+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building a good squad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tuesday 26th September, away. So 5 games time, by which time we should have a much clearer picture of how we're going, and whether they're genuine contenders or not.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Tuesday 26th September, away. So 5 games time, by which time we should have a much clearer picture of how we're going, and whether they're genuine contenders or not.
    Hmm. The jury could be out on you, old timer.

Howso ? Like I've already said, things right now are looking better than they have for a very long time, at every level, and yes i couldn't agree more that we've started excellently, but I'm not one of those that go overboard every time we win a game, and neither do I start shouting sack the manager/board/players every time we lose a few.........

Dont you be coming on here with your sensible opinions ffs!

haha yes, I need to get a grip !!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    From what I have already seen I would say we are top 6 contenders..5 games time will tell us if we are top 2 contenders.

That is how I see it and I am always right.

Aren't I lads

Can't believe no one has given oldwhitetaff the usual welcome

Well let the Rev be the first

Welcome to the board oldwhitetaff..now f*ck off you trialist c*nt !

MOT ALAW

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Can't believe no one has given oldwhitetaff the usual welcome

Well let the Rev be the first

Welcome to the board oldwhitetaff..now f*ck off you trialist c*nt !

MOT ALAW
    Haha F*ck off the lot of you

So, back to the point, I really can't wait for the Burton game, and if we beat them with a convincing performance then the expectation level will ratchet up another notch. I just hope TC and the team can keep their feet on the ground in that sort of pressure cooker. But from what I've seen of him so far I think he's got the right temperament, and one advantage the foreign boys do have is that they've all played at the top level in other European leagues. So with any luck we won't have that to worry about either

I try to keep a even keel, on when we win or lose, this season has started with a buzz about the whole place. To me and I dare say many, many LEEDS fans it's not just about winning/losing but more importantly IMO .....how we win and how we lose. Early doors yes but we seem to be winning games as a team, we are getting a good balance, the players we have (so far) seem to give a Schitt, the ones that don't are out the door......

Correct George
    Trying not to be too disappointed when we lose, and feet on the ground when we win makes for a happier time in general - if expectations don't get silly then the disappointments are less frequent.

There are so many more important things in life [Despite what Shankly said] to get too upset about a football match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)