+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v MK Dons Matchday Thread

re: Wolves v MK Dons Matchday Thread

ALF for Edwards
    Ojo for Graham

MK Dons came close, needed a good save from Ikeme. Subs have not made the difference (for us at least)

5 minutes plus stoppage to go. Still 0-0

This will probably be the easiest team we face all season and we laboured. It was as close to an attack v defence training scenario, but over 90 mins and we fkng laboured! Boring and turgid spring to mind. The best quote of the day came from a Wolves fan as he left the stadium...he simply screamed "90 minutes of why"! Exactly son, exactly!

A very disappointing outcome especially as with all our superiority, we end up one place further down the table. I have seen a bit of guile and invention from our team this season, but definitely nowhere near enough.

At least that is three games without defeat, but it is also four games without a win. We are now six points above the drop zone.

We simply cannot afford to spurn opportunities like this!

Next up, Rotherham away - and that won't be easy!

Plates' and Wokes....having received my weekly dose of utter frustration I can now go to my bed totally pissed off !.......I can't wait to hear about the positives we can take from this game like.........well, at least, we kept another clean sheet (this said with tongue firmly in cheek as I hurriedly exit stage left). :/

MK Dons set their stall out right from the off for me, they were happy to waste time, continually stop Jordan Graham in his tracks with what ever means possible, often foul upon foul. They came to Molineux to soak up what Wolves could throw at them and had a couple of chances in the second off to win it. Wolves can thank Ikeme for that.

The game is often about taking your chances, Wolves had plenty in both the first and second half, Afobe had four chances to open the scoring, backed up by chances for Henry, McDonald, Williamson and Edwards. With the way Wolves play sides like MK Dons can soak up the pressure, win the ball and try and hit us on the break.

Positives, a clean sheet and again Jordan Graham.

Negatives, too many to mention, but i feel James Henry could easily have been replaced instead of Graham, but the youngster is still finding his feet in the side. The referee also too lenient in some of the stick Graham took in the first off from the MK Dons number twelve.

I could cry, I really could the frustration I feel watching this dross has me close to despair, and believe me there is a lot to compare it to as far as Wolves are concerned.
    I've tried everybody's patience with my tirades over Jackett's one up front policy especially at home, and surely today you can see what I mean?
    I'll leave writing match reports to the guys who have carved themselves a niche and are very good at it ,all I will say is if we can't put a Team like MK to bed with the amount of chances we had in both halves, we may be looking over our shoulder again at the Unthinkable!

Just a wretched day. Wolves muster no goals at home against a relegation side and my Michigan Wolverines lost to big rival Ohio State for the 13 time in 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65
    I could cry, I really could the frustration I feel watching this dross has me close to despair, and believe me there is a lot to compare it to as far as Wolves are concerned.
    I've tried everybody's patience with my tirades over Jackett's one up front policy especially at home, and surely today you can see what I mean?
    I'll leave writing match reports to the guys who have carved themselves a niche and are very good at it ,all I will say is if we can't put a Team like MK to bed with the amount of chances we had in both halves, we may be looking over our shoulder again at the Unthinkable!
    It even got to the stage when Edwards was still on the pitch that he was the furthest player forward. Wolves for me look a better side with Le Fondre and Afobe, i know it didn't look it today. Edwards has goals in him every now and again, but at this moment in time it's not working.

Eve, keep giving your own opinion on Wolves and Kenny

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)