Man United start to the season.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩

Indeed a change of fortune after last weeks Manager of the Week award this week with just 33 points BB and the Moseley Villans add the Drongo to their collection.

I am sure Jess is showing his Dad great empathy. 😜😛😝🤪

TOKENS

WILDCARD - Bongo

TRIPLE CAPTAIN - TD

Gameweek 3

Saturday 20th August

Team Sheets in by 11am.

MissWinnie
16-08-2022, 04:12 PM
Thanks for another fab report, Rosie, even if it a bit painful to read this week! XD :star:

Well, no Bongo style excuses. I messed up good and proper, with Karma helping me with each and every rotten decision after I giggled at Oz's Drongo award last week! Serves me right. I usually have one week every season where I well and truly lose the plot, so, I'm getting it out of the way early this season! XD I decided I couldn't brave out no Haaland every week and needed some surgery to get to him, so used my wild card despite being really happy with everyone's performance and my score last week. Then I thought I'd do some Bongo style tinkering too. Now I've got lots more surgery to do after Darwin was red carded! I really deserve a double Drongo. BB was being a gentleman taking the award for me.

Well done Ozfan! Oh and Yubby :star: So glad I am on the other side of the world to both of them this week! Giggles.

picasso
16-08-2022, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the write up Rosie. The only way is up!

bongosdad
16-08-2022, 05:33 PM
Well done Oz. Credit where its due 🙌 👏

Very boring and mediocre start for me. However this is a marathon not a sprint.

Dont worry Winnie. Like Donald Trump says the best is yet to come.

Unlucky BB and thankyou Rosie for another top report.

TrianonDave
16-08-2022, 07:36 PM
Early days, there's not much in it at this stage, despite the position, I'm still confident.

ozfan
17-08-2022, 06:01 AM
He who larfs loudest is worth two in the bush wishing upon a star. As incomprehensible as this is, it’s still nothing compared to Winnie’s decision to destroy a well balanced side with a wild card. Well done Winnie poo! :D

samhubball
17-08-2022, 12:30 PM
Great report as always Rosie ❤️👌

I've played my wildcard now and can confirm I am Salah-less and have got rid of the liVARpool double defence too. Despite the fact they are playing the worst man united team I can remember - just have no confidence in those 3 as hugely expensive players.

This is where the season begins!

birminghamborn
17-08-2022, 07:11 PM
Great report Rosie, must be a first a Captain scoring - 4☹️

dazzyowen
17-08-2022, 11:18 PM
Hi guys. I’ve had a mare this season n have had to get my tech savvy 14ur old to sort it out for me and I’ve finally got a team but need a code to enter for tomorrow if you’ll still have me 🙄🤣

dazzyowen
17-08-2022, 11:20 PM
Just read all posts n bongo put a code on so think I’ve entered ? 😊 wow imagine the noise if I win now 🤣🤷*♂️

dazzyowen
17-08-2022, 11:21 PM
Surely it’s not gonna let me lose another weeks points ? 🤦*♂️

VillaRosie
17-08-2022, 11:48 PM
Welcome back Dazzy we have been wondering where you had got to. 🤪😝😛😜

I know Winnie didn’t lock the league initially but suspect she has now.

We just need her to unlock it and then you should hopefully, fingers crossed, gain entry automatically without a code.

MissWinnie
18-08-2022, 12:45 AM
Dazzy, go look at the FAO Winnie thread. :) xx

MissWinnie
21-08-2022, 07:19 PM
He who larfs loudest is worth two in the bush wishing upon a star. As incomprehensible as this is, it’s still nothing compared to Winnie’s decision to destroy a well balanced side with a wild card. Well done Winnie poo! :D

Ha ha fank you! My karmic penance was well and truly paid after I then took a 16 point hit and almost put my team back to what it was! As I write, it's only Dazzy's late arrival that is saving my blushes at being bottom of the League! I am being vewy good today in the hope I'll be rewarded with a Salah hat trick! :D xx

MissWinnie
21-08-2022, 07:23 PM
Hi gang.

Missing Dazzy is now officially back in the VMFL Tribe so I hereby declare that VMFL is formally closed to new entrants for the 22-23 season!

The game properly begins now! Good luck everyone! :D xx

VillaRosie
23-08-2022, 12:58 PM
Dazzy having to jump through hoops but eventually with Winnie’s guidance has made his was back to the VMFL.

Week 3 sees 7 captains given the armband. Not only was Jesus top managers pick with 7 votes on VMFL, apparently he was the most captained player ever in Fantasy League history. So basically with that build up us Jesus managers knew we
hadn’t got a prayer 🙏🏼 of reaping any rewards.

Saying that Salah managers must have been having palpitations until that late goal. 😝🤪😛

1. Salah 16 points - HJ, Nuc, Winnie.

2. Mitrovic/ Haarland/ Kane 12 points - BB, Iwuz, Liam, David, Jesh, TD and Picasso.

5. DeBruyne 10 points - Harry.

6. Jesus 8 points - Gavin, Sam, Rosie, Bongo, Gornal, Dazzy and Oz.

7. Son 6 points - Yubby.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK AWARD 🏆

💥Nuc and McGinn Fizz scoop the award this week with 💥65 bubbling points.

Runner up Liam and Aston Liam with 59 points.

Well played guys. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6💥

👍1. McGinn Fizz.

👉2. Goals Allowed.

👎3. Harribos Fangtastics and Aston Lilla joint 3rd.

👎5. Mings & Ings & Tings.

👎6. Moseley Villans.

Those 65 points sees Nuc elevated to head honcho. 😎

No matter what the carnage around him no one can dislodge Gavin from 2nd place. 😜

Alas the only way is down for our remaining top 6 teams. 👎

Harry and HJ down to joint 3rd. 😳

Sam down to 5th. 😩

BB down to 6th. 💩

RELEGATION 💩

👍17. Cubist Masterpiece.

👎18. Ozstan Villa.

19. Barmy Army.

Picasso channeling his inner Eric ten Hag up to 17th. 😜

Oz slides back unceremoniously to 18th. 😩

Dazzy missing 2 Gameweeks at a huge disadvantage is rock bottom.😱

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩

Oz and Ozstan Villa scoop the award yet again with 24 points. 😱

TOKENS

Sam - Wildcard

Gameweek 4

Saturday 27th August

Team sheets in by 11am.

Gameweek 5

Tuesday 30th August.

Team sheets in by 6pm.

birminghamborn
23-08-2022, 04:48 PM
Thanks Rosie👏

picasso
24-08-2022, 07:45 AM
Great report again Rosie. Many thanks.

Going forward, do you think we might extra points for a Dougie corner goal?

bongosdad
24-08-2022, 11:22 AM
What a crazy start to the season from oz. Ive yet to have a good week and stuck in 3rd gear.

Well done Nuclear 👏

Thankyou Rosie another top report 👍

MissWinnie
26-08-2022, 06:48 PM
Another fun read, Rosie. Thank you so much! :star:

Dropped like a stone after my Bongoesque 16 point hit! XD

I read the news of Ozfan's 2nd Drongo award so very early on in the season with compassion and empathy. Not even the tinsiest of smirks emerged from my lips, in the hope that karma duly rewards me for my goodness. O:). If not, it's back to giggling at his humiliation. :D

Congrats Nuc and Liam!

bongosdad
26-08-2022, 07:20 PM
Ive just done a 16 point hit Winnie ☹🤒🤯🙄

ozfan
29-08-2022, 11:04 AM
2 Drongos in one season is unprecedented and a sad reminder of how this once champion side has slipped between pages of mediocre writing.

Alas Winnie’s slaps of mirth while I lay face down in a muddy puddle blowing sad bubbles through my nose are richly deserved.

VillaRosie
29-08-2022, 01:29 PM
2 Drongos in one season is unprecedented and a sad reminder of how this once champion side has slipped between pages of mediocre writing.

Alas Winnie’s slaps of mirth while I lay face down in a muddy puddle blowing sad bubbles through my nose are richly deserved.

You made me laugh Oz 😝🤪😛😜 so unlike you to feel melancholy and wallowing in self pity. 🎻🎻🎻

Oz if you can just manage to lift your head out of your muddy puddle …….Ozstan Villa have ascended to 15th. 😎

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Seven captains on view with Salah top managers pick with 7 votes.

1. Haarland 34 points - Only Iwuz💥 and TD💥 had the sense to give him the armband.

2. Mitrovic 14 points - BB.

3. Salah/Son 6 points - Nuc, HJ, Rosie, Bongo, David, Winnie, Picasso and Jesh.

5. DeBruyne and Rodrigo 4 points - Harry and Yubby.

7. Jesus 2 points - Gavin, Sam, Gornal, Oz and Dazzy a hugely disappointing 3 points playing his TC Token

Is it still considered treachery for managers to choose Arsenal and Man City captains in the up coming games against Villa?

Jesh💥and Kirkley Krusaders 💥claim their first award of season with 83💥 glorious points. 👏👏👏👏👏

Runner Up HJ and Aston Lilla with 80 points. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6

👍1. Aston Lilla.

👍2. Brum Tings.

👍3. Mings & Ings & Tings.

👎4. McGinn Fizz.

Joint 5th. 👍 Kirkley Krusaders and 👎 Goals Allowed

HJ’s turn at the helm. I don’t think anybody has managed 2 weeks in top spot.

Rosie having her 15 minutes of fame up to 2nd place after managing to release Gavin’s vice like grip on it. 🤪

A menacing Sam up to 3rd. 😎

Flat week for Nuc’s Fizz down to 4th. 😩

Good News for Jesh up to 5th. 🤪

Bad News Gavin down to 5th. 😱

RELEGATION 💩

👎17. Umbongo. 😩

👎18. Warrioresses Win 😩

👉19. Barmy Army. 😩

Picasso escapes the clutches of relegation by virtue of transfers made. 😛😜🤪

Bongo and Winnie had a transfer frenzy so will be interesting what our dynamic duo’s tactics will be for week 4. 😜

Dazzy beginning the big fight back after missing 2 Gameweeks. 👏

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 😱

It’s Yubby and Injury Prone 2nd Xl who take the award this week with 41 points.

TOKENS

TRIPLE CAPTAIN - Dazzy

WILDCARD - Harry and Oz.

GAMEWEEK 5

Tuesday 30th August

Team Sheets in by 6pm.

GAMEWEEK 6

Saturday 3rd September

Team Sheets in by 11am.

MissWinnie
29-08-2022, 03:41 PM

XD :heart:

MissWinnie
29-08-2022, 03:58 PM
Top report, Rosie! It made me laugh - thank you! :star:

Well done Jesh and Honest John! :star: Jesh, your turn to gloat this time! :D And it's nice to see our former double champ back at the top! Good to see Rosie socking it to the boys at the top too! Go Rosie!

Gosh, who'd have thought that in a 9 goal Liverpool fest, Salah wouldn't have returned anything!

I appear to have been suffering from a bad bout of Bongo variant transferitis. Wondering if there's a jab? Anyway, I seem to be over it now, so back to trying to climb the ladder. Thank you to Dazzy for joining late and saving me from total humiliation this week. He's doing well though, so won't be able to rely on him for long!

Yes, Rosie, captaining v Arsenal and Man City is still considered treachery! In fact, this season, in a total abuse of administrator power, I'm considering issuing red cards and a short stretch in the Tower of VM for any Villa fan (and Gavin) found guilty in the court of Winnie, of handing the arm band to team members playing v Villa. :O

Good luck next week everyone! xx

TrianonDave
29-08-2022, 04:04 PM
Feeling a lot more at ease with the league this season if, you don't mind me saying, my Capt did me proud and cannot believe Salah came out sucking his thumb in his teams 9 goal demolishing of Bournemouth! Enjoying the report Rosie. What's up with umbongo, think he has a touch of the Gerrards!

dazzyowen
30-08-2022, 07:43 AM
Thanks Rosie and great report as usual.. oh why didn’t I make Haaland my triple captain 🤷*♂️

bongosdad
30-08-2022, 01:27 PM
Because your crap Dazzy 😂 even though i didn't either 🤔

Well done Jesh!

Another 8 point hit for me but my team is incredible now.

bongosdad
30-08-2022, 01:27 PM
Sorry and cheers rosie. Fabulous 👌

bongosdad
30-08-2022, 11:10 PM
Oh and yes i agree with winnie. I would have been the current champion if it wasn't for treasonous people.

Villa_Jesh
31-08-2022, 10:00 AM
Thanks Rosie! Happy with that 😁 I’ll be sure to rub Dad’s nose in it, as this may be the only chance I get this season. Should’ve had Haaland as captain though 🙄

samhubball
31-08-2022, 11:13 PM
Sorry. It if stevie G is still our manager at the weekend, anyone not captaining Haaland in this competition is far too well disciplined. I want to finish as high up in the overall leagues this season and can tell you now, if I don't triple captain that big, scary, deadly viking against our little defence then I'll have been honourable.

MissWinnie
31-08-2022, 11:37 PM
This is a Villa Mad League. I'm staying honourable. No discipline required.

MissWinnie
31-08-2022, 11:42 PM
Thanks Rosie! Happy with that �� I’ll be sure to rub Dad’s nose in it, as this may be the only chance I get this season. Should’ve had Haaland as captain though ��

Ha ha I'm sure you will! Well done again Jesh. :)

bongosdad
01-09-2022, 07:40 AM
This is a Villa Mad League. I'm staying honourable. No discipline required.
Spot on.

samhubball
01-09-2022, 12:07 PM
This league isn't separate from the other ones. And unfortunately some of the other leagues are (whisper it quietly) cash leagues. I'm not missing out on up to £10 prize because of not capping Haaland against the worst defensive unit we've ever seen.

MissWinnie
01-09-2022, 03:07 PM
This league isn't separate from the other ones. And unfortunately some of the other leagues are (whisper it quietly) cash leagues. I'm not missing out on up to £10 prize because of not capping Haaland against the worst defensive unit we've ever seen.

I only started playing fantasy football because of our Villa Mad League, which I believe is special, because it's a little group of Villa fans (plus honorary Villa Madder Gavin as your friend) who have become friends to me over the years. I love all your personalities and quirks. :) :heart: It's why I would spend hours, sitting up until 2 am, writing the updates every week, until it literally got too much, when the League numbers grew to more than time than I was able to spend writing about them all, in the way I would wish :heart:. Now I love reading Rosie's updates that she dedicates so much time to each and every week. It's what makes us different to all the other Leagues. There was no way I'd have spent all that time writing about any other League, cash or not. I might have a cursory look to see where I am in the world, but I don't really care. It's you all that are important to me.

It just makes me feel sad to see Villa fans captaining opposing players in this special League of dedicated and passionate Villa fans. Especially when I know so many won't ever do so, due to loyalty to Villa and will therefore lose quite badly out in some of the games. It can get quite demoralising sometimes. I think if I had bigger fish to fry. and were that bothered about the main League and cash Leagues, I'd just create a 2nd team for them, (though I know that's not really allowed). All the best Sam. I hope you win your £10 without a Haaland hat trick.

birminghamborn
01-09-2022, 03:20 PM
Having an opposing player as Captain is just not cricket👎

bongosdad
01-09-2022, 03:53 PM
I only started playing fantasy football because of our Villa Mad League, which I believe is special, because it's a little group of Villa fans (plus honorary Villa Madder Gavin as your friend) who have become friends to me over the years. I love all your personalities and quirks. :) :heart: It's why I would spend hours, sitting up until 2 am, writing the updates every week, until it literally got too much, when the League numbers grew to more than time than I was able to spend writing about them all, in the way I would wish :heart:. Now I love reading Rosie's updates that she dedicates so much time to each and every week. It's what makes us different to all the other Leagues. There was no way I'd have spent all that time writing about any other League, cash or not. I might have a cursory look to see where I am in the world, but I don't really care. It's you all that are important to me.

It just makes me feel sad to see Villa fans captaining opposing players in this special League of dedicated and passionate Villa fans. Especially when I know so many won't ever do so, due to loyalty to Villa and will therefore lose quite badly out in some of the games. It can get quite demoralising sometimes. I think if I had bigger fish to fry. and were that bothered about the main League and cash Leagues, I'd just create a 2nd team for them, (though I know that's not really allowed). All the best Sam. I hope you win your £10 without a Haaland hat trick.

