+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi!

Red face Hi!

Didn't make a thread like I meant to until now but I thought I'd say hi.

Decided to re-register back on here because I was getting fed up with the usual crowd over the other side and thought there was a good group of members here that were able to debate without letting things get personal or resort to slagging each other off!

Not to mention most of the time when you check that forum its full of political arguments. No thanks. I post on a football forum for football topics!!

Well. Hi antifootball. Welcome back to this board. I think one of the few things we all agree on here is that we want as many posters as possible. Lots of differing opinions to be found but we try not to fall out if we can possibly avoid it. You will find political threads. It is not obligatory to join in on these. There are lots of football topics too. We all love Burnley FC but we all have differing views on how it should be run. That is healthy debate I think. Look forward to your contributions.

Welcome antifootball. Members are always welcome from the Dark Side. We do not moderate on here hardly ever, so play nicely and enjoy!

“Owning” a particular thread is one way of starting debates antifootball. I got kind of blindsided by an unnamed but notorious party into doing the Match Previews. I actually now rather enjoy it as maybe I am a frustrated football writer. It has kept me sane or at least relatively sane during lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    “Owning” a particular thread is one way of starting debates antifootball. I got kind of blindsided by an unnamed but notorious party into doing the Match Previews. I actually now rather enjoy it as maybe I am a frustrated football writer. It has kept me sane or at least relatively sane during lockdown.
    outwood ---if writing and being connected to Burnley FC has kept you sane ---you haven't supported them for long enough!

Welcome Anti Football,I post on both boards ,but keep off the boring political threads that are on them..I will Say this though ,the political threads on here are discussed in a very friendly manner and Sinkov usually ties BT and 59/60 up in knots..

Welcome Anti!

Don't listen to Alf, I have never been tied up in Notts. Tied up in Lancs maybe, but never in Notts.

Welcome Anti. Don't believe a word this lot are saying,all these 'nutcases' have gone crackers long ago. About myself don't worry I am just the Inn keeper or in modern terms, the Inspector, I just report now and again each to his local council,(or living partner!)whatever the case maybe. By the way is your local council in Burnley ,Bacup ,Todmorden , just by any chance? ( Also we have a political test at the end of the season so better do some brushing up!) We always like to think in terms of quality and not quantity! So feel free to post anything you want !

Welcome Anti.

Some posters on here go on a bit but you tend to get used to them.Are you an expert on the middle east? Just asking.

"blindsided by an unnamed but notorious party" That bloody sinkov gets everywhere!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)