Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
I was accused of being a lefty yesterday in an FB discussion. The same contributor also thought that, as I no longer live in theUK, my thoughts were irrelevant and I had no right to give them. Fortunately, there are not meny on here who would agree with that. What had I said?

I applauded the government on their financial package to keep jobs and businesses going and there for the future as all will be necessary.

I was critical of BJ following Cummings' advice on herd immunity which was against the expert advice. I did say, as I have on here, that he is doing his best but that isn't good enough and most measures have been too little too late.

I was also critical of UK governments of all flavours who have neglected, over decades, to put a plan in place to deal with a pandemic despite the experience worldwide gained from SARS, MERS, Ebola etc.

The accusations were that I was a BJ hater (that bit is pretty close to the truth) and let that colour my views and that I was only critical of the Tories. I begged to differ as I had also praised the financial package and slated Labour and the LDs for their part in not having a plan in place.

Despite the odd wild view on here and the odd one placed merely to gain a reaction on here, we seem to be able to plough through without getting extreme towards each other.

IMO, the above views will ring true in many heads on this forum.
Maybe, in the light of certain recent allegations, you should be backing ‘Definitely Red’ in tomorrow’s virtual Grand National, MA.

Johnson might be best backing ‘The Storyteller’.