Great post Winnie.

bongosdad
01-09-2022, 03:53 PM
Having an opposing player as Captain is just not cricket👎

Exactly

samhubball
01-09-2022, 10:56 PM

I feel like I've been scolded and told off by my big sister here :(

I understand the closeness of this forum, I've been a part of it for over a decade and I've seen names come and go from it too.

The whole fantasy football thing I do take seriously because it (bizarrely) has helped me thru hard and trying times over the years. I do spend a lot of time looking at stats, and listening to experts on what could be beneficial. I always make up my own mind and I don't do duplicate teams. I'm not going to fall out with anybody on this forum about this, quite clearly we would all captain Haaland this game week. But I will stick to the good nature of the league and maybe think about what I do next season.

I was being flippant about the ten pounds! However if anyone, other than Gav now captains Haaland this week I will be seriously miffed and feel like I've been played!

Sorry Winnie.

MissWinnie
01-09-2022, 11:40 PM
I'll have to start calling you Yubby, Sam - I'm missing our brotherly/sisterly spats :)

Sam, I didn't mean it to sound like a telling off .... I was just explaining how I feel about the League and why I feel strongly about the captain thing here. I acknowledge it's my feelings, my experience, though, and of course everyone is entitled to do as they feel. It's VM - we're all opinionated - it's part of the fun :)

I only put the idea of a possible 2nd team out there as I don't want to thwart your ambitions in the bigger league or any cash leagues you might be in. Just a half way house kind of idea, so we can retain the fun here, but you still get to play as you wish. I'm sorry if it came across as insulting ... I may not have quite your ambition, but I totally get that Fantasy League is a good distraction from some of life's challenges, and would never want to diminish the experience for you...

MissWinnie
02-09-2022, 12:02 AM
PS. Sam. Obviously you are free to do what ever you please, but full respect to you for offering to put the fun of our League first. :heart: :star: A proper Villa Madder :) xx

MissWinnie
02-09-2022, 12:28 AM
PPS. Sam. I'd be the proudest, opinionated, annoying big sister ever if you won the overall comp btw :) xx

bongosdad
02-09-2022, 07:30 AM
Winnie hes only saying it because Haarland might be on the bench.

samhubball
02-09-2022, 08:52 AM
Winnie hes only saying it because Haarland might be on the bench.

It really is like a family on here!
Bongo is like the irritating younger brother.

MissWinnie
02-09-2022, 09:43 AM
XD Yep! :heart:

picasso
02-09-2022, 04:06 PM
This issue came to head towards the end of last season and I think there was one particular week when there were very limited options. Those who didn’t captain a player playing against us (I think it was Spurs) ultimately paid a price so I can see the dilemma especially if we are playing in other competitive leagues. People shouldn’t feel bullied into doing something they don’t want to do. Personally I couldn’t do it.

That said, this week there are indeed quite a few options, Liverpool v Everton, Spurs v Fulham, Chelsea v West Ham. I know Haaland is a beast on fire but there is potentially even better captains in all those games. Have faith in Tyrone. He’ll have him in his pocket…..yeah right.

VillaRosie
02-09-2022, 04:49 PM
Quite a bit of catch up reading for me.

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Only 5 captains nominated with our favourite Norwegian overwhelmingly voted managers top pick with 12 votes.

1. Haarland 34 points 💥 - HJ, Rosie, Nuc, Jesh, Harry, Iwuz, Liam, TD, Yubby, David, Picasso and Dazzy.

2. Salah 20 points - Bongo and Winnie.

3. Mitrovic - BB.

4. Gulp 😱 Jesus 12 points - Gavin and Gornal.

5. DeBruyne 2 points - Sam and Oz.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Iwuz and the Detectorists finish top of the podium with 95💥 ecstatic 🤩 points.

Runner up. HJ and Aston Lilla 87 points.

Great scores. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6💥

👉1. Aston Lilla.

👍2. Detectorists.

👍3. Nuc.

👎4. Brum Tings.

👍5. Moseley Villans.

👎6. Goals Aloud.

HJ the first of our managers to retain top spot with a 22 point lead over Iwuz. 🤴

With the 95 impressive point haul Iwuz sees off Rosie and glides effortlessly into 2 place. 🤪

Explosive Nuc blasts his way up into 3rd.🤩

Rosie heading south down to 4th but manages another week dining at the top table. 😩

Our legend BB back with the elite in 5th place. 😎

Gavin’s prayers 🙏🏼 go unanswered down to 6th.😝

RELEGATION 💩

👍17. Warrioresses Win.

👎18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Winnie rallying her troops up to 17th.

Our former champ Oz experiencing a severe SG like dip in form down to 18th.

Dazzy homing in on a wounded Oz still last but the gap is closing fast.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK. 💩🤬

Oz and Ozstan Villa with 40 points find themselves sucked into the bog of despair as again they receive the coveted award for the 3rd time in 5 weeks. 😩😱😳🫢
However as we know our wiley VMFL veteran has the nouse to turn the season around.

Gameweek 6

Saturday 3rd September - Team sheets in by 11am.

Gameweek 7

Saturday 10th September - Team sheets in by 11am.

MissWinnie
02-09-2022, 04:51 PM
Picasso, totally agree no-one should feel bullied into doing something they don't want to do. It's got to be for the right motivation and I recognise if you have bigger/other ambitions then it's a tricky one. As you say, that Spurs match was hard on us non captainers and frustrating to think the only way we would have a chance at whatever place we were battling for as individuals was by doing something that felt so wrong, especially in this League. Took the fun out of the competition.

That said, I actually had no intention of bringing it up again this season. Had just decided to do my thing and then avoid looking at certain teams, and Rosie's captain part of the update on "those" weeks ... Rosie just happened to ask so I answered! Oz does always say just because you ask a question it doesn't mean a person has to answer though, so my fault entirely! XD My feelings on the subject haven't changed, but I'm not the Godmother of the League so Sam's and any dissenters fingers are safe ...

For now ... >:) ;D

MissWinnie
02-09-2022, 04:59 PM
Rosie, you posted while I was busy chatting away to Picasso! I deliberately avoided your Captain watch :D but top report as always!

Congrats to Iwuz and HJ! Two former champs! I also pointed out to Oz when I spoke to him earlier that 3 out of the 4 at the bottom are also former champs! (Sadly not me though :blue:). My placing is entirely my own fault. I need to cut my own fingers off to stop my silly meddling of teams that were perfectly fine. On the plus side, I weirdly enjoy the challenge of starting the season at the bottom so I can (hopefully!) work my way up bit by bit. Though judging by my Warrioresses' performances so far, I'll be in Dazzy's spot come Monday!

Rosie, should we get Oz's Drongo hat specially fitted for him as he seems to be wearing it so often at the moment? He does look cute in it though. O:) Runs off giggling xx

birminghamborn
02-09-2022, 05:45 PM
Love these reports Rosie, pure class👏

MissWinnie
02-09-2022, 07:45 PM
They certainly are, BB. :)

Just an afterthought - ouch!

It just occurred to me this might look like it's all about Sam. It's really not - Sam just happened to state his opinion on this thread and I disagreed. Or I stated mine, and Sam disagreed - I can't remember. :) Anyway! As I said at the end of last term, any no opponent captaining policy will only be fair we all do it - including Gavin. Why I suggested a gentle persons' agreement with a VMFL fully democratic vote on it. From memory, only Bongo responded with an explicit yes, and one or two others voted with their feet by captaining opponents the following week, so I conceded it wasn't what was wanted. Hence me not intending to say any more this season. Anyway, I've said my piece. I will never captain against Villa but I'm tired now. Up to you good folks here now ... xx

bongosdad
02-09-2022, 09:31 PM
This issue came to head towards the end of last season and I think there was one particular week when there were very limited options. Those who didn’t captain a player playing against us (I think it was Spurs) ultimately paid a price so I can see the dilemma especially if we are playing in other competitive leagues. People shouldn’t feel bullied into doing something they don’t want to do. Personally I couldn’t do it.

That said, this week there are indeed quite a few options, Liverpool v Everton, Spurs v Fulham, Chelsea v West Ham. I know Haaland is a beast on fire but there is potentially even better captains in all those games. Have faith in Tyrone. He’ll have him in his pocket…..yeah right.

That match and my loyalty lost me the title. The logical choice was Kane captain and it cost me 10 points. I think i lost by 6

Anyway well done Iwuz and thanks for the update Rosie 👍 top report as always

samhubball
03-09-2022, 12:27 PM
What's the plural for Judas?

birminghamborn
03-09-2022, 02:55 PM
Not sure, but he hung himself for 30 pieces of silver😢

MissWinnie
03-09-2022, 06:30 PM
Well done Sam. :star:

Me thinks a Villa point v Man City is worth more than a few Haaland points for us. :) Bet you're glad you didn't waste your triple captain now. :D Your karmic reward. :)

bongosdad
03-09-2022, 06:58 PM
Now you know how it feels

dazzyowen
03-09-2022, 09:06 PM
Well changed my captain to sterling and even though he didn’t score I’m happy that the city goal monster only managed 1 n was lucky to get that as well 🙄🤣

dazzyowen
03-09-2022, 09:06 PM
Oh n bongo I’m Coming for you

MissWinnie
03-09-2022, 09:16 PM
Well changed my captain to sterling and even though he didn’t score I’m happy that the city goal monster only managed 1 n was lucky to get that as well ����

Well done, my lion hearted friend! :heart: :star:

Yes, very happy and relieved about that!

Looks like I shouldn't have giggled about Oz getting his third drongo. I think it's going to be me this week! XD

I'm just so happy we did fought like lions v City that I don't care right now. :)

VillaRosie
05-09-2022, 03:53 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Bit of a contentious week Captain wise. 🤪😛😜😝 I kinda feel I should apologise after the quip I made in Week 4. 🫢

However, maintaining strict impartiality of the 8 captains on view top managers pick was Haarland with 6 votes. 🫢

1. Haarland/Kane 18 points - HJ, Nuc, David, Gornal, TD, Yubby, Rosie and Picasso.

3. Mitrovic - 10 points BB.

4. Salah/Diaz 6 points. - Iwuz, Bongo and Winnie.

6. Watkins/Sterling 4 points - Liam, Oz and Dazzy.

8. Alexander-Arnold 2 points - Gavin.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Our victor this week Iwuz 💥and the Detectorists 💥with 69 triumphant points making it back to back wins.

Runner up Yubby and Injury Prone 2nd Xl with 59 points.

TOP 6 💥

👍1. Detectorists.

👎2. Aston Lilla.

👍3. Brum Tings.

👎4. McGinn Fizz.

👍5. Goals Aloud.

👍6 TD Lions

Iwuz the new pack leader booting 🥾 HJ down to 2nd. 😝

Rosie up to 3rd as Nuc’s Fizz gurgle down to 4th. 🤪

Gavin getting a tune out of Goals Aloud ‘Jump’ to 5th. 😜

A new entry into 6th place Dave and his marauding pride. 🦁

RELEGATION 💩🤬

👍17. Ozstan Villa.

👎18. Warrioresses Win.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Oz on an upward trajectory and chasing down Bongo. 😛

Winnie had the mare of all mares down to 18th. 🤪

Dazzy going like the clappers closing them both down. 😝

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩

I think Winnie knows already with 29 points she and the Warrioresses win their first Drongo in a very long time. 😳🫢😩

TOKENS

WILDCARD - Rosie

Gameweek 7

Saturday 10th September

Team Sheets in by 11.am.

Villa v Southampton kick off Gameweek 8

Friday 16th September

Team Sheets in by 6.30pm.

MissWinnie
05-09-2022, 06:14 PM
Thanks Rosie! :star:

Not your fault - I have a feeling the contentious "C" word would have risen it's ugly head this week regardless, given the residual hangover from "that" Spurs match, and who we were playing this week. I deliberately didn't look at most of the teams this week, but forgot not to read Captain watch when I was reading your report! It looks like all but one of the people in "plural" no longer post on here, so may well have not been reading recent posts ... I'm considering a fresh League for next season, instead of just auto renewing, so people have to come on and read the board to get the code join in ... Will ask for VM views in our little democratic family first though ... Anyway, it's disappointing, but I'm not going to let it ruin my fun and love of FL - can only control what I do and all that. A big well done to all of our Lion hearted Villa Mad managers this week. You know who you are. I'm proud of you and happy for you all that we stopped you know who from having a goal fest. Nothing to do with our Villa defence - it was us ;D Giggles. :heart:

Well done Iwuz!

Well, it's been a few weeks in the making, but I thoroughly deserved my Drongo this week! The hat Rosie made for Oz is a bit big for me so has slid down over my eyes - hopefully that will mean a better team selection next week! Can't be any worse! XD

MissWinnie
05-09-2022, 07:07 PM
PS. Just had a flash back to the end of my very first season doing VMFL write ups. LMV wrote to me behind the scenes asking if I'd continue with the updates as, at the time, it was only this thread and the Prediction League, that were drama free and she wanted to encourage them!
Ummm ... XD

I miss the Prediction League. I did win that! O:) Oz's prize picture proudly graces my sitting room wall though I do get a bit miffed when I tell guests of it's origin and people say "You mean, YOU won a footy prediction league??!!" Huh ;D:(

TrianonDave
05-09-2022, 07:45 PM
Thanks Rosie....come on you Lions. 🦁

bongosdad
05-09-2022, 10:14 PM
Well done iwas not that hes will read this.

**** start but my team is incredible now so not panicking yet.

Rosie i have worked out why your always mid table. You have way to much money on your bench. I mean what's the point having 2 expensive keepers for example.

If any one wants tips just ask

MissWinnie
06-09-2022, 02:12 AM
Umbongo ... Last time I checked, Rosie was in 3rd and you were in 16th! :P

Any tips on how to resist making so many transfers? O:) :D

bongosdad
06-09-2022, 08:25 AM
Thats my downfall too Winnie unfortunately

picasso
06-09-2022, 09:07 AM
Thanks once again Rosie. Brilliant stuff. Glad that week is out of the way.

VillaRosie
12-09-2022, 05:21 PM
Gameweek 8

16th September

Sky announcing 7 of the 10 fixtures will go ahead.

*** However, there is a caveat that this could change with regard to the policing of games so keep checking the FPL fixtures ***

The 3 fixtures postponed.

Chelsea v Liverpool

Manchester United v Leeds

Brighton Crystal Palace.

MissWinnie
12-09-2022, 11:49 PM
Thanks Rosie! As on the ball as ever! :star:

bongosdad
13-09-2022, 07:52 PM
Cheers Rosie 🍻

VillaRosie
20-09-2022, 04:25 PM
VMFL back for 1 week only as now we have the international break. 😳

CAPTAIN WATCH

5 captains on view but with a massive 15 votes the Golden Wonder Haarland was voted managers favourite.

1. Kane/DeBruyne 20 points - Picasso💥 and Yubby 💥 wisely didn’t follow the masses.

3. Jesus/Haarland 12 points - Iwuz, HJ, Rosie, Nuc, Gavin, TD, David, Harry, Sam, Jesh, Liam, Gornal, Bongo, Oz, Winnie and Dazzy.

5. Mitrovic 4 points - BB.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Nuc and McGinn Fizz claim their 2nd award of the season with an explosive 🧨 80💥 points.

Joint runners up with 71 points Iwuz and the Detectorists and Picasso with Cubist Masterpiece.

Well played guys.

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Detectorists.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👎3. McGinn Fizz.

👎4. Brum Tings.

👍5. TD Lions.

👍6. Injury Prone 2nd Xl.

Iwuz still flying high in top spot. 🤪

HJ maintains 2nd place happy to let Iwuz set the pace. 😜

Nuc up to 3rd 😛after unceremoniously dumping Rosie down to 4th.💩🤬

TD Lions up to 5th 🦁and licking their lips in anticipation as Rosie’s top 6 position comes under threat. 🦁🥩

Yubby going to give the elite another crack up to 6th. 😝

RELEGATION 😩🤬💩

👍17. Warrioresses Win.

👎18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Good week for Winnie as she sees Fairy 🧚 🧚 🧚 lights at the end of the tunnel that could possibly end her relegation nightmare. 😛🤪😝

Oz just can’t get his team firing. 💣

Dazzy still making inroads into the deficit. 👏

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 😩💩

Jesh and the Kirkley Krusaders scoop the award this week with 39 points. 😳

TOKENS

FREE HIT - Dazzy

WILDCARD - HJ

GAMEWEEK 9

SATURDAY 1ST OCTOBER

TEAM SHEETS IN BY 11AM.

