+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gary Naysmith it is then

Quote Originally Posted by EwanHughesArmy View Post
    Cresswell, are you sure this insider friend of yours at East Fife is talking about the same person?
    I thought we had signed up Gary Naysmith as our new manager!
    If your going to stick the boot in before he's even got here, at least have the decency to spell his name correctly.
    No point in trying to defend the indefensible Ewan. You are right: I was wrong. It was extremely careless of me: I won't make that mistake again. That said, a minor spelling error does not alter or detract from the substance of my posts.
    I note, however, that whilst my views are being roundly condemned by most nobody has as yet made a positive case for his appointment as our manager nor has anyone identified his qualities as a manager which are surely the main issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Edqos1 View Post
    Cresswell - if you have been watching Queens for six decades plus and you were at Coatbridge on a Tuesday night watching that fiasco, I can only say -
    Je deteste le que vous ecrivez, mais je donnerai ma vie pour vous puissiez continuer a ecrire!

(As Voltaire didn't say)
    Thank you, Edqos. Sadly not many subscribe to that philosophy.
    And so there is no doubt, yes I have been watching Queens since football started soon after WWII ended and yes I was at Coatbridge on Tuesday night. How many of my critics can make either claim.

Surely the main issue is, is there anyone better out there who:
    1 Wants to come to QOS.
    2 We can afford.
    3 Is not one of the old school of running up sand dunes a lobbing big balls up field , is there idea of being a manager.
    4 Is better than Gary.

Time will tell if it's a good decision, lets hope time is good to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    Most of you will not be surprised to read that I am not inspired by this appointment. As far as I am concerned Mr Naismith is another off the manager conveyor belt to nowhere. I doubt very much that he meets the criteria eloquently set out by jardi in a recent post. Naismith took charge of East Fife first of all as caretaker manager and then as a permanent appointee in season 2013/14 - and East Fife were promptly relegated via the play-offs. The following season they finished fourth in SPFL2 then in season 2015/16 they were promoted back to SPFL1 with only 62 points, the lowest points total for a team promoted to SPFL1. East Fife currently sit in the relegation play-off place in SPFL1 with below them only Stenhousemuir who are having a disastrous season and already look doomed. That record in itself could not be described as inspiring much confidence in Mr Naismith. However, what really concerns me is that I took a phone call last night from a friend of very long standing whose judgement I have always found to be impeccable. That friend could be described as an East Fife insider. The gist of the conversation was, "Good riddance. Thank you Queen of the South. You have done East Fife an enormous favour". Read into that what you will but that conversation certainly leaves me full of foreboding.

As I have posted before and almost certainly will again, "Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose".
    I must say this is not an appointment which sets the heather on fire but he must have impressed Mr Hewitson and Co - as you say this may be a conveyor managerial belt to nowhere - only time will tell !

Decent appointment of an ambitious young manager who has done well in his short career. I am pleased that we did not end up with one of those journeymen managers that bounce around the clubs achieving nothing other than picking up a pay cheque at the end of the week, Cresswell hates those types even more going by previous posts. Lets get fully behind this appointment get and hope that it is a success so that Queens can firstly stabilise the situation then return to winning ways and start to make an impact again.

Cresswell as you say it's hard to make a substantive case for the new manager. In his short management career he hasn't achieved anything of note. Yet he is our new manager and we have little choice but support the guy and give him a chance.
    Just out of interest who would fit your criteria as a suitable manager?

I do agree with Cresswell to a certain extent about this appointment as it doesn't really set the world alight. Saying that, the decision has been made and we need to get behind him now. Another thing to note is that we have not just recruited Gary but also his number 2. We have recruited a management TEAM! His number 2 is highly respected throughout management circles so he may be one to have a significant impact on our current state of affairs.

With reference to Gary's playing days which I agree should hold no real relevance in his managerial capabilities, is how well connected he must be across the UK. With no major funds kicking around even if he muttered the words, "I could maybe get some young boys from Everton", the BOD's much have been licking their lips. Getting players like that to somewhere like Queens would be a lot easier than East Fife! Fingers crossed.

Good to see that we have now got a new manager who will take over on Tuesday morning after his last match in charge of East Fife on Monday and Gary should be in the stand today as East Fife has no game.

Good luck to Gary & Dougie.

Yet another defeat for the mighty South . Gary , you've a massive task to somehow turn our season round

The only bonus being the Queens "legend" will be nowhere near the dugout from now on . If he is then please tell him where to go

Really looking for to seeing what Gary & Dougie can do after listening to his podcast . I take it they'll now be in complete control of the team and player recruitment rather than the unnecessary involvement of JT ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)