+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Back to Nature

re: Getting Back to Nature

Quote Originally Posted by trickydick
    No i held the base of the neck with one hand and with the other hand twisted the head backwards. The turkey feels no pain as it is an instant brain death. The body may still move slightly though for a while.
    Sounds straightforward. Do you now feel the need to do it again?

I'm going to find it a little difficult to do that with a Piedmontese though, eh?[/quote] No i feel satisfied i had the experience though and it was done under instruction from a farmer.[/quote]

I dig that.

I think we should all kill an animal that we eat at some point in our lives. I think it would bring a sense of connectedness to nature. Did you feel that way?

The guilt of killing an animal would be with me forever,i just couldnt do it...

I hit a wild animal once near Belvoir Castle and it ran off into the trees and it played on my mind for ages...

Quote Originally Posted by chalky-ncfc
    The guilt of killing an animal would be with me forever,i just couldnt do it...

I hit a wild animal once near Belvoir Castle and it ran off into the trees and it played on my mind for ages...
    I know. There are often deer on the road at night when I'm driving home and the thought of hitting one is always with me.

Are you vegetarian, Chalky?

No im not,ive thought about it but ive got enough worries on my plate right now without thinking about what i eat,but if became illegal to eat meat i doubt that it would bother me...

Quote Originally Posted by chalky-ncfc
    No im not,ive thought about it but ive got enough worries on my plate right now without thinking about what i eat,but if became illegal to eat meat i doubt that it would bother me...
    Sorry hear you have things on your mind, Chalks. Hope it's nowt serious.

Eating meat, though...don't you feel a responsibility to take part in the killing of the animal, as a gesture of respect for the animal? I feel guilty that I eat meat without giving a thought to the animal that was sacrificed for it. That's where I'm coming from.

If im honest i dont see a piece of meat as an animal which is just as well i suppose...

Where i live in Arnold one of the local employers was an abattoir called Hacketts and i refused a job there just because i couldnt face what i would see...

I usually eat fish and white meat more than i do red meat. I also love vegetables as well. However i am a believer that if you hit road kill you should pick it up and eat it as soon as you get a chance to safely cook it.

You should see the movie "Food Inc".

Very educational and will change the way you think about the meat you eat today, and how it got to your table.

It's what convinced me to buy only meat that had been raised locally, by small farms, in natural environments, and killed in humane ways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12