+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 'walk off' life would mean Dire Straits...

Is racism all that any way
    it aint like it used to be

now you cant post you dont like hallal and someone will call you a racist

someone can say they dnt think women should be allowed to wear the hijab
    someone will call you a racist

someone can say send all immigrants not working back home
    someone wioll call you racist
    someone could say make sure all british youths have a job before we allow immigrants in
    someone will call you racist

its how people controll people
    it happens a lot on message boards and in life

i honestly hope the lads do walk of if they experiance it

they wont
    but other players have had the ballsto do it

it only takes one to walk and it will have a domino effect

i would like the players to do as the black american football players did and kneel at thenational anthem or something like that if any player recieves racist chanting from whatever team
    remove the fifa badge from their shirts rip them off

and then the rolling stone will do the rest

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Not strictly true that, is it?
    The sticks and stones scenario works for the few but does not work for the majority.

You only have to look at messageboards to see that...and this is just words on a screen arguing against rigged up names.
    Even worse on these facebook things or twitter or whatever where people's real identities are on display.

The sticks and stones crowd are generally those that have never been bullied...or rarely bullied enough to warrant any long term issues.
    The trouble is, too many people try to hide their emotions due to that sticks and stones thought...yet all they're doing in general is bottling it all up.

Even the bullies are not immune and actually are the worst bottlers in many instances...but the general issue with those people is, they tend to use violence as their release, where the meeker may end their own life or become the opposite of what they were and seek out some kind of retribution.

It's a funny thing and is not easily solved with a sticks and stones approach. Not in this day and age....but definitely a good case for it years ago, on the whole when lifestyle was basically the same for 99% of the population..
    Errm well in the sixties I'm 99.99% sure that me mam wasn't on Twitter..
    Oh and when were these Halycon days when lifestyle was the same for 99% for the poulation???
    I think yee just start typing and can't remember the last sentence (divvint try to write a novel FFS).
    Anyway getting back to the 99% lifestyle bol locks,history will show you that you would have to go back at least a hundred years to meet your idealist view of England...

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Errm well in the sixties I'm 99.99% sure that me mam wasn't on Twitter..
    Oh and when were these Halycon days when lifestyle was the same for 99% for the poulation???
    I think yee just start typing and can't remember the last sentence (divvint try to write a novel FFS).
    Anyway getting back to the 99% lifestyle bol locks,history will show you that you would have to go back at least a hundred years to meet your idealist view of England...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaanyway......back on the thread....Why Worry, Russia is So Far Away and a fine would be Money For Nothing. Putin? He won't care...The Man's Too Strong, he's a Local Hero anyway.
    If they sat down in protest would that mean the players would have earned their ‘money for nothing’?
    It would be weird to see the players abandon a match and walk down the ‘tunnel of love’

Ok I’ll get my coat 😆

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)