MissWinnie
20-09-2022, 05:40 PM
Ha ha loved the fairy lights at the end of the tunnel, Rosie! :heart: Thank you for another fun read. :star:

Wow, well played Nuc! :star: Well done to former champs Iwuz and Picasso too!

Yaay! I managed to topple Oz off his perch - luckily he hasn't too far to fall so hopefully he won't be feeling too bruised today :D

Bongo, watch out!

TrianonDave
20-09-2022, 07:45 PM
Thanks VR, feeling good. Hate these international breaks, makes me angry when I hear the words....Too much football, too many games, Tired! What.

Villa_Jesh
20-09-2022, 08:17 PM
Was kind of hoping you’d forget to do you post this week Rosie 😖

bongosdad
22-09-2022, 02:48 PM
Well done Nuc and unlucky Jesh.

Im still going to win this. Long time left to claw it back after a poor start. I blame the name change of my team.

Cheers Rosie 🍻

VillaRosie
04-10-2022, 11:57 AM
So looking forward to writing the update this week. 😛 I thought about changing the format and going straight to ‘Manager of Week’ but then realised this would be most unprofessional. 😛🤪

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Four captains on view but of our 19 managers 15 chose the Golden haired Norse God as captain.

1. Haarland💥 46 points - 15 managers left floating on cloud 9 as their warrior hero racked up the points and probably regretting at the same time not playing their Triple Captain token where another 23 points where available. Not listing our names we know who we are. 😝🤪😛

2. Salah 10 points - Iwuz and HJ.

3. Watkins 4 points - Liam.

4. Mitrovic 0 points - Oz.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Unbelievably top of the podium for the first time in yonks is Rosie 💥and the Brum Tings💥 scoring a stupendous 96 💥points.

Runner up Dazzy and the Barmy Army with 93 points. 👏👏👏👏👏

To be fair it was a high scoring week with most teams upping their game.

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Detectorists.

👍2. McGinn Fizz.

👍3. Brum Tings.

👎4. Aston Lilla.

👍5. McGinn & Tonic.

👉Injury Prone 2nd Xl.

Iwuz looking comfortable in top spot.

Nuc up to 2nd and Rosie up to 3rd after both booting🥾 an unusually below par HJ down to 4th. No doubt HJ will be rallying his troops ready for week 10.

David back in the mix up to 5th.

Yubby still holding firm in 6th place.

RELEGATION 💩😩😱

👉17. Warrioresses Win.

👍18. Barmy Army.

👎19. Ozstan Villa.

Winnie looked like she was going to escape relegation but Bongo played a blinder last night reckon his team are on win bonus’s.😜

Dazzy with the Barmy Army obviously like the thrill of the chase 🤪 after starting Fantasy League 2 weeks late finds himself up to 18th after booting a disconsolate Oz down to last place. 🤬

DRONGO OF THE WEEK. 💩🤬

This week HJ and Aston Lilla with 53 points are the surprise recipients. A high point score for a Drongo.

TOKENS

Dazzy - Bench Boost.

Gameweek 10

Saturday 8th October. Team sheets in by 1.30pm.

Some advanced info.

Gameweek 16 on Saturday 12th November are the last fixtures before the World Cup.

Gameweek 17 Boxing Day Fixtures on Monday 26th December sees Fantasy League recommence.

MissWinnie
04-10-2022, 07:19 PM
Ha ha well done Rosie! :star: Who cares about being professional? If it was me writing the update, and I'd won with that score, Manager of the Week would not only be top of the bill, but in bold, with bells, whistles, banners, and anything that glitters! :D Updates are soo much more fun to write when you've done well! Congrats to Dazzy too!

Yes, had a glimmer of hope that I'd escaped relegation at the weekend, but whatever bonus promises, or threats of Big Foot lectures Bongo used on his Monday night team did the trick and he managed to sink my team again. :( I'm sure he won't brag at all though!

picasso
05-10-2022, 08:24 AM
Congratulations Rosie. Brilliant score and yet another equally brilliant write up. Very much appreciated.

dazzyowen
05-10-2022, 10:38 AM
Thanks Rosie for another brilliant review..

Well that took some serious doing getting off the bottom n some major head scratching in training 🤣 bet Bongo is quaking in his boots now 🤣

birminghamborn
05-10-2022, 11:30 AM
Congratulations Rosie👏

bongosdad
06-10-2022, 11:23 AM
Well done Rosie and great report 👏

I would never bragg if i do well. Being humble is very important to me.
Winnie/Dazzy i dont think we will be down the bottom for long. Form is temporary class is permanent.

VillaRosie
11-10-2022, 03:52 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

It’s a first for VMFL all 19 managers chose Haarland as their captain which means we all snookered ourselves with his points counting for nothing. 😛😜🤪

So after all that our trusty Viking amassed 12 points.

David and McGinn & Tonic scoop the award with an impressive 78💥 points.

Runner up Winnie and Warrioresses Win with 73 points.

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6

👉1. Detectorists. 617

👍2. Aston Lilla. 568

👉3. Brum Tings 566

👍4. McGinn & Tonic. 564

👍5. Goals Aloud. 552

👎6. McGinn Fizz. 550

Iwuz still in command holding a 49 point lead over HJ who has reclaimed 2nd place. 🤪

Rosie some how managed to retain 3rd place after dodging HJ bouncing upwards and Nuc bouncing in the opposite direction.😜

David up to 4th with that amazing 78 points. Perhaps a word in SG’s ear👂 on how to get the best out of your team wouldn’t go amidst.🤪

Gareth moving on up into 5th place.😛

Going to have to use the P word for Nuc who after an unusually bad week sees his fizz fall flat and plummet down to 6th place. I am sure he will give them a good shake and they will be ready for next week.😝

RELEGATION 💩🤬

👉17. Warrioresses Win.

👍18. Ozstan Villa.

👎19. Barmy Army.

Bongo just manages again to evade Winnie’s vice like grip as she remains in the relegation zone. 😱

Oz obviously now giving his team Red Bull which sees them fly up to 18th. 😛

Dazzy sees his team slump to the bottom of the league after a temporary loss of form. 😩

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 😱🤬💩

Nuc and McGinn Fizz are the ‘winners’ this week with 40 points.

Gameweek 11

Friday 14th October - Team sheets in by 6.30pm

Gameweek 12

Midweek - Tuesday 18th October - Team sheets in by 6pm.

Brace yourselves for the bad news. 🥹

There are only 9 fixtures in the Gameweek. 😩

Arsenal v Man City is postponed. 🥹😱🤬💩

Arsenal have to play their rearranged Europa League match against PSV.

This is going to cause some managerial headaches.

bongosdad
12-10-2022, 08:12 AM
Well done David. 👏

Me being an idiot have Watkins and Mings on my side. Surely Watkins or Mings would get something against Forest 🙄 i also sold Cansello 🤔

Oh well onwads and upwards.

Thankyou Rosie top report 👌👍

bongosdad
12-10-2022, 08:13 AM
Although I dont get why you have Rice in your side Rosie and two expensive keepers?

MissWinnie
14-10-2022, 04:54 PM
Thank you, Rosie. :heart: :star:

VillaRosie
17-10-2022, 12:06 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

What a managerial shambles in the Captain department this week. 😱🥹💩

To find the chosen one was actually mortal after failing to score was frankly shocking. 😜🤪😛

Harland was given the armband by 17 managers with only 2 Sam and Jesh thinking outside the box and captaining Son and Martinelli respectively but alas they also failed to perform leaving Haarland managers heaving huge sighs of relief. 😳

1. Son/Martinelli 6 points - Sam and Jesh.

3. Haarland 4 points.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Rediscovering their Fantasy League pedigree Picasso and Cubist Masterpiece 💥 claim their first award of the season with 60 hard fought points just edging our runner up HJ and Aston Lilla with 59 points.

Well played guys points hard to come by this week.

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Detectorists.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👉3. Brum Tings.

👉4. Goals Aloud.

👎5. McGinn & Tonic.

👉6. McGinn Fizz.

Iwuz still pack leader. 😛

HJ maintaining 2nd place but closing the gap. 😜

Rosie cemented in 3rd but getting earache listing to Gavin croon YNWA has he glides up to 4th.

McGinn teams David’s Tonic down to 5th and Nuc’s Fizz holding on to 6th.

RELEGATION 💩😱😩

👉17. Warrioresses Win.

👉18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

No movement our contenders stuck in the relegation bog. 💩

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩

Yubby and Injury Prone 2nd Xl take the award this week 31 points.

TOKENS

WILDCARD - Jesh and Gornal.

Gameweek 12 - Tuesday 18th - Team sheets in by 6pm.

Going to be interesting how our managers deal with the fact the fixture between Arsenal v Man City has been postponed which I imagine will impact most of our teams and we are going to have to replace Haarland as captain. 😱 What a dilemma. 😜😛😛

Many thanks for all your kind comments it’s most appreciated. 😍🥰

birminghamborn
17-10-2022, 03:59 PM
We love you and your reports Rosie👍

MissWinnie
17-10-2022, 04:13 PM
We certainly do! :heart: Thank you so much again, Rosie! :star:

Wow, what a rubbishy week! Unless you are called Picasso or HJ! Well done gentlemen! :star:

bongosdad
17-10-2022, 04:48 PM
Well done Picasso. 👏

Do i activate my free hit this week? 🤔

Thank-you Rosie for your fab repots as always and fair play your doing well this year 👏

picasso
17-10-2022, 07:04 PM
Thanks folks and thanks once again for a fabulous write up Rosie. There is one correction however as I actually captained Kane which clearly meant I scored quite well compared to others.
And therein lies an issue this season for those trying to play catch up. With the Viking playing and scoring so well, everyone not only has him in their team but has him captain as well. The only way to make ground seems to be to take calculated risks when Man City are against tough opponents. Well, it worked this week!

bongosdad
18-10-2022, 06:54 AM
I agree Picasso. We could do with him getting injured. I nearly captained Kane this week but bottled it.

samhubball
18-10-2022, 05:49 PM
Great report as always Rosie.

I seek forgiveness from my brethran. I was fannying about with my team thinking the deadline was 6.30pm tonight and have inadvertently given the armband to Mitrovic 😳

Sorry

VillaRosie
18-10-2022, 06:54 PM
Thanks folks and thanks once again for a fabulous write up Rosie. There is one correction however as I actually captained Kane which clearly meant I scored quite well compared to others.
And therein lies an issue this season for those trying to play catch up. With the Viking playing and scoring so well, everyone not only has him in their team but has him captain as well. The only way to make ground seems to be to take calculated risks when Man City are against tough opponents. Well, it worked this week!

Apologies Picasso. 😝😜🤪😝

Had to concentrate this Gameweek with 7 captains and a Free Hit bonanza with 7 tokens played.

Thanks again for your kind comments. 😍

VillaRosie
18-10-2022, 06:58 PM
Great report as always Rosie.

I seek forgiveness from my brethran. I was fannying about with my team thinking the deadline was 6.30pm tonight and have inadvertently given the armband to Mitrovic 😳

Sorry

As long as he has a crap game Sam you will be fine. 😛😜🤪😝

bongosdad
19-10-2022, 09:18 AM
I believe you Sam because it was an odd captain choice and you are a big fanny too 😆

VillaRosie
21-10-2022, 12:32 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

A tricky gameweek for our managers to negotiate resulting in 7 Free Hit tokens being played.

Seven captains nominated with Salah the overwhelming managers top pick with 11 votes.

1. Mitrovic 12 points - Sam.

2. Salah/Mount 6 points - Iwuz, HJ, Gavin David, Nuc, Picasso, TD, Yubby, Harry, Bongo, Winnie and Mount.

3 Firmino/Kane/Toney 4 points - Rosie, Oz, BB and Jesh.

7. Sterling 2 points - Dazzy.

Gornal’s captain and vice captain didn’t get a game this week. 😱

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Sam and Mings & Ings & Tings win their first award of the season with 61 (interesting) points.💥 😛😝🤪😜

Runner up Nuc and McGinn Fizz with 59 points.

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Detectorists.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👉3. Brum Tings.

👍4. McGinn & Tonic.

👍5. McGinn Fizz.

👎6. Goals Aloud.

Iwuz still setting the pace with HJ and Rosie retaining their 2nd and 3rd places respectively.

The McGinn teams in an upwards trajectory David’s Tonic up to 4th and Nuc’s Fizz up to 5th.

Gavin clinging on down to 6th.

RELEGATION 💩😱

👉17. Warrioresses Win.

👉18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Winnie within touching distance of the slippery elusive Bongo. 😝🤪😛

Oz preparing his team for a post World Cup surge. 😜

Dazzy has stalled after his magnificent attempt to catch up those missing 2 weeks. 😱😳

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩😩

Jesh and Kirkley Krusaders with 32 points secure their 2nd award of the season. 😳

TOKENS

FREE HIT - HJ, Gavin, Picasso, BB, Liam, Bongo and Winnie.

GAMEWEEK 13

Saturday 22nd October - Team sheets in by 11am.

samhubball
22-10-2022, 06:35 AM
Cheers Rosie, but I took a 12 point bongoesque hit, so I think I only got 49 points. Which is karma for pissing about with my team so much I ended up with Mitrovic as captain

MissWinnie
22-10-2022, 03:57 PM
It's okay Sam. We won't make you wear a hair shirt for the week. We all stuff up at times - including, and especially me. :) Well done to you and Nuc. :star:

Well, that was a bit of a waste of a free hit! My team looked okay on paper but the footballing gods in a mischievous mood last week, and seemingly this! Who'd have predicted the Forrest v Liverpool score?!

Thank you for another tops report, Rosie! :star:

bongosdad
23-10-2022, 07:56 AM
Well done Sam and Nuclear.

Ive been so crap this season so far. Mr knee jerk. Im not giving up though.

Cheers Rosie 🍻

VillaRosie
25-10-2022, 07:44 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

17 of our managers only having a plan A gave Haarland the armband this week. Only Nuc and TD devised a Plan B.

1.Harland 26 points

2. Salah 4 points - Nuc and TD.

I did notice a number of us had Foden in our teams which is always dangerous choosing Man City players and Pep true to form threw a spanner🔧 in the works starting him off the bench.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Harry and Harribos Fangtastics collect their first award of the season with 80💥tasty points.

Runner up Bongo and Um Bongo with 77 points.

👏👏👏👏👏 Congratulations

TOP 6💥

👉1. Detectorists.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👍3. McGinn & Tonic.

👎4. Brum Tings.

👍5. Goals Aloud.

👍6. Cubist Masterpiece.

Iwuz and HJ showing no sign of weakness remain 1st and 2nd respectively. 😝

David into 3rd after unceremoniously elbowing Rosie off her perch. 🤪

Rosie wanting a VAR review down to 4th. 😱

Gavin back up to 5th. 😜

Picasso’s team on fire up to 6th. 🔥

RELEGATION 😱

👉17. Warrioresses Win.

👍18. Barmy Army.

👎19. Ozstan Villa.

Winnie treading water. 💦

Dazzy and his team have got their 2nd wind💨 up to 18th.🤪

Oz rock bottom down to 19th 😜

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩

Back to back Drongo’s for Jesh and Kirkley Krusaders with 43 points. 🤬

Gameweek 14
Saturday 29th October - Team sheets in 11am.

MissWinnie
25-10-2022, 09:09 PM
Fun to read report as always, Rosie! :star:

Well done Harry and Bongo :star: though Bongo congrats given through gritted teeth. I thought I was in with a chance of overtaking him this week, but I think he heard Dazzy breaking wind behind us and made a run for it! :P :D

Congrats to all those who kept faith with, and did well, with their Villa players this week. May there be many more points to be had from them!

TrianonDave
26-10-2022, 06:55 AM
Happy with my steady progress this term, its so nice not to be dumped at the foot of the table.
Great excitement. Thank you for the report Rosie 😁

bongosdad
26-10-2022, 07:26 PM
Well done Harry 👏

I feel my side is ok now and will be able to pick away at the lead now. My aim is to gain 10 points per week on the leader.

Top report Rosie

Ps Dazzy is constantly breaking wind Winnie. If you overtake me Winnie you will probably win the competition.

picasso
28-10-2022, 07:40 AM
Sorry this is a bit late but thanks once again Rosie. Your dedication and remarkable attention to detail is truly impressive and very much appreciated.

VillaRosie
28-10-2022, 12:03 PM
Looks like our Golden Viking could miss tomorrow’s game giving our managers a headache with a will he won’t he scenario. 😛😝😜🤪

I see FPL The Scout is recommending Trippier as a replacement and we all know that’s a none starter. 😛😝🤪😜

MissWinnie
28-10-2022, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the update on Haaland, Rosie. Pep is sooo annoying - I'm sure he knows whether he's playing him or not!

Oh my goodness, smelling salts out at the FPL Scout Trippier replacement suggestion! :O

I did click on the FM Admin thread on differentials, out of curiosity, and was heartened to see the first suggestion was Watkins v Newcastle. Hope they are right! It's always nice when neutrals have faith in our players. :)

bongosdad
28-10-2022, 09:13 PM
I think i would go for ings instead to be honest if i did pick a villa player. Watkins as been a disaster for me this session when i got him in. I could have got Tony for the same money and he carried on scoring

VillaRosie
31-10-2022, 12:45 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

For most managers it was more of who to choose as vice captain should the withdrawal of Haarland through injury happen. With Trippier out of the question for obvious reasons it was not easy. However it is obvious some managers made far better decisions than others. 😱😛

After a long absence former managers darling Salah returned as top managers pick with 8 votes. 😛🤪

1. Jesus 18 points - A good call by Gornal. 👏👏

2. Martinelli 16 points - Jesh.

3. Salah 14 points - Iwuz, HJ, Gavin, TD, Nuc, Sam, Yubby and Winnie.

4. Firmino 4 points - Oz.

Kane/Mitrovic/Watkins/Henderson joint bottom 2 points - David, Rosie, Picasso, Bongo, BB, Harry, Liam and Dazzy.

Iwuz and the Detectorists reigned supreme with 86 glorious points. 👏👏👏

Runner up Gavin and Goals Aloud with 76 points.

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Detectorists.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👉3. McGinn & Tonic.

👍4. Goals Aloud.

👎5. Brum Tings.

👍6. TD Lions.

Iwuz has found another gear extending his lead. 😝

HJ and David holding firm in 2nd and 3rd respectively. 😜

Gavin dislodges Rosie and ascends to 4th. 😝

Rosie also finds another gear REVERSE and crashes down to 5th. 🤬

TD and his Lions roar into 6th. 🦁

RELEGATION 😱

👉17. Warrioresses Win.

👍18. Ozstan Villa.

👎19. Barmy Army.

Winnie bogged down in 17th.

Oz and Dazzy having their own battle pinging between 18th and 19th.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩

Dazzy and the Barmy Army scoop the award with 40 points. 😩

TOKENS

WILDCARD - David and Gavin.

Gameweek 15 - Saturday 5th November - Team Sheets in by 1.30pm.

I reckon only 2 more Gameweeks before the World Cup break.

TrianonDave
31-10-2022, 05:07 PM
Get in, top 6 I'm doing what Villa promised!
Great report as usual. You lot up there, watch out 😁

MissWinnie
31-10-2022, 07:14 PM
Get in, top 6 I'm doing what Villa promised!
Great report as usual. You lot up there, watch out ��

Well done Dave! Unai move over! ;D

MissWinnie
31-10-2022, 07:21 PM
Thank you for another fabulous report, Rosie! :star:

The Detectorists charging ahead up there! Congrats to Iwuz and Gavin! :star:

Well and truly stuck in the relegation mud in 17th - Bongo still proving to be annoyingly hard to catch! Just 6 points between us now, but each time I get close, he's off! :mad:

bongosdad
01-11-2022, 11:14 AM
Well done Gavin and Iwuz.

I just cant do anything right. I hàve the best team in the league by miles but then Foden doesn't start, Saka goes off and i pick the wrong captain.

Winnie your as crap as me this season. Maybe things will turn around after the world cup

Cheers Rosie 🍻

samhubball
03-11-2022, 08:16 AM
I like 10th. Think I'll stay here for the rest of the season 😂

bongosdad
03-11-2022, 09:03 AM
Your going to be 11th soon sam

VillaRosie
07-11-2022, 07:01 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁
Week 15 the penultimate gameweek before the World Cup saw 6 captains on view with 12 managers praying 🙏🏼 that Pep would surely have to play Haarland. It was looking a forlorn hope until Pep finally decided the only way they would get 3 points was to send on the Big Gun 👏👏👏👏👏 along with one point Foden. 😩

1. Alvez 18points - An inspirational choice for captain by Winnie the master tactician.💥 Well played.

2. DeBruyne 14 points - TD, Yubby and Bongo.

3. Haarland/Watkins - Iwuz, HJ, David, Rosie, Nuc, Picasso, Sam, BB, Harry, Gornal, Oz, Dazzy and Liam.

5. Calvert-Lewin - Gavin.

6 Cancelo minus 4 - Jesh. 🤬😱

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Winnie and her Warrioresses Win take centre stage with a top podium finish with 86💥sparkling points. Their first award of the season.

Making it all the sweeter Winnie snatched top spot from her nemesis Bongo and Umbongo who finished runner up with 79 points.

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Detectorists.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👉3. McGinn & Tonic.

👍4. Brum Tings.

👍5. TD Lions.

👍6. McGinn Fizz.

Iwuz still setting the pace. 😜

HJ and David 2nd and 3rd respectively still following in his wake. 😛

A surprised Rosie ascends this week up to 4th. 🥰

TD still nipping at her heels up to 5th. Dave needs to keep his lions under control. 🦁😜

Nuc explodes back into 6th place. 💣

RELEGATION 😱🤬

👉17. Warrioresses Win.

👍18. Barmy Army.

👎19. Ozstan Villa.

Winnie only in the relegation zone on transfers made from Jesh.

It’s the weekly turnaround Dazzy up to 18th and Oz rock bottom in 19th.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩

Joint Drongo’s this week with 39 points Harry with Harribos Fangtastics and Jesh with Kirkley Krusaders.

Gameweek 16

12th November - Team Sheets in by 11am.

bongosdad
07-11-2022, 07:54 PM
Well done Winnie. 👏 I thought i had won!
Oh well atleast ive clawed a few points of the leader.

Thankyou Rosie your a star 🌟 🤩

TrianonDave
07-11-2022, 08:21 PM
Loving it. Thanks Rosie.

MissWinnie
08-11-2022, 06:36 PM
My favourite update so far Rosie! ;D Thank you so much again! :star:

Cheers Bongo! I thought you were going to win too until I looked after the matches! I took a silly, unnecessary last minute 8 point hit and you were remarkably restrained with transfers, like Jesh, which means you got away again, and I'm still in the relegation mud despite a good week!

Good luck everyone for the last match before the World Cup - it's going to be weird not being able to play FL mid season!

Villa_Jesh
12-11-2022, 12:01 AM
I am having a seriously bad few weeks! Need to stop trying to over think it 😂

VillaRosie
14-11-2022, 01:16 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

What a captain calamity with 17 managers steadfastly refusing to consider anyone else as leader apart from Haarland. You could hear the audible groans of despair has the unthinkable happened when the ‘chosen one’ failed to deliver.

Could TD backing DeBruyne and Winnie backing Salah capitalise on this catastrophe? Short answer no both equally inept.

VillaRosie
14-11-2022, 01:41 PM
captain watch 👁👁

what a captain calamity with 17 managers steadfastly refusing to consider anyone else as leader apart from haarland. You could hear the audible groans of despair has the unthinkable happened when the ‘chosen one’ failed to deliver.

Could td backing debruyne and winnie backing salah capitalise on this catastrophe? Short answer no both equally inept.

Disaster I keep being thrown off the thread will try again later

bongosdad
14-11-2022, 02:39 PM
Trust that to happen after my incredible week!

VillaRosie
14-11-2022, 05:02 PM
After relocating the iPad which was so so close to being launched through the window and a few expletives later🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 I have calmed down so will try again.

May the force be with me or Bongo will think I have done this deliberately. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

What a captain calamity with 17 managers steadfastly refusing to consider anyone other than Haarland as their leader. You could hear the audible wails of despair when the unthinkable happened and the ‘chosen one’ only managed to deliver a measly 2 points. 🤬😱😩

Step up TD and Winnie backing DeBruyne and Salah respectively could they capitalise on this catastrophe? Short answer no both where equally inept with 4 points each.🤬😩😱

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

No bottling it this week for Bongo and UmBongo💥 finishing top of the podium with 65💥fantastic points.

Joint runners up with 60 points Gavin and Goals Aloud and David with McGinn & Tonic.

👏👏👏👏👏 Well played guys in what turned out to be a difficult week.

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Detectorists.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👉3. McGinn & Tonic.

👍4. Goals Aloud.

👍5. Cubist Masterpiece.

👎6. Brum Tings.

Iwuz will be our a Christmas 🎅🏻 number 1.

HJ remaining glued in 2nd place and slowly making inroads into Iwuz’s lead.🎄

David spending Christmas 🎄 in 3rd place.

Gavin thankfully changed tune to ‘I Like It’ up to 4th. 🤪

Picasso exiting his Blue Period up to 5th. 😜

Rosie back in reverse gear again down to 6th. Honestly I have no idea how I’m still there after swapping Foden for Zaha. 😱

RELEGATION 💩🤬

👎17. Kirkley Krusaders.

👍18. Ozstan Villa.

👎19. Barmy Army.

Winnie out of the relegation zone by 1 point.

Which means Jesh replaces her in 17th place giving him more food for thought. 😩🤬

Oz and Dazzy switch places again 18th and 19th respectively.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩😱

Another Drongo for Dazzy and the Barmy Army after amassing 30 points.

Fantasy League returns 6 weeks from today (Monday 14th)

Gameweek 17 Boxing Day Monday 26th December - Team Sheets in by 12.30pm

All matches on Amazon Prime 😩😱🤬

Future Gameweeks

Gameweek 18 Friday 30th December.

Gameweek 19 Monday 2nd January.

bongosdad
14-11-2022, 06:27 PM
Cheers Rosie and thank you everyone for your kind comments. Ive worked out to win the league i need to gain 5.4 points a week on the leader.

Cheers Rosie top report and unlucky everyone else 👏

MissWinnie
14-11-2022, 08:19 PM
Ha ha I don't think the VM site's ears could bear the thought of Bongo having an extended reign as Manager of the Week, and rebelled! :D

Thank you for persevering, Rosie - I know well that feeling of wanting to throw your computer through the window - I hate technology at times! I looked forward to, and enjoyed reading it, as always, so really appreciate the extra effort! :star: I hope you enjoy a well deserved break with feet up and lots of mince pies :heart:

Well done Bongo and Gavin! :star:

Thank you to Jesh for gallantly standing in the mud for me for the duration of the World Cup. I'm sure I'll be back there after Christmas!

picasso
15-11-2022, 12:18 PM
Brilliant once again Rosie. Thanks you so much. You can have a break now!

Not sure the Captain choice was too much of a disaster given that pretty much we all had him. It seemed such a no brainier playing at home against Brentford who have been poor on the road. The Prem is a bit of a weird place at the moment. Perhaps he’s not going to be such a certainty in the second half of the season. Might open things up a bit if not.

VillaRosie
15-11-2022, 03:09 PM
RULES REGARDING FANTASY LEAGUE TRANSFERS DURING WORLD CUP

Easier to copy and paste 😝😜🤪😛

Read our FAQs about what you can and cannot do with free Fantasy transfers during the tournament in Qatar

Related Articles

Premier League friendlies during the FIFA World Cup 2022
FPL team news: Rodgers provides positive Maddison update
FPL player price changes - rises, falls and top transfers in GW16
The advent of the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar, starting on 20 November, brings a pause to the Premier League, and so to Fantasy Premier League, as well.

However, FPL managers have the opportunity to take stock of their 2022/23 seasons so far and overhaul their teams. This is because they can make unlimited free transfers after the Gameweek 16 deadline at 13:30 GMT on 12 November and the return of the Premier League on Boxing Day, for Gameweek 17.

Here is what managers need to know as they plan ahead.

Will player prices rise and fall during the FIFA World Cup 2022?
No, player prices will be frozen during the World Cup.

What is the date of last price changes?
The last set of price changes will occur on 13 November as a result of transfers that occurred ahead of the GW16 deadline at 11:00 GMT on 12 November. Any transfers made after the deadline will not affect player prices.

Player prices will be frozen from after the GW16 deadline until the GW17 deadline at 11:00 GMT on 26 December. Player prices will be "unfrozen" after the GW17 deadline. Any transfers made after the GW17 deadline will contribute to player price changes.

Can I roll a free transfer from GW16?
Yes, you can roll a free transfer in GW16 or GW17 and have two free transfers going into GW18. If you make two or more transfers in GW17 then you will lose your saved transfer.

Are the number of transfers made between GW16 & GW17 added to our number of "total transfers"?
Yes

How does the total transfers impact my team?
The total transfers made will impact your team in the event of a tie-breaker if you’re level with another manager in a classic-scoring league at the end of the season. This doesn’t impact head-to-head leagues or Cups.

Will transfers made during the World Cup cost me any points?
No, all transfers made after GW16 and ahead of the GW17 deadline will be free transfers and won’t cost you any points.

Is there a limit on the amount of transfers I can make during the World Cup?
No.

Can I play any chips in GW17?
Yes, you can play your Bench Boost, Free Hit or Triple Captain if available. But, you won’t be able to play your Wildcard.

Can I roll my Wildcard into GW17 and have two Wildcards from GW17 onwards?
No, if you still have an available Wildcard, you must play that ahead of GW16 deadline or you will lose it.

Does the 50 per cent sell-on still exist? Will I have to pay the difference if I sell a player and then get him back in?
The price shown on your transfers page is a player's selling price. This selling price may be less than the player's current purchase price as a sell-on fee of 50 per cent will be applied on any profits made on that player.

This remains in effect for the World Cup period. For example, Erling Haaland’s current cost is £12.1m. If you owned him at his £11.5m starting price and transferred him out, you’d receive £11.8m. However, if you then decided to bring him back, Haaland would cost you £12.1m.

VillaRosie
29-12-2022, 06:02 PM
With our managers finding themselves back in the hot seat the question is are they ready to take on the trials and tribulations of VMFL?

Along the way hopes will be dashed and reputations ruined but with all the ups and downs our Champ will be crowned in May. 🏆😜😀😝

Week 17 turned into a blockbuster.

Only 3 captains on view and you don’t need to be mind reader to guess with 17 votes Haarland was the top managers pick.

1. Rashford 28 points - Well done Picasso 👏👏👏

2. Haarland 26 points - Well played Liam for using your Triple Captain Token amassing 39 points.👏

3. DeBruyne 4 points - Hard luck TD. 😩

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

There was some amazing scoring but Mings & Ings & Tings💥 triumphed bringing great tidyings of joy to Sam💥 not only with 108 💥glorious points but the first team to break the ton this season. 👏👏👏👏👏

Joints runners up with 99 points HJ with Aston Lilla and Rosie with Brum Tings.

TOP 6💥

👉1. Detectorists.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👉3. McGinn & Tonic.

👍4. Brum Tings.

👎5. Goals Aloud.

👍6. McGinn Fizz.

Top 3 remain motionless however both Iwuz and HJ go through the 1000 point barrier and HJ has closing the gap to 12 points.
David in touch in 3rd. 🤪😛

Rosie clambers unceremoniously over Gavin and Picasso into 4th. 😝

Nuc also jumps over Picasso into 6th. 😛🤪

Picasso down to 7th. I have a feeling that Picasso’s season of goodwill towards Pep has diminished. With Mitrovic and his 15 points waiting on the bench and Foden not playing Picasso’s prayers not answered has Pep does what he always does sends him on for 1 point.🤬

RELEGATION 💩😱

👉17. Kirkley Krusaders.

👉18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

All 3 treading water. Although Dazzy has closed the gap on Oz to 2 points.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK

Yubby and Injury Prone 2nd Xl with 59 points. 😱

TOKENS

Liam - Triple Captain.

