+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok lets get the ball rolling: transfer rumours 2020/1

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I never said they'd be going for the same price did I? Don't get me wrong, I agree that we don't sell players for enough, we gave Ajayi away in my opinion, but we still made a decent profit by our standards.

Do you honestly think that if somebody was to bid 4 million for any one of our players that the club wouldn't bite their hand off?
    Depends on who it is I’d like to think warne and Stewart would have two replacements lined up and would be asking for the price it would cost the club to bring two players with potential, whatever that price maybe.

I honestly don’t think the club will accept anything lower than what Marriott went for

We need to start acting like a championship club, theirs a lot of fans who are ready to write 18-24 games off, saying stuff like “look at em there in top 10 of the table how can we be classed in same league,” my response look at Middlesbrough, finished 7th last season this season just avoiding relegation thanks to warnock, owt can happen and every team in championship is our rival

I’d sooner over price a player pumping him up than slagging him off saying he’s not worth hardly anything like some so called fans on twitter are doing. Freddie ladapo is on twitter A lot I shudder to think what he makes off these people
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 15-07-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Agree with much of that, silly. I am usually a pessimist but next season (if Covid allows a next season) I expect a mid-table finish for us.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    This unbiased view would suggest that he was one of the best strikers in the league

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...ne/top-scorers
    Jch is only 1 goal behind him!

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Agree with much of that, silly. I am usually a pessimist but next season (if Covid allows a next season) I expect a mid-table finish for us.
    Thank wendun yeah I too think mid table is doable and with some decent refs we may come close to play offs

I remember what warne said during lockdown “don’t get at the lads get behind them and if you want to have ago at someone have ago at me”

We need to carry optimism for the players and pump em up

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Jch is only 1 goal behind him!
    Yes but he’s not in a championship club is he he’s still in league 1 And even he’s worth a million or 2

Someone posted on here about EFL Zone
    @ZoneEfl
    That’s where I got Miller from.
    Seems far better than some that’s been about and put on here

Freddy has, I think, 2 years left on his contract. I think we would be daft to let him go to a fellow Championship Club. He is the the only "fox in the box" that we have and those half chances may be the difference between us remaining in the Championship and not. Yes we need an additional forward, but lets not get rid of our top scorer.

Paul Davis
    @paulm_davis
    ·
    2h
    14 #rufc pages in
    @rotherhamtiser
    . Millers want Dutch midfielder, another target flying in, full Yates update, features on Barlaser, new boy Miller and old boy David Ball in NZ, including what went on behind NYS scenes, final bit of promotion special, Warne & Wood cols. & more.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Paul Davis
    . Millers want Dutch midfielder, .
    I wonder if he talks like Steve McLaren when he managed FC Twente.

He,ll almost certainly ride a bicycle, eat space cakes and be familiar with adult themes.
    If he's black as well then it's a massive tick in the box

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Thank wendun yeah I too think mid table is doable and with some decent refs we may come close to play offs

I remember what warne said during lockdown “don’t get at the lads get behind them and if you want to have ago at someone have ago at me”

We need to carry optimism for the players and pump em up

Yes but he’s not in a championship club is he he’s still in league 1 And even he’s worth a million or 2
    A million or 2? I think you been on the sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    This unbiased view would suggest that he was one of the best strikers in the league

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...ne/top-scorers
    flour, sorry but would have to disagree with you on this one. Toney played almost a 1000 minutes more than Ladapo, that is just over 11 full 90 minute games.

Toney scored 24 goals and Ladapo 14. A portion of games where Ladapo scored most of his goals were, when he came off the subs bench, whereas Toney started most of his games. Both had a success rate of 55% of shots converted to goals. That in itself puts Ladapo up there with Toney and if he had been given more game time, I'm confident he would have bettered Toney's score rate and goals scored.

If we're talking stupid money and Toney is worth 15 million, then Ladapo has to be worth 10 million at least. I just hope those in charge at ours have done theirs maths on Ladapo and Toney like I have, in anticipation of someone coming knocking for Ladapo's services.

Page 32 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast