+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 3 signings announced

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Could be a money spinner. Offer a ticket including a set of sharpened darts and Row A would be sold out in no time!
    only with a cross bow lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    only with a cross bow lol
    He'd feel shafted!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I don't really have a problem getting a third keeper in and a young local defender with potential. But I just don't get the Saunders signing. All he has going for him is a famous Dad. He was obviously deemed not good enough for Crewe, and then failed to impress on his trail. So why offer him a deal?

We released Adam Campbell earlier in the summer. Now I'm not saying that Campbell was the answer to our problems, but he scored 8 goals last season in all comps, was young and had a good pedigree. There's no way Saunders will score 8 goals next season, so why not just keep Campbell?
    I can't see him scoring 8 goals in the length of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I don't really have a problem getting a third keeper in.
    We haven't. We've got a fourth 'keeper in. Joe Searson-Smithard was deemed good enough to be sub goalkeeper for some games last season, but probably won't get a look-in now. Yet another example of Alan Hardy's "bring through the young players" strategy being ignored, whether he originally meant it or not. I've heard all the excuses about "not ready yet" before. He never will be unless he gets a chance.

At least one of the keepers, possibly two, will go out on loan. That way they'll get some first team action and even if it's at non league level, it should be good experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    At least one of the keepers, possibly two, will go out on loan. That way they'll get some first team action and even if it's at non league level, it should be good experience.
    But in terms of use of resources, why does a League Two club need four goalkeepers? Fair enough, have Collin as No.1 and Fitzsimons at No.12 and send Searson-Smithard out on loan with an immediate recall option if needed, but surely the 'other' keeper is a waste of a wage which could contribute to the pot for a quality signing in other positions?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    But in terms of use of resources, why does a League Two club need four goalkeepers? Fair enough, have Collin as No.1 and Fitzsimons at No.12 and send Searson-Smithard out on loan with an immediate recall option if needed, but surely the 'other' keeper is a waste of a wage which could contribute to the pot for a quality signing in other positions?
    The fourth goalkeeper is a bizarre one - makes absolutely no sense unless Collin is leaving, but that wouldn't make any sense either on the eve of the season. We seem to be panicking to fill out the team photo and Ilkeston's side, not improving our starting XI. Plus ca change, and all that.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910