WILDCARD UPDATE

The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season. The first wildcard will be available from the start of the season until Sat 12 Nov 11:00. The second wildcard will be available after Mon 26 Dec 11:00 in readiness for the January transfer window opening and remain available until the end of the season.

Gameweek 18

Friday 30th December - Team Sheets 6.15pm

Gameweek 19

Monday 2nd January - Team sheets 4pm

Gameweek 20

Friday 13th January - Team Sheets 6.30pm

picasso
30-12-2022, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the report Rosie. Another amazing job. Congratulations Sam.

Yes, gutted to have left 15 points on the bench which would have taken me over the ton, but footy is a game of ‘what ifs’.

MissWinnie
30-12-2022, 08:23 PM
Brill update again Rosie! :star:

Well done Sam on your massive points haul! Congrats to HJ and Rosie too! :star:

Brave/good captain choice by Picasso!

I've been spending too longing re-living my WC victory and forgot this GW had started! Back to reality, Winnie. :blue: :D

Happy New Year everyone! xxx

bongosdad
30-12-2022, 09:25 PM
Great update again. 👍 I see you have a really good side Rosie. Whos been watching fpl Rosie 😉. Haha welcome to Bongo Sam Winnie fpl nerds gang.

Well done Sam. 👏

VillaRosie
02-01-2023, 05:09 PM
With Brentford v Liverpool kicking off Gameweek 19 today at 5.30pm. I will keep the update on week 18 relatively short.

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Again only 3 captains on view and with 17 votes ‘you know who’ is the top managers pick.

1. Haarland 12 points - Yubby amassed 18 points after playing his Triple Captain token.

2. Salah 4 points - Sam.

3. DeBruyne 2 points TD.

Pep is wreaking havoc with his Man City team selections.

Back to back awards for Sam with Mings & Ings & Tings scoring a very respectable 63💥points.

Runner up finishing only 1 point behind with 62 points Sam’s mate Gavin with Goals Aloud. 👏👏

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Detectorists.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👍3. Goals Aloud.

👎4. McGinn & Tonic.

👍5. Mings & Ings & Tings.

👎6. Brum Tings.

Iwuz still keeping HJ at bay. 😛

Only Way Is Up for Gavin as he replaces David in 3rd place.

David down to 4th.

Be afraid be very afraid he is back. Yes our reigning champ is up 5th.

Rosie dives literally head first down to 6th hanging on by her fingernails.

RELEGATION 😱💩

👎17. Warrioresses Win.

👍18. Barmy Army.

👎. Ozstan Villa.

Winnie back in the relegation mire probably paying for all the partying and open top bus parades after her World Cup win. 🥳🍾🥃🤪

Dazzy up to 18th and Oz rock bottom 19th.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK AWARD 💩

TD and his Lions secure their first award of the season with 29 points.

TOKENS

Iwuz - Bench Boost

Yubby - Triple Captain.

Gameweek 19 ends on Thursday 12th January. I spy Fulham and Chelsea have a double gameweek.

samhubball
02-01-2023, 05:23 PM
Amazing wrote up Rosie, you certainly earn your money over the festive period! (You should charge a fee for these write ups)

Spicy gameweek up ahead! Good luck all and happy new year

MissWinnie
02-01-2023, 06:33 PM
Thank you so much again, Rosie! You are a super :star: !

Aaaagh!! Sam's back on form! Not that it affects me, being at the bottom! XD Well done Sam, and Gavin too! :star:

The reflected glory of my World Cup win is the only thing standing between me and a cabbage being thrown at my head!

samhubball
03-01-2023, 07:32 PM
Thank you so much again, Rosie! You are a super :star: !

Aaaagh!! Sam's back on form! Not that it affects me, being at the bottom! XD Well done Sam, and Gavin too! :star:

The reflected glory of my World Cup win is the only thing standing between me and a cabbage being thrown at my head!

Well that and the fact cabbages are very expensive ATM.

Got to say, this season is very peculiar! None of the usual suspects are next to each other. Harry has had Gavin message him to say "you can hire me as a coach for a tenner" which is what Harry said to gav last year. Winnie isn't above me or below me by one space, and our teams are very different and Bongo hasn't taken a 32 point hit yet this season 😳

bongosdad
04-01-2023, 04:49 PM
Well done Sam 👏
Im slowly starting to make ground on the lead now so watch out. Ive got an incredible team now so i dont need many transfers. Im a bit worried about my bench though.

Awsome report Rosie 👌

VillaRosie
13-01-2023, 02:00 PM
Not only has week 19 finally drawn to a close we have also reached the halfway point in the fixture list.

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Managers went rogue this week with 4 captains on view. Top pick still Haarland but only with 10 votes.

1. Mitrovic 10 points - Iwuz, Gavin, David, Sam, Picasso, BB and Winnie.

2. DeBruyne 6 points - TD.

Bringing up the rear Haarland/Ward-Prowse 4 points - HJ, Rosie, Nuc, Bongo, Yubby, Harry, Gornal, Jesh, Dazzy, Oz and Liam.

Mitrovic managers unlucky but with their chosen one having a knack for collecting yellow card it was no surprise he again managed to add another one to his growing collection against Crystal Palace and found himself banned for last nights fixture against Man City.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

First award of the season for Gornal and Yam Yam Villa with 73💥 ‘Bostin’ points.

Runner up a resurgent Oz and Ozstan Villa with 70 points.

Well played guys. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👍1. Aston Lilla.

👎2. Detectorists.

👍3. McGinn & Tonic.

👎4. Goals Aloud.

👍5. Brum Tings.

👍6. McGinn Fizz.

It’s being coming for a week or two but we have a new leader as HJ 👑 finally dislodges Iwuz from top spot and down to 2nd.

David ascends to 3rd.

Gavin slides ‘Down the Dustpipe’ to 4th.

Rosie with a lotta luck up to 5th.

Nuc back in the mix in 6th.

RELEGATION 😱💩

👉17. Warrioresses Win.

👍18. Ozstan Villa.

👎19. Barmy Army.

Winnie bogged down in 17th.

Is this the week Oz’s season takes off.

Looking grim for Dazzy.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩

Yubby and Injury Prone 2nd Xl secure the award with 40 points.

Villa v Leeds kick of Gameweek 20 8pm tonight Friday 13th 😱😱😱

Team sheets in by 6.30pm.

bongosdad
13-01-2023, 08:21 PM
Well done gornal 👏

After a crap start to the season im slowly clawing the points back on the leader. Not having Cansello in my new team was a stoke of genus. I am a bit worried about not having Rashford but having 4 premiums means its impossible to have him.

Nice one Rosie and good to see you completing for the title but coming 2nd to me is nothing to be ashamed of.

Winnie sort your team out! Stop doing so many transfers. Ive learned that the biggest battle isnt the opposition its with yourself. I cant help myself and do stupid amount of hits. If it wasn't for that i would win this league easily every year.

bongosdad
13-01-2023, 09:54 PM
Sam just lost his clean sheet from Young! Perfect as long as Leeds dont get a 2nd. Not that im keeping and eye on his side honestly.

VillaRosie
20-01-2023, 06:23 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

With 16 votes no signs of support waning for our Golden Gladiator as captain even though his form has dipped somewhat in the last few weeks.

Only Sam, Gavin and TD prepared to look at possible alternatives.

1. Rashford 24 points - Gavin and Sam💥

2. Haarland 16 points - HJ, Iwuz, David, Rosie, Nuc, Picasso, Bongo, Liam, Yubby, Gornal, Winnie, Oz and Dazzy. 24 points for BB, Jesh and Harry having played their Triple Captain Token.

3. DeBruyne 10 points - TD.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Another glorious win for Sam with Mings & Ings & Tings 💥accumulating a massive 86 💥points. That’s 3 wins in the last 4 weeks for our current champs.

Runner up Gavin with Goals Aloud with 82 points.

Great scores. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Aston Lilla.

👉2. Detectorists.

👍3. Goals Aloud.

👎4. McGinn & Tonic.

👍5. Mings & Ings & Tings.

👎6. Brum Tings.

HJ means business this season as he stretches his lead.

Iwuz holding on to 2nd but the pack closing him down.

Gavin proving a threat glides up to 3rd.

David hits an icy 🧊 patch slipping down to 4th.

Sam riding along on a crest of a wave up to 5th.

Rosie like the temperature dropping fast clinging on to 6th.

RELEGATION 💩

👉17. Warrioresses Win.

👉18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Our relegation contenders frozen in time.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 😱💩

Unfortunately Nuc found the McGinn Fizz bubble burst collecting the award for the 2nd time this season with what normally is a safe score of 50 points.

TOKENS

WILDCARD - Gavin, Sam, Winnie and Dazzy.

TRIPLE CAPTAIN - Harry, BB and Jesh.

GAMEWEEK 21

Saturday 21st January

Team sheets in by 11am.

bongosdad
21-01-2023, 09:19 AM
Well done Sam. 👏

Im finding it difficult to claw back the points at the moment. Everyone has a good team, even Rosie.

Nice one Rosie 👍 top report 👌

dazzyowen
21-01-2023, 08:57 PM
For some reason I’ve been looking at the footy max league as there’s a few familiar names in there n thought I was climbing the table 🤣🤦*♂️ n after reading this Rosie I’ve just Soho’s checked n I’m looking at wrong league n I’m still bottom 🤣 gonna fight to get off bottom though

Great review as always 😊

bongosdad
21-01-2023, 08:59 PM
Nothing new there Dazzy. Try tripple captain Wolfswinkle

dazzyowen
22-01-2023, 12:07 AM
Nothing new there Dazzy. Try tripple captain Wolfswinkle

Nothing new there ? 🤣 what me being bottom ? I’ve got pedigree my friend and you should have more respect for a previous winner and I did start weeks after everyone 🙄👍😊

samhubball
22-01-2023, 08:31 PM
Cheers Bongo, I'm not giving up on a 4th consecutive title

samhubball
22-01-2023, 08:33 PM
Also.... In GW 23 Haaland has a DGW.... One match is against us and the other one is against Arsenal... If someone were to captain him for the Arsenal game or maybe TC him, that would unfortunately mean he was accidentally Captained against the mighty Villa too. Would that be unacceptable?

dazzyowen
23-01-2023, 07:44 PM
Totally unacceptable mate 🤬😊

dazzyowen
23-01-2023, 07:45 PM
Cheers Bongo, I'm not giving up on a 4th consecutive title

Is that right 4 in a row Sam ? Legend

samhubball
24-01-2023, 07:59 AM
Is that right 4 in a row Sam ? Legend
I'm not sure now actually... I think this might be my hatrick year attempt

VillaRosie
24-01-2023, 05:58 PM
Also.... In GW 23 Haaland has a DGW.... One match is against us and the other one is against Arsenal... If someone were to captain him for the Arsenal game or maybe TC him, that would unfortunately mean he was accidentally Captained against the mighty Villa too. Would that be unacceptable?

That tantamount to treason Sam. 🤪😱

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Our redhot favourite 🌶 Haarland has had reboot and is back to his best leaving 17 managers deliriously happy. Not that we have gained personally but on the bright side at least we snookered the opposition. 🤪🤪🤪

1. Haarland 34 points. 💥💥💥💥💥

2. DeBruyne 12 points - TD.

3. Toney 2 points - Jesh.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

It’s the Sam Show that triumphs yet again supported by his team Mings & Ings & Tings, scoring a majestic 90 points.

👏👏👏👏👏 Congratulations Sam an amazing run of results.

Runner up Oz and Ozstan Villa only one point adrift with 89 points. 👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Aston Lilla.

👉2. Detectorists.

👉3. Goals Aloud.

👍4. Mings & Ings & Tings.

👍5. Brum Tings.

👎6. McGinn & Tonic.

HJ firmly focused on the prize. 👑

Iwuz and Gavin keeping HJ in their sight. 🤪

Striking fear into the hearts of his fellow managers Sam in a rich vein of form up to 4th. 🤩

Rosie yo-yo’s back up to 5th. 😘

David slips down to 6th thankfully avoiding taking Rosie out. 🤩

RELEGATION 😱

👎17. Kirkley Krusaders.

👉18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Winnie escapes bottom 3 replaced by Jesh who had a mare 🐴 of a week. Don’t mention Toney. 😱

Although still finding themselves in the basement it was a good scoring week for Oz and Dazzy who forgot what league he was in. 🤪😛

DRONGO OFTHE WEEK 💩

Jesh and Kirkley Krusaders scoop the award this week with 57 points.

TOKENS

WILDCARD - Rosie.

BENCH BOOST - Oz.

I reckon the tokens left and when we play them could prove pivotal in deciding who wins the league.

Gameweek 22

Friday 3rd February

Team Sheets in by 6.30pm.

bongosdad
25-01-2023, 05:57 PM
Well done Sam. 👏

The Haarland situation is an interesting one. 🤔
Winnie whats you're thoughts

Thanks Rosie for a great update. 👍

picasso
29-01-2023, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the brilliant report Rosie. Top marks again!

Well done Sam. Definitely looking very dangerous now.

Re the Viking. I think you should do what you want given the outcome last time. Just remember he is up against the World number one keeper in one of his games :P

dazzyowen
31-01-2023, 04:28 PM
Thanks Rosie.. I’ll keep fighting to get off bottom 🤦*♂️🤣

MissWinnie
03-02-2023, 04:46 PM
Thank you so much Rosie for your brilliant reports. :heart:

Well done Sam - you've had a cracking few weeks! :star: I imagine the folks at the top will be verrry nervous right now! Hmm I think you'll be going for the triple? I think you won twice, but got an extra prize from Oz as you came second the year he won, so he gave you his prize ... You've won waaay to many times for my liking, regardless! XD I think you, Dazzy and HJ are all double winners ...

Bongo, re Harland. It's like cheating on your spouse - once is too much, whatever the circumstances! It's never okay so a big fat no from me! But I think you knew I'd say that. ;D

Just edited ... forgot to say Oz hasn't disappeared - he just can't log into his account atm ...

MissWinnie
03-02-2023, 04:59 PM
Have dug out the Roll of Honour from the basement and dusted it off :)

2012-13 Dazzy
2013-14 Honest John
2014-15 Arran
2015-16 David
2016-17 Honest John & Iwuz
2017-18 Dazzy
2018-19 Ozfan
2019-2020 Picasso
2020-21 Sam
2021-22 Sam

VillaRosie
09-02-2023, 02:08 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Four captains on view but with the double gameweek for Man U and Leeds, Haarland was ousted and Rashford was the new chosen one with 14 votes.

1. Rashford 40 points - Iwuz, Rosie, David, Picasso, Nuc, Bongo, Harry, BB, Jesh AND 60 points for smarties HJ, Gavin, Sam, Winnie and Oz who played their Triple Captain token.

2. Haarland 4 points - Liam, Gornal and Dazzy.

Joint last DeBruyne/Aaronson 2 points - TD and Yubby.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Putting a smile back on his face after Liverpool’s loss Gavin and Goals Aloud💥with 119💥mega points not only win their first award of the season they also obliterate the previous highest score of 108 achieved in gameweek 17 by Sam and his team.

👏👏👏👏👏

Runner up Oz and Ozstan Villa with 99 points.

Congratulations amazing scores.

TOP 6💥

👉1. Aston Lilla.

👍2. Goals Aloud.

👍3. Mings & Ings & Tings.

👎4. Detectorists.

👉5. Brum Tings.

👉6. McGinn & Tonic.

HJ still out in front but coming under pressure from Gavin who is only 12 points adrift in 2nd place.

Current Champ Sam showing his class up to 3rd.

Iwuz hitting the buffers down to 4th.

Rosie and David treading water in 5th and 6th places respectively fully aware of Picasso bubbling away in 7th and ready pounce at anytime.

RELEGATION 😱

👎17. TD Lions.

👉18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Dave’s lions have hit the skids and find themselves in relegation trouble.

There is now daylight between Oz and Dazzy but they still have a lot on their managerial plate to catch up.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK

First award of the season for Dave and his TD Lions with 21 points.

TOKENS

WILDCARD - Iwuz, Nuc, Bongo and Jesh.

TRIPLE CAPTAIN - HJ, Gavin, Sam, Winnie and Oz.

BENCH BOOST - Yubby.

