I took a one day trip to Jerusalem ,at last !Lots of photos ,if you would like to see more? No football, right?

In 1535, when Jerusalem was part of the Ottoman Empire, Sultan Suleiman I ordered the ruined city walls to be rebuilt. The work took some four years, between 1537 and 1541.
In 70 CE, as a result of the Roman siege during the First Jewish–Roman War, the walls were almost completely destroyed. Jerusalem would remain in ruins for some six decades and without protective walls for over two centuries.
In the 16th century, during the reign of the Ottoman Empire in the region, Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent decided to rebuild the city walls fully, partly on the remains of the ancient walls. Being built in circa 1537-1541, they are the walls that exist today.
Jaffa Gate:

To the right ( not seen )is the Valley of Ge Ben Hinom or or Gehinnom,(Gehenna) In the Hebrew Bible, Gehenna was initially where some of the kings of Judah sacrificed their children by fire. Thereafter, it was deemed to be cursed (Book of Jeremiah 7:31, 19:2–6).

30) The people of Judah have done evil in my eyes, declares the Lord. They have set up their detestable idols in the house that bears my Name and have defiled it. 31) They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire—something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind.
The hebrew word Gehinnom has been translated as hell. So hell does not exist, just this valley

The Tower of David , also known as the Citadel, is an ancient citadel located near the Jaffa Gate entrance to the Old City of Jerusalem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_David
The citadel that stands today dates to the Mamluk and Ottoman periods. It was built on the site of a series of earlier ancient fortifications of the Hasmonean, Herodian, Byzantine and Early Muslim periods, after being destroyed repeatedly during the last decades of Crusader presence in the Holy Land by their Muslim enemies.
It contains important archaeological finds dating back over 2,500 years including a quarry dated to the First Temple period
To the right is Mount Zion, a hill in Jerusalem, located just outside the walls of the Old City. Important sites on Mount Zion are Dormition Abbey, King David's Tomb and the Room of the Last Supper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Zion