Gameweek 23 - This is not going to be easy Captain wise 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Saturday 11th February - Team sheets in by 11am.

bongosdad
09-02-2023, 06:31 PM
Well done Gavin and Oz

Im saving my tripple captain for Haarland next week. Only joking.

Omg i haven't took a hit since the world cup. Im still confident i can claw back the lead though.

Great report Rosie 👏

samhubball
09-02-2023, 07:37 PM
Thanks for that Rosie, I didn't realise Gav had beaten my previous record. Glad I haven't told him!

Open and honesty in here, I am captaining Haaland because he is playing Arsenal and Villa. If he was just playing against us, I'd probably not.

MissWinnie
09-02-2023, 08:17 PM
A big well done to Gavin - awesome score - and Ozfan! :star: Going to be an exciting battle for 1st this year!

Big thanks for another tops report as always, Rosie! :star:!

Total transparency for those of us in the relegation battle - I won't be captaining Haaland or any Man City player! No decision needed ...

bongosdad
09-02-2023, 08:33 PM
Me too Winnie. Its a bit like owning up to murdering someone and saying its ok because ive been open and honest about it.

VillaRosie
16-02-2023, 01:48 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Our managers couldn’t put it off any longer the decision had to be made would they or wouldn’t they give Haarland the captain’s armband.

9 went with the golden one.

1 went with another City player.

9 went with an assortment of Arsenal players.

The result is in.

Joint 1st DeBruyne/Saka 30 points - TD, Gavin, Bongo, Rosie and Jesh.

3. Haarland 20 points - HJ, Sam, Iwuz, David, Nuc, Harry, Gornal, Yubby and Dazzy.

4. Nketiah 12 points - Picasso.

5. Martinelli 10 points - BB.

6. Oregaard 8 points - Winnie and Oz.

7. Saliba 6 points - Liam.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

HJ and Aston Lilla capture the award with 95 sumptuous points.

Runner up Bongo and Umbongo only 2 points adrift with 93 points.

Congratulations 👏👏👏👏👏

The first VMFL Fair Play Award recipient our guest Red Gavin. 😝😜🤪😛 👏👏👏

TOP 6

👉1. Aston Lilla.

👉2. Goals Aloud.

👉3. Mings & Ings & Tings.

👍4. McGinn & Tonic.

👉5. Brum Tings.

👎6. Detectorists.

Those 95 points earned by his team has given HJ some much needed breathing space by extending his lead over Gavin to 26 points.

Sam treading water in 3rd.

David’s back and up to 4th.

Rosie still floating along in 5th.

Our long time leader Iwuz hanging on to his top 6 status by the skin of his teeth down to 6th.

RELEGATION 😱

👉17. TD Lions.

👉18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

TD, Oz and Dazzy still sinking in the relegation bog.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩

It’s Liam and Aston Liam who get their hands on the award with 57 points.

TOKEN

WILDCARD - Yubby

Villa v Arsenal kick off Gameweek 24 on Saturday 18th February.

Team sheets in by 11am.

Man City have a Champions League game on Wednesday 22nd February so tricky decisions 🤔 will have to made.
Can we second guess Pep? Probably not.

MissWinnie
16-02-2023, 09:27 PM
Fabulous report as always, Rosie. We are lucky to have you. :heart: Thank you so much.

Well done Gavin on your VMFL Fair Play Award! :star:

bongosdad
17-02-2023, 09:19 PM
Fair play to anyone who had the balls and dignity not to captain Haarland.

Karma is a bitch isn't it

I would congratulate HJ but I'm not. However he is in the top 150.000 in the world so FAIR PLAY to that. All our top 6 are in the top 1 million and that's very decent. Most content creators on YouTube are scraping the top 1 million.

Top Report Rosie and spot on with your captain choice FAIR PLAY.

VillaRosie
20-02-2023, 05:00 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Four captains on view with the ‘Golden Wonder’ top managers pick with 14 votes.

1. Rashford 30 points - Only Gavin💥 showed any tactical nous by selecting the Magificient Marcus as Captain and there by leaving his fellow managers embarrassingly red faced. 😰😨

2. Kane 10 points - Iwuz, Picasso and Oz.

Joint last our 2 Man City disasters DeBruyne/Haarland 4 points 😱 - TD, HJ, Sam, David, Rosie, Nuc, Bongo, Harry, BB, Jesh, Winnie, Yubby, Liam, Gornal and Dazzy.

Congratulations go to Gavin and Goals Aloud securing the award with an imperious 66💥 points.

Runner up Harry and Harribos Fangtastics with 59 points.

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Aston Lilla.

👉2. Goals Aloud.

👉4. McGinn & Tonic.

👉5. Brum Tings.

👉6. Detectorists.

HJ’s tenure as league leader coming under severe threat with Gavin now only 4 points adrift in 2nd place.

It was not only the top 6 that where left treading water this week so where our other teams apart from Gornal who managed to climb from 16th to joint 15th with Liam.

RELEGATION 💩

👉17. TD Lions.

👉18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 😱💩

Dave secures the award again with 34 points.

TOKENS

WILDCARD - Gornal.

Gameweek 25 Friday 24th February.

Team Sheets by 6.30pm.

Another difficult gameweek for our managers to negotiate. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

MissWinnie
20-02-2023, 07:24 PM
Thanks once again Rosie - top report!

Congrats to Gavin - great captain choice - and Harry. :star:

Thought I had good chance of the Drongo award this week when I first looked at my score so just happy to have escaped that dubious honour!

picasso
23-02-2023, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the write up Rosie. Always hugely appreciated. Things are getting interesting now that Haarland doesn’t seems to necessarily be the automatic captain choice. We should start to see a bigger variety of points scored.

bongosdad
24-02-2023, 02:59 PM
Well done Gavin and Harry👍

I agree Picasso and will be more interesting now Haarland isn't the only option. This could make a big difference in potential scores if you get it right.

Cheers Rosie and thank you so much 😀👍

TrianonDave
25-02-2023, 06:20 PM
I have thrown the towell in, so rubbish....🤡

ozfan
26-02-2023, 01:12 AM
TD keep battling away even dazzy and I are still trying to shovel out of relegation although I am standing on his helmet right now.

Hey Rosie, thank you for your awesome updates. Hope you’re doing ok. Not been able to log in until now.

VillaRosie
02-03-2023, 02:08 PM
Firstly welcome back to Oz after his enforced sabbatical due to logging on problems. We have missed your droll sense of humour.😜

Also after thinking TD had gone on gardening leave he has returned ‘sort of’ to hopefully steer the Lions through their battle with relegation. 😜

CAPTAINS WATCH 👁👁

SEVEN captains on view which has been unheard of for months.

Top managers pick Salah with 7 votes.

1. van Dijk 48 points - Picasso💥 pulled a rabbit 🐰 out of the hat with his cunning master plan to give van Dijk the captains armband.👏👏👏👏👏

2. Saka 30 points - Gavin, Rosie and Jesh.

3. Salah/Odegaard 22 points - HJ, Sam, Bongo, BB, Winnie, Yubby, Oz, Iwuz, Harry and Liam.

5. Haarland 20 points - Nuc, Gornal and Dazzy.

6. Nketiah 10 points - David.

7. Edouard 2 points - TD.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

With a 118💥 glittering points and scooping their 2nd award of the season congratulations go to BB💥 and the Moseley Villans.
Just shy of Gavin’s all time record of 119 points achieved in week 22.

Runner up Picasso with 112 points.

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6💥

👉1. Aston Lilla.

👉2. Goals Aloud.

👍4. Detectorists.

👍5. Cubist Masterpiece.

👎6. Brum Tings.

Our top 3 are cool as cucumbers 🥒 showing no signs of buckling under pressure.

Iwuz back in business and up to 4th.

Picasso on fire 🔥 flying up to 5th.

Rosie has finally moved after moaning about treading water these past weeks but shockingly (for Rosie 😱 ) it’s downward to 6th.

RELEGATION 😱

👉17. TD Lions

👉18. Ozstan Villa

👉19. Barmy Army.

Our relegation contenders fighting to preserve their managerial reputations.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩

Wretched week for David and McGinn & Tonic. With 54 points they secure their first award of the season. 😰

TOKENS

WILDCARD - BB

FREE HIT - Jesh.

GAMEWEEK 26

Saturday 4th March

Team sheets in by 11am

MissWinnie
02-03-2023, 08:16 PM
Another brilliant report, Rosie! :star: Thank you so much x

Well done Picasso! A wily tactical captain decision! :star: I also see the Big Beast of VMFL is back! BB junior is also giving me headaches at the moment with his awesome score this week! My new nemesis! ;D

TD - Oz is right - don't give up. The relegation battle is just as exciting as the FL Champions League scrap! I didn't give up even when I lost my team half way through the season and had to create a new one! Weirdly I really enjoyed it! :)

Loving that the captain isn't obvious at the moment and a clever tactical decision can bring great rewards - makes it more exciting!

VillaRosie
02-03-2023, 09:12 PM
Did you know there are various Cup matches taking place?

It’s a fluke I only found out because I looked which week the VM Fantasy Cup started only to find I have been knocked out of 3 others but still by some miracle in the Aston Villa Cup. Looks like I’m against a Fantasy League expert next gameweek.

Nearly forgot VM Fantasy League starts gameweek 34.

If you want to look at the Cup results. Go to your teams points page.

Look on the right and scroll down till after the Villa badge.

You will see leagues and cups just click on cups and all will be revealed.

bongosdad
03-03-2023, 12:29 PM
Well done BB and Picasso amazing scores👍

When you said you are playing an expert in the cup I though we were playing against me? I did check and I'm also still in that cup. I wouldn't have checked if you didn't mention it. Who is the expert?

Awesome report Rosie and thank you 👊

picasso
03-03-2023, 04:23 PM
Thanks for yet another top notch report Rosie.

Just wish I’d triple captained the blighter now!

Villa_Jesh
03-03-2023, 07:31 PM
Haha BB Junior �� thanks for another great write up Rosie. Seems like the Krusaders have finally got their act together!

VillaRosie
07-03-2023, 06:28 PM
I have been delaying writing the update because as we delve into the winners and losers of week 26 it becomes clear Rosie is most definitely not a happy bunny. 🐰😱😰

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Unbelievably 6 captains on view with Haarland back in favour, with 10 of our managers voting him top pick.

1. Salah 42 points - only our 2 antipodean managers Yubby💥 and Oz💥 had the foresight to give him the armband.

2. Haarland 8 points - Gavin, Iwuz, David, Nuc, Bongo, BB, Harry, Jesh, Gornal, Dazzy.

3. Saka/Martinelli/Odegaard 4 points - HJ, Sam, Rosie, Winnie, Picasso, Liam.

6. Mitrovic 2 points - TD.

MANAGERS OF THE WEEK 🏆

Yubby with Injury Prone 2nd XL and Oz with Ozstan Villa share the spoils this week with 75💥 rippa points along with a special mention for Magic Mo who scored those welcome 42 points. 👏👏👏👏👏

Runner up BB and Moseley Villans 64 points.

TOP 6💥

👉1. Aston Lilla.

👉2. Goals Aloud.

👍4. Cubist Masterpiece.

👎5. Detectorists.

👉6. Brum Tings.

Our top 3 still grinding out the results.🤩

Definitely the Wind Beneath My Wings for Picasso as he soars up to 4th place ✈️ with a deflated Iwuz sinking to 5th.

After my crap week 💩I honestly do not know how I am still surviving in 6th place. 😰🤔

RELEGATION 😨😱

👉17. TD Lions.

👉18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

TD and Oz are circling Liam in 16th place.

Dazzy somewhat adrift mostly due to his late start.

DRONGO 🐴💩

I thought I was in trouble when I looked at the scores Saturday. A truly horrendous Man U type performance by the Tings. So with 27 mortifying points Brum Tings and Rosie claim their first award of the season. 💩💩💩💩💩

Anyway we go again.

Gameweek 27 - Saturday 11th March - Team sheets in by 11am.

MissWinnie
07-03-2023, 10:34 PM
Well done Rosie :star: It takes a Lioness to do an update after a bad week. I bet all the guys would just sulk. ;D

Nearly as painful is having to congratulate Oz and Yubbs! :blue: Note neither of them congratulated me on my World Cup Win! I never forget! :P Seriously guys, awesome captain choice and well deserved award. BB continuing his run of good form too!

Looks like I'm drifting back down stream to the murky relegation waters. Not helped by Ozfan's recent good form!

bongosdad
08-03-2023, 05:18 PM
Well done yubs and oz.

Unlucky Rosie and also with your cup match. The person who beat you got 33 points. I'm out too but the person who beat me got over 100 points.

Onwards and upwards eh and cheers Rosie

picasso
09-03-2023, 01:41 PM
Thanks Rosie. Blinding report again. You’ll come roaring back this week I’m sure. I’m due a bad one.

VillaRosie
16-03-2023, 02:21 PM
What a glorious gameweek number 27 turned out to be. 😜🤪😛😝

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Seven captains on view with Toney just pipping Mitoma and Haarland to the armband with 5 votes to their 4 votes.

1. Toney/Kane 26 points - Rosie, David, Yubby, Winnie, Oz and Iwuz.

3. Mitoma 24 points - Gavin, Sam, Picasso and Nuc.

4. Haarland 12 points - Harry, Gornal, Liam and Dazzy.

5. March 11 points - Bongo and Jesh.

6. Rashford 6 points - HJ and BB.

7. DeBruyne 2 points - TD

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

After putting last weeks dire/crap performance well and truly behind them Rosie and Brum Tings claim their 2nd award of the season with 107 magifico points.💥

Runner up Gavin and Girls Aloud with 97 points.

Well played us even if I say so myself. 🤪😜😝 👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👍1. Goals Aloud.

👎2. Aston Lilla.

👉4. Cubist Masterpiece.

👍5. Brum Tings.

👎6. Detectorists.

Has Gavin decided the time is right to push for Fantasy League glory as he ousts our long time leader HJ from top spot. 😝

HJ down to 2nd is his cunning plan to lull Gavin into a false sense of security. 🤔

Sam stuck in the bog a none mover in 3rd place.😩

Picasso joins him in said bog also a none mover in 4th place.😩

Rosie probably for one week only rises Phoenix like to 5th place booting 🥾 Iwuz downwards. 🤪

Iwuz landing with a thump in 6th place.😱

RELEGATION 😱

👎17. Aston Liam.

👎18. TD Lions.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Oz has flown the coop of relegation leaving his son Liam in danger. 💩

TD seems to have gone MIA. 😨

Dazzy struggling but he has got an valid excuse.😨😜

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 🐴💩

It’s Dave and his Lions again that are the recipients with 37 points.

Gameweek 28.

Friday 17th March.

MissWinnie
16-03-2023, 06:41 PM
Well done Rosie!! Picasso was right - you certainly roared back this week! I bet you enjoyed writing this report. :D :star:

Congrats also to runner up Gavin, and Ozfan on digging his way out of relegation! :star:

picasso
18-03-2023, 01:19 PM
Glorious indeed Rosie. Congratulations and well done. Fab report as usual.

The next two game weeks are a real conundrum and could well see some unexpected movements up and down our league.

VillaRosie
20-03-2023, 05:01 PM
Captain watch 👁👁

Decisions, decisions 🤔 yet another difficult week giving our managers nightmares deciding who should be the recipient of the armband.

Top managers pick Kane with 7 votes.

1. Saka 36 points - Only Winnie 💥 smashed it with her outstanding tactical decision to give the armband to Saka.

2. Harvertz 16 points - Harry.

3. Kane 12 points - HJ, Sam, Rosie, Iwuz, David, Jesh and Gornal.

4. Watkins 10 points - Bongo and BB.

4 way tie for last place Toney/Odegaard/Gabriel/Pope - Gavin, Yubby, Oz, Liam, Picasso, Nuc, Pope.

Zero points for TD both his Captain and Vice Captain never made it onto the pitch. 😩

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Congratulations to Winnie 💥 and her Warrioresses who as we speak are busy dusting their trophy cabinet and making room for their second award of the season with 72💥wunderbar points.

Runner up David and McGinn and Tonic with 61 points.

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Goals Aloud.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👍4. Brum Tings.

👍5. Detectoristes.

👎6. Cubist Masterpiece.

Our top 3 are still bog bound and keeping their tactics and tokens hidden under their hats. 🎩🎩🎩

Rosie claws her way past Picasso up to 4th. 🙏🏼

Iwuz also claws his way past Picasso up to 5th. 🤪

Not a good week for our Artist who experiences a setback in his campaign. Nothing too serious though will soon have his team back fighting fit. 😩

RELEGATION 💩

👉17. Aston Liam.

👉18. TD Lions.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Treading water 💦 but it’s looking ominous for our bottom 3.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK. 😱🐴

Liam and Aston Liam collect the Drongo with 16 points.

TOKENS

FREE HIT - David

WILDCARD - Harry

Only 10 Gameweeks left to play before our Champ is crowned.

Fantasy League returns with a bumper gameweek 29 on Saturday 1st April.

April Fool Team Sheets in by 11am.

Many thanks for your kind comments. 😍🥰🤩😂

MissWinnie
20-03-2023, 09:11 PM
Always an extra joy to read when I've got a coveted MoW medal AND got past Yubbs! :D Thank you so much as always, Rosie! :star:

Congrats to David! :star:

As Picasso said, next game week is going to be exciting!

picasso
24-03-2023, 07:34 PM
Sorry, a bit late with this this. Congratulations Winnie for steering a steady path through that week. Both my keepers seem to have been dropped which doesn’t bode well!

Thanks once again Rosie. Top notch as usual.

bongosdad
26-03-2023, 06:28 PM
Sorry been struggling to log on. Can't do it on my mobile?

Well done winnie great captain choice. Top score 👍

Great report as always Rosie😀

MissWinnie
27-03-2023, 08:22 PM
Cheers Picasso and Bongo :D

Bongo, Oz is struggling to login again too, hence him being quiet again ... Small mercies. O:)

VillaRosie
06-04-2023, 05:23 PM
Tension mounting as we reach the business end of the season.

Every decision crucial.

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Nine players given the armband in this tension filled gameweek with Rashford top managers pick with 8 votes.

1. Ollie 34 points💥 - Only Iwuz💥was brave enough to select our super Villan.

2. Mitoma 28 points - Sam, Rosie and Picasso.

3. DeBruyne - 26 points - TD.

4. Rashford 24 points - Gavin, David, Nuc, Harry, BB, Jesh, Winnie and Liam.

5. Toney 22 points - Oz.

6. MacAllister 18 points - Bongo.

7. Pope 16 points - Dazzy.

8. Kane 14 points - Gornal.

9. Fernandes 8 points - HJ and Yubby.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Amazingly there were 13 managers exceeding over 💯 plus points.

However congratulations to our tactical genius aka Welsh Wizard aka Bongo💥 and Umbongo for conjuring up a spellbinding 145 points.

Congratulations also to runner up Nuc with McGinn Fizz only 4 points adrift with 141 points.

👏👏👏👏👏 Spectacular scores guys.

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Goals Aloud.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👉4. Brum Tings.

👉5. Detectorists.

👉6. Cubist Masterpiece.

Unbelievably after going up and down like yo-yo’s come the completion of Gameweek 29 we are all back where we started. 🤪😜😛

I have got to mention Bongo who is flying up to 7th and looking to take down any team showing weakness. 😱

We have a family battle brewing between Jesh in 10th and his Dad the Fantasy League Legend BB in 11th.

RELEGATION 💩

👍17. TD Lions.

👎18. Aston Liam.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Great week for Dave whose still fighting having returned to sort his team out.

Liam not completely cut adrift.

Dazzy up the creek without a paddle.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 🐴💩

With 85 points it’s unbelievable that Harry and Harribos Fangtastics have secured the award.

TOKENS

With Gameweek 29 you just knew managers would be searching for their Bench Boost Token.

Gavin, HJ, Rosie, Bongo, Nuc, Jesh, Winnie and Liam.

Thankfully looks like 2 normal Gameweeks to follow.

Gameweek 30

Saturday 8th April.

Team Sheets in by 11am.

Gameweek 31

Saturday 15th April.

Team Sheets in by 11am.

MissWinnie
06-04-2023, 06:27 PM
Wow what a week! Big well done to Bongo and Nuc and all the 100 clubbers! :star: You know it's been an amazing week when you get a Drongo for 85 points!

Thanks again for another awesome report, Rosie! :star:

bongosdad
07-04-2023, 08:23 PM
Cheers Rosie and Winnie.

My season is a bit like Villas. Crap start to the season but now chasing Europe with a chance of top 4.

Fab report Rosie.

VillaRosie
10-04-2023, 04:04 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Five captains on view including the welcome return of the Scandinavian goal scoring machine Haarland who immediately resumed his position as our managers top pick with 7 votes.

However foolishly some of us convinced Pep playing us and pulling a fast one chose rather stupidly at our peril to ignore his news.

1. Haarland 24 points - Gavin, Picasso, Bongo, David, BB, Winnie and Dazzy.

2. Kane/DeBruyne 18 points - Nuc and TD.

4. Ollie 14 points - Sam, Iwuz and Jesh.

5. Rashford 12 points - Rosie, Harry, Yubby, Oz and Liam.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Gornal with Yam Yam Villa collect their second award of the season with 84 🤩bostin points.

Runner up HJ and Aston Lilla with 78 points.

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6💥

👉1. Goals Aloud.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👍4. Umbongo.

👉5. Detectorists.

👉6. Cubist Masterpiece.

Only two teams in our league changed places. Bongo catapulted up to 4th place after a direct hit on a furious Rosie 😱😨sending her and her bottlers plummeting down to 7th.

RELEGATION 💩😱

👉17. TD Lions.

👉18. Aston Liam.

👉19. Barmy Army.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 🐴💩

Yubby and Injury Prone 2nd XL claim the award this week with 43 points.

TOKEN

WILDCARD - David.

GAMEWEEK 31

Saturday 15th April.
Team sheets in by 11am.

GAMEWEEK 32

Friday 21st April.

MissWinnie
10-04-2023, 07:22 PM
Thank you for another top report, Rosie! :star:

Well done Gornal and HJ. :star:

bongosdad
15-04-2023, 02:36 PM
Well done Gornal

Yes I'm charging up the table with Sam in my sights now.

Top report Rosie

VillaRosie
19-04-2023, 12:15 PM
Tension mounting. Who has the stamina to hang on till the bitter end and lift the VMFL Cup? 🏆

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Only 4 captains on view with Haarland as per usual voted the top managers pick with 14 votes.

1. Haarland 24 points - Gavin, HJ, Bongo, Iwuz, Picasso, Rosie, David, Nuc, BB, Winnie, Yubby, Oz, Liam and Dazzy.

2. DeBruyne 16 points - TD.

3. Grealish 14 points - Harry.

4. Kane 4 points - Sam, Jesh and Gornal.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

It’s congratulations on a top podium finish for HJ 💥and Aston Lilla 💥with 90 💥monumental points.

Joint runners up with 86 points Bongo with Umbongo and Winnie with Warrioresses Win.

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6💥

👉1. Goals Aloud.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👉4. Umbongo.

👉5. Detectorists.

👍6. McGinn & Tonic.

Those 90 points from HJ in 2nd place sees him chasing down our under pressure leader Gavin. 🤩

Bongo in 4th also in the ascendancy and closing in on Sam in 3rd place. 🤩

Iwuz maintains 5th position. 🤩

David back with the elite group in 6th place at the expense of Picasso who drops to 7th. 🤩

RELEGATION 😨👎

👉17. TD Lions. 🦁

👉18. Aston Liam.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Dave has sparked some life back into the Lions. Can the yet escape the drop?

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩🐴

Gornal with Yam Yam Villa are the recipients this week with 49 points.

A huge let off for Rosie, Senior Hubball Sam and Junior Hubball Harry who had 51 points.

GAMEWEEK 32

Friday 21st April

Team Sheets in by 6.30pm

GAMEWEEK 33

Tuesday 25th April

Team Sheets in by 6pm.

picasso
19-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Many many thanks once again Rosie for playing your huge part in making this an exciting competition.

Congratulations to HJ. Bongo has had a tremendous couple of weeks taking full advantage of the double game week and pushing on from there. I failed dismally in not looking ahead and am again in difficulty with missing players again this week. Never been one for forward planning.

bongosdad
19-04-2023, 09:50 PM
Well done HJ and thanks for your kind words Picasso. My problem is I do to many transfers and have not patents. Once I calm down and just relax a bit I'm world class.

Cheers Rosie you are awesome

MissWinnie
20-04-2023, 06:17 PM
Brilliant as always, Rosie! :star: Thank you so much for all you do for us. :heart:

Congrats to HJ :star: with Bongo casting himself as the Comeback Kid - a late charge up the ladder like last year!

I'm a mix of Bongo and Picasso - I'm also impatient to get my team as I would like it, costing me so many points, and resulting in the the mess I got myself into early this season, which I've been struggling to escape. Like Picasso, I'm also a bad forward planner, resulting in more costly transfers! On the rare occasion I think ahead, my thoughtful transfer usually gets injured!

Going to be an exciting end to the season up at the top!

VillaRosie
24-04-2023, 03:47 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

With 8 captains on view and our favourite Scandinavian unavailable for selection 6 of our managers turned the clock back and chose a former favourite Salah a their top pick.

1. Saka 26 points - Gavin💥, Picasso💥 and Harry💥. 👍

2. Martinelli 18 points - Nuc and Yubby.

3. Salah 14 points - Bongo, Iwuz, David, Rosie, Winnie and TD.

4. Kane 12 points - Sam & Gornal.

5. Alexander Arnold 10 points - HJ.

6. Watkins/Jesus 4 points - BB, Jesh, Dazzy and Oz.

8.Gabriel 2 points - Liam.

MANAGER OF THE WEEk 🏆

So close this week but Yubby and Injury Prone 2nd Xl had a bit more left in the tank as they sprinted over the line first with 68 triumphant points💥 winning their 2nd award of the season.

Surrounding the ref asking for a VAR review runner up Gavin and Goals Aloud with 67 points. 💥 😛😜🤪

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Goals Aloud.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👍4. McGinn & Tonic.

👉5. Detectorists.

👎6. Umbongo.

Our 2 protagonists standing toe to toe slugging it out 🥊 its advantage Gavin however HJ is only 13 points adrift making for a tense finish to the season.

Can Sam put the cat 🐱 amongst the pigeons and surprise the both of them with a late run.

David up to 4th having given Bongo the boot. 🥾

Iwuz motionless in 5th place.

The comeback kid has suffered a reversal of form and is unceremoniously booted down to 6th. Can Bongo recover?

I think 4th place is cursed. 🤪😛😜

RELEGATION 💩

👉17. TD Lions.

👉18. Aston Liam.

👉19. Barmy Army.

The plus size lady is warming up Dazzy looks all at sea.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK. 😰😱

Dazzy and the Barmy Army scoop the award with 29 points. 😨

TOKENS

FREE HIT - Oz

I think we are saving them for a certain Gameweek 🤔🤫🤔
which will see us scrabbling for them. 😎🤓

Gameweek 33

Tuesday 25th April - Team sheets in by 6pm.

Gameweek 34

Saturday 29th April - Team sheets in by 11am.

The Villa Mad Cup also starts on Gameweek 34 with the draw made on completion of Gameweek 33

samhubball
24-04-2023, 04:21 PM
Thank you Rosie, great write up as always. There's some twists and turns still to come and I'm sure Gavin is quaking

MissWinnie
24-04-2023, 05:44 PM
Awesome Rosie, Thank you! :star: I laughed at the plus size lady comment!

Well done to Yubbs (still hurts, bro :D) and Gavin! :star:

Sadly I was greedy (ok desperate) for points earlier on in the season so no chips left for said gameweek!

VillaRosie
28-04-2023, 01:09 PM
At the time of writing the draw for the Villamad Cup has not been made so I will keep an eye on the eagerly awaited proceedings.

👁 CAPTAIN WATCH 👁

9 captains given the honour of leading their team. With the gloriously maned Haarland top managers pick with 10 votes.

1. DeBruyne 38 points - TD💥 strikes gold with a phenomenal display from his captain.

2. Haarland 28 points - Gavin, HJ, Sam, Picasso, Rosie, Winnie, BB, Gornal, Oz, Dazzy.

3. Kane 22 points - Liam.

4. Fernandes 10 points - Yubby.

5. Salah/Watkins/Saka 4 points - David, Iwuz, Bongo, Harry.

Joint last Martinelli/Jota 2 points - Nuc and Jesh.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Amazing scoring from our teams. 👏👏👏👏👏

Bit of a squash but sharing a top podium finish this week with 84💥points Super Sam with Mings & Ings & Tings💥 and Dazzling Dazzy with the Barmy Army.💥

Runner up Wondrous Winnie and Warrioresses Win with 80 points.💥

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Goals Aloud.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👍4. Cubist Masterpiece.

👎5. McGinn & Tonic.

👉6. Umbongo.

Pressure building on Gavin 🤪 with HJ closing to within 11 points. 😜

Gears might be grinding but Sam still pushing the pedal to the metal after a magnificent point haul sees him 58 and 47 points respectively adrift of mate Gavin and HJ. 👏👏

Picasso’s turn in 4th place. 😛😜

David down to 5th. 😨

Bongo sedentary in 6th. 😨

RELEGATION 💩

👉17. TD Lions.

👉18. Aston Liam.

👉19. Barmy Army.

TD closing in on Gornal and great scoring week for Dazzy. 🤪😜

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 💩🐴

Not only do Iwuz and the Detectorists secure the award with 30 points to add insult to injury they lose their place in the top 6.

No tokens played this week.

GAMEWEEK 34 - Saturday 29th April - Team sheets in by 11am.

GAMEWEEK 35. - Saturday 6th May - Team sheets in by 1.30 pm.

MissWinnie
28-04-2023, 05:51 PM
Tops report again, Rosie! A big thank you from me! :star:

Well done Sam and Dazzy - two double champs showing their class with the Haaland/KDB combination! :star: Good choice of captain Dave too! :star:

It's going to be an exciting gameweek! I'll no doubt be chastising myself for polishing off my chips early though! XD

Good luck everyone! x

VillaRosie
28-04-2023, 09:14 PM
Gameweek 34 - Round 1

Only 3 fixtures pulled out the hat. 🎩

The remaining 13 teams given byes based on their Gameweek 33 points total.

Detectorists v Injury Prone 2nd X1

Harribos Fangtastics v McGinn & Tonic

Kirkley Krusaders v McGinn Fizz

Best of luck guys. 🍀 🤞

dazzyowen
28-04-2023, 10:16 PM
Great stuff Rosie, ooh I’m a bit closer to getting off bottom 🤦*♂️🤣

VillaRosie
05-05-2023, 01:40 PM
VILLAMAD CUP

Six of our teams have been in round 1 action.

The results are in:-

Detectorists 103 v 94 Injury Prone 2nd XL

Harribos Fangtastics 35 v 105 McGinn & Tonic

Kirkley Krusaders 58 v 98 McGinn Fizz

Congratulations Iwuz, David and Nuc through to Gameweek 35 second round draw and commiserations to Yubby, Harry and Jesh.

No fixtures available as yet so will keep an 👁️ out for the proceedings.

CAPTAIN WATCH 👀

Only 3 captains on view and naturally our favourite Norseman was voted top pick with a whopping 17 votes.

1. Salah 36 points TD - Actually TD’s Captain was DeBruyne and with good fortune or a stroke of luck Dave chose Salah as Vice Captain. 😛🤪

2. Haarland 32 points - Gavin, HJ, Sam, David, Iwuz, Rosie, Winnie, BB, Jesh, Yubby, Oz, Gornal, Liam Dazzy and a mega 48 points for Picasso, Bongo and Nuc who played their Triple Captain Token 💥💥💥💥💥

3. Robertson 4 points - Harry. 😨

MANAGER OF THE WEEK AWARD.

Bongo and Umbongo with a megawatt 122 💥 points secure a top podium finish this week

Runner up Oz and Ozstan Villa with a mammoth 118 points.

👏👏👏👏👏

Amazing scores there where 9 teams with a 💯 plus points.

I feel an immediate induction into the GIT HALL OF FAME should be a certain Mr Shaw 🤡🤡🤡for the crap hand of Luke. 🤡🤡🤬🥵

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Goals Aloud.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👉4. Cubist Masterpiece.

👍5. Umbongo.

👎6. McGinn & Tonic.

Gavin has some breathing space opening up a 34 point lead over HJ.😛

Sam treading water in 3rd.😛

Picasso holding firm in 4th with huge thanks due to a certain Arsenal Viking Odegaard strategically placed on the bench with 15 points stepping in for DeBruyne 👏👏👏

Bongo ascends to 5th and David descends to 6th. 🤪

RELEGATION 💩

👉17. TD Lions.

👉18. Aston Liam.

👉20. Barmy Army.

Our relegation contenders all remaining bogged down. 💩

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 🐴

I think Harry’s on the beach daydreaming about his holiday 🏀 🏝️ because with 35 points he and Harribos Fangtastics scoop the award.

TOKENS

TRIPLE CAPTAIN - Picasso, Bongo and Nuc.

BENCH BOOST - Sam and David.

FREE HIT - Rosie.

WILDCARD - Oz.

GAMEWEEK 35

Saturday 6th May - Team Sheets in by 1.30pm.

GAMEWEEK 36

Saturday 13th May - Team Sheets in by 11am.

VillaRosie
05-05-2023, 04:46 PM
Gameweek 35 - Round 2

Tie of the round - Mings & Ings & Tings v Umbongo

Aston Liam v Aston Lilla

Brum Tings v Barmy Army

Cubist Masterpiece v McGinn Fizz

Detectorists v TD Lions

Goals Aloud v McGinn & Tonic

Moseley Villans v Warrioresses Win

Ozstan Villa v Yam Yam Villa

MissWinnie
05-05-2023, 10:43 PM
Thank you for another awesome report as always, and a great score for you as well! :D :star:

Well done Bongo and Ozfan! :star:

Last time BB and I met in the VM Cup it was in the final at Wembley! Looking forward to the match! :D

ozfan
06-05-2023, 03:52 AM
Cracking read Rosie. Sweaty palms for our leaders with Gav hanging on for dear life. A quick hello for Aston (gobby) Liam who thought the season was only 15 games long.

picasso
06-05-2023, 08:13 AM
Haha well spotted Rosie. For once I was grateful to Pep for not putting De Bruyne on the bench and giving him a run out for five minutes.

Thanks for yet another comprehensive report. Absolutely brilliant.

bongosdad
08-05-2023, 11:38 AM
Cheers Rosie great report.

VillaRosie
09-05-2023, 04:10 PM
VILLAMAD CUP 🏆

Second round results

Aston Liam 54 v 31 Aston Lilla

Brum Tings 37 v 22 Barmy Army

Cubist Masterpiece 29 v 29 McGinn Fizz

Detectorists 44 v 45 TD Lions

Goals Aloud 32 v 48 McGinn & Tonic

Mings & Ings & Tings 34 v 28 Umbongo

Moseley Villans 36 v 20 Warrioresses Win

Ozstan Villa 36 v 28 Yam Yam Villa

Congratulations to our quarterfinalists 👏and hard luck to our plucky losers 😨

Liam
Rosie
Nuc - Through on fewer goals conceded
TD
David
Sam
BB
Oz

Quarterfinal draw to follow in due course.

GAMEWEEK 35

What an total disaster I can’t remember such a low scoring week.

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁️👁️

Top pick as always the Viking with 16 votes. His body was on the pitch but his mind was definitely on a beach somewhere. 🥵

1. Salah 20 points - Well played David avoiding Haarland this week.

2. DeBruyne 6 points - TD.

3. Haarland 4 points - Remaining managers.

4. Watkins 2 points - Harry.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Congratulations go to Liam💥 and Aston Liam 💥who are the top podium finishers with 54 hard earned points in what was a very difficult week.

Runner up with 48 points David with McGinn & Tonic.

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Goals Aloud.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👍4. McGinn & Tonic.

👎5. Cubist Masterpiece.

👎6. Umbongo.

Our top three remaining static.

David up to 4th with both Picasso and Bongo slipping down to 5th and 6th respectively.

RELEGATION 💩

👉17. TD Lions.

👉18. Aston Liam.

👉19. Barmy Army.

TD in with a chance of catching Gornal in 16th place.

Liam and Dazzy’s fate looking virtually sealed.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 🐴💩

Desperate week for Yubby and Injury Prone 2nd Xl as the secure they award with 20 points.

GAMEWEEK 36
Saturday 13th May
Team Sheets in by 11am

GAMEWEEK 37
Saturday 20th May
Team Sheets in by 11am.

GAMEWEEK 38
Sunday 28th May
Team sheets in by 3pm.

MissWinnie
09-05-2023, 07:00 PM
I can't say it was a great read this week Rosie! XD But expertly written as always - thank you so much!

What a horrible week! Some unexpected scores but I guess it keeps us on our toes and the twists and turns make it interesting!

Well done to BB. Always fun to play your team! Good luck in the next round!

Congratulations to Liam and David! :star: I think Liam's dad might have fired him up after cheeky comments last week. :D

And Yubby. :D

VillaRosie
10-05-2023, 10:18 AM
Gameweek 36 - Quarterfinal

Brum Tings v McGinn Fizz

Aston Liam v TD Lions

McGinn & Tonic v Mings & Ings & Tings

Moseley Villa v Ozstan Villa

*The father son battle between Liam and Oz avoided* 🤪😋

VillaRosie
19-05-2023, 12:58 PM
VILLAMAD CUP

Quarterfinal Results

A couple of nail biting finishes on a par with Sheffield Wednesday v Peterborough ⚽️🤪

McGinn & Tonic 75 v 74 Mings & Ings & Tings

Brum Tings 89 v 86 McGinn Fizz

TD Lions 68 v 52 Aston Liam

Ozstan Villa 95 v 64 Moseley Villa

Our victors eagerly awaiting the Semifinal draw and hard cheese to our valiant losers.

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁️👁️

Most of our managers turned to Newcastle players for their choice of captain however Haarland with 8 votes was still voted managers favourite.

1. Wilson 48 points - Only Gavin and Harry had the sense to give him the armband.

2. Salah 24 points - TD.

3. Trippier 22 points - Yubby.

4. Haarland/Isak 14 points - HJ, Iwuz, Nuc, Jesh, Oz, Liam, Dazzy, David, Picasso, Bongo, Rosie, Winnie, BB, and 21 points for Gornal who played his Triple Captain token.

6. Joelinton 8 points - Sam.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Congratulations to Gavin and Goals Aloud 💥who strolled to victory with a mammoth 139 💥points.👏👏👏👏👏

Joint runners up Oz with Ozstan Villa and Harry with Harribos Fangtastics with a non too shabby 99 points. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6💥

👉1. Goals Aloud.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👉4. McGinn & Tonic.

👍5. Umbongo.

👎6. Cubist Masterpiece.

Could this be the defining week where we start organising the anointing of our next VMFL king.👑
Gavin, after a superb week and with only 2 game weeks left is 108 points ahead of nearest challenger HJ in 2nd place.

Sam and David entrenched in 3rd and 4th place respectively.

Bongo ascends to 5th whilst Picasso descends to 6th.

RELEGATION 😨😱

👉17. TD Lions.

👉18. Aston Liam.

👉19. Barmy Army.

There is still a chance TD could catch Gornal.

However all hope looks extinguished for Liam and Dazzy.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK. 💩

Liam and Aston Liam secure the award with 52 points. Just pipping Jesh and Kirkley Krusaders.

TOKENS

Bench Boost - Picasso.

TRIPLE CAPTAIN - Gornal.

GAMEWEEK 37

May 20th

Team sheets in by 11am.

MissWinnie
19-05-2023, 05:13 PM
Wow well done Gavin! Absolutely amazing score! :star: It just goes to show you should never give up in FPL. I know Gavin's been in the lead for ages but for those of us lower down it helps keep the belief alive that one good game can change everything! Very inspiring.

Congrats also to Ozfan and Harry too! :star:

Bad luck this week Liam. I'm sure your dad won't say anything! O:) Giggles

Looking forward to seeing the semi final draws!

Thank you for another brilliant read Rosie! :star:

VillaRosie
20-05-2023, 10:27 AM
Gameweek 37 - Semifinal

Brum Tings v McGinn & Tonic

TD Lions v Ozstan Villa

TrianonDave
21-05-2023, 07:59 AM
I made the semi final? Wow.😉

samhubball
22-05-2023, 07:54 AM
Good luck lads!

VillaRosie
26-05-2023, 01:00 PM
VILLAMAD CUP 🏆

Semifinal Results

Brum Tings 55 v 74 McGinn & Tonic

TD Lions 35 v 45 Ozstan Villa

Congratulations to our winners 👏👏👏

Whilst our losers are off to drown their sorrows and dream of what might have been.

The final showdown on Sunday David’s McGinn & Tonic v Oz’s Ozstan Villa.

👏👏👏👏👏

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁️👁️

The penultimate review of the season.

I don’t think you needed to be a mind reader to know what Pep would do when the gormless Gooners 🤡 handed Man City the title served on a silver platter. 🤬

Four captains on view and as usual the Viking was top pick with 16 votes.

1. Eriksen 28 points - Well played Picasso. 👏👏👏

2. Fernandes 22 points - Harry. 👏👏

3. Haarland 12 points and 18 points for David and Rosie who played their Triple Captain token. 🤬🤬🤬

4. DeBruyne 4 points - TD.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

David with McGinn & Tonic scoop the award with 74 sensational points.💥

Joint runners up Bongo and Umbongo and Nuc with McGinn & Fizz with 73 points.

TOP 6💥

👉1. Goals Aloud.

👉2. Aston Lilla.

👉4. McGinn & Tonic.

👍5. Cubist Masterpiece.

👎6. Umbongo.

With a 124 point lead over HJ it looks like it’s all over and we can go to Aldi and get the anointing oil ready for Gavin’s Coronation on Sunday evening where Sam will pass the crown 👑 VMFL cup 🏆 over to our 2022/2023 winner.

HJ not completely safe in 2nd with Sam within catching distance.

David maintaining his Champions League position in 4th and has a Cup Final against Oz on Sunday.

Picasso up to 5th.

Bongo after a transfer frenzy not only losing 28 points with 8 transfers but down to 6th.

RELEGATION 💩

👉17. TD Lions.

👉18. Aston Liam.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Looks like time has finally run out for TD, Liam and Dazzy. 😱😨

DRONGO OF THE WEEK. 💩🐴

TD and his Lions scoop their 5th award of the season with 35 points.

TOKENS

TRIPLE CAPTAIN - David & Rosie.

BENCH BOOST - Harry & Gornal.

MissWinnie
26-05-2023, 07:22 PM
Absolutely awesome, Rosie! Another really enjoyable read! Thank you so much. :star:

Congratulations to our VMFL cup finalists, Ozfan and David - you're going to Wembley!! :D

A double well done to David for Manager of the Week (despite Pep's best efforts) and Bongo and Nuc as runner's up.

Another inspired differential Captain choice from Picasso too!

I always say it's never over til it's over - I still think I'm in contention XD, so good luck to the top players for next week! :)

MissWinnie
28-05-2023, 03:27 PM
4 minutes til kick off! Oz suited and booted for his final. :D Good luck everyone! :star:

ozfan
29-05-2023, 10:42 AM
Just want to thank certain managers for not starting half my side.

Congrats David. Well done. 2023 villamad cup is yours.

However according to the newly passed laws the winner must acknowledge and accept the cup in a post or it defaults to the runner up.

VillaRosie
29-05-2023, 01:36 PM
VILLAMAD CUP 🏆 FINAL

Just want to thank certain managers for not starting half my side.

Congrats David. Well done. 2023 villamad cup is yours.

However according to the newly passed laws the winner must acknowledge and accept the cup in a post or it defaults to the runner up.

McGinn & Tonic 35 v 16 Ozstan Villa

Oz, are you sure they didn’t just pull a sickie and go down VP. ⚽️😱

Congratulations to our worthy winner David. 🏆

Commiserations to Oz so near and yet so far. 🤪😛🤬

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁️👁️

With a certain manager causing havoc with our teams by withdrawing Haarland and DeBruyne it was a case of reshuffling the pack and bringing in the vice captains.

Jesh and Dazzy’s vice captains Grealish and Pope failed to make an appearance therefore regrettably zero points.

1. Kane 32 points - HJ, Harry and Gornal. 💥👏👏👏

2. Watkins 18 points - Sam.

3. Firmino/Salah 10 points - Gavin, David, Picasso, Bongo, Rosie, Winnie, Iwuz, Nuc and TD.

5. Odegaard 6 points - Oz and Liam.

7. Isak/Rashford 4 points - BB and Yubby.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Our final award of the season goes to Harry💥 and Harribos Fangtastics 💥with an outstanding 74 points💥 out scoring runner up Dad Sam with 69 points.

👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6💥

👉1. GOALS ALOUD - CHAMPIONS 🏆

Many congratulations to Gavin our 2022/2023 VMFL Champion.👏👏👏After the open topped bus 🚃 ride we are eagerly awaiting your speech. 😛🤪😋

👉2. Aston Lilla.

HJ holds on to 2nd place. 👏👏👏

A barn storming finish by Sam but HJ stood firm. 👏👏👏

👍4. Cubist Masterpiece.

With strategically played Wildcard Uncle Picasso secures 4th by 2 points after booting 🥾 his nephew David down to 5th. 🤪😋😛

👎5. McGinn & Tonic.

Although slipping down to 5th David has the VMFL Cup🏆 secured in the trophy cabinet. 👏👏👏

👉6. Umbongo

Bongo curbed his natural urge to go on a transfer frenzy to finish 6th.🤪😋😋

RELEGATION 💩

Alas relegation confirmed for TD and the TD Lions, Liam with Aston Liam and Dazzy with the Barmy Army.

Don’t despair guys not long to wait till season 2023/2024. 🤪😛

Our last DRONGO OF THE WEEK 🐴💩

Oz and Ozstan Villa with 20 points.

FINAL PLACINGS

Goals Aloud
Gavin Sillars 47 2523
Aston Lilla
john dunne 59 2419
Mings & Ings & Tings
Sam Hubball 69 2409
Cubist Masterpiece
P. Picasso 60 2370
McGinn & Tonic
David Lawson 35 2368
Umbongo
Bongo Bongo 58 2354
Detectorists
John Ruffles 44 2335
McGinn Fizz
Nuke Dev 49 2324
Brum Tings
Jackie Villa Rosie 41 2315
Warrioresses Win
Miss Winnie 53 2278
Moseley Villans
Mike Holtender 40 2238
Harribos Fangtastics
Harry Hubball 74 2179
Injury Prone 2nd XI
Justin welch 46 2178
Kirkley Krusaders
Jesh Marshall 63 2168
Ozstan Villa
David Stuart 20 2150
Yam Yam Villa
Andrew Walters 62 2127
TD Lions
Dave SHORTT 51 2070
Aston Liam
Liam Stuart 46 2040
dazzyo barmy army
Darren Owen 36 1954

MANAGER OF THE WEEK WINNER SEASON 2022/2023 🏆

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 Sam

Bongo - In Gameweek 29 won with 145 points the most accumulated points in a gameweek.

DRONGO OF THE SEASON 2022/2023 🤬😨😱

Joint winners Jesh and TD with 5 each.

See👁️👁️you all in August when it begins again. 😛😋🤪⚽️⚽️⚽️

birminghamborn
29-05-2023, 03:58 PM
Thanks to everyone for keeping this going, what great fun we have.

MissWinnie
29-05-2023, 06:06 PM
You are a superstar, Rosie Thank you so much for all your top reports and all the time you spend keeping this League the bestest in the FPL! You deserve a rest and more. :heart:

Congratulations Gavin! You trounced us all! Now. Speeeeech!

Well done to HJ, Sam and Picasso on their Champions League places. All former winners too!

Bongo, you won something twice this week! Congratulations!

And Jammy Sammy gets yet another award for his groaning trophy cabinet. Well done again, Sam!

Congratulations to David. Speeeeech. Again. :D

And Oz is always my no 1 Champion, even if he's a Drongo and Runner up :p :heart:

A round of applause to Jesh and TD for taking their Drongos of the Season Trophy on the chin. Don't fight over it, boys.

And to everyone else, it's been a pleasure as always. Thank you all. xxx