+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thankyou danny

Thankyou danny

Its goodbye for danny Graham,along with smallwood,samuel,leutwiller and hart.
    Pretty much expected but still sad to see the big man go but unfortunately this season was one to many for him at this level.

Well, Champs will be on any second to tell us how terrible Graham has been and how a completely untried youngster would have done better on Wednesday, despite the fact that DG set up the second goal in the way he has done so often.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Well, Champs will be on any second to tell us how terrible Graham has been and how a completely untried youngster would have done better on Wednesday, despite the fact that DG set up the second goal in the way he has done so often.
    And what the **** will you tell us all you patronising arsehole? Nothing as per usual. Shut up your getting boring

On wed he strolled about. Was offside alot. Touched the ball 8 times. And set up a goal in a game we lost. Well ****ing done Aucks. Well ****ing pointed out he really changed things.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you keep on about "changing" things. He did what he does as Danny Graham. He isn't Bradley Dack. Every player has a different role and skill-set. It's certainly not true to say he "strolled about". Luton had to react to his presence by bringing on Pearson.
    I get a lot of stick for mentioning "luck", but I still say it sometimes plays a crucial part. Luton have put a good run together, and have done very well to stay up, but until Carter got the OG, did they look for a minute like scoring?
    After that, they were more intense than us, as you'd expect from a team that saw a life-line.
    It's the generalisations I don't like, Champs. For me, the only generalisation that sticks is our inconsistency - and part of that comes from the fact that there is nothing between the teams in this Division.
    I simply disagree with people that there has been evidence of our players not trying, or "not wanting to play for Mowbray". The results have been far too variable to be able to draw conclusions like that.
    I am quite happy about criticisms of individual mistakes Mowbray has made, but it's this sweeping conclusion that everything he does is useless that I just won't accept.
    And I'm entitled not to accept it. You seem to feel I should either agree with you or keep quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about when you keep on about "changing" things. He did what he does as Danny Graham. He isn't Bradley Dack. Every player has a different role and skill-set. It's certainly not true to say he "strolled about". Luton had to react to his presence by bringing on Pearson.
    I get a lot of stick for mentioning "luck", but I still say it sometimes plays a crucial part. Luton have put a good run together, and have done very well to stay up, but until Carter got the OG, did they look for a minute like scoring?
    After that, they were more intense than us, as you'd expect from a team that saw a life-line.
    It's the generalisations I don't like, Champs. For me, the only generalisation that sticks is our inconsistency - and part of that comes from the fact that there is nothing between the teams in this Division.
    I simply disagree with people that there has been evidence of our players not trying, or "not wanting to play for Mowbray". The results have been far too variable to be able to draw conclusions like that.
    I am quite happy about criticisms of individual mistakes Mowbray has made, but it's this sweeping conclusion that everything he does is useless that I just won't accept.
    And I'm entitled not to accept it. You seem to feel I should either agree with you or keep quiet.
    Not at all, not asking you to keep quiet.
    I'm also entitled to my opinion. And I disagree entirely that I make sweeping generalisations. I take alot of time to give specific examples. Constistenly over a whole 46 game season. Week by week.
    You simply choose to ignore/disagree and not accept those specific examples.
    The issue is we see football completely differently. No matter what I say, you would oppose it. Even if I'm correct.
    And you also rarely answer any questions I ask. I answered a question you had about Mowbray not being responsible for a good run. I used Hull as an example. Who like us, went on a good run. And finished rock bottom. That won't get an answer.
    So while you say you feel like you are told agree or shut up. You rarely acknowledge anything I say anyway. I take the time to write my explanations but they are ignored. Which I find rude. The fact the division is so close from top to bottom, merely highlights how poor of a division it is. WBA won automatic promotion. Despite not winning any of the final 4 matches. And looked an inconsistent throughout. If we where any good, we would be showing signs of pushing on. Like we where told we would be in this 3rd season. We where bull****ted. Like most fans of most clubs are. And I ain't buying it anymore. We didnt improve this season. 3 points extra is not an improvement. So we all got sold a lie. And I see nothing at all that shows me next season will be any different. So I'm now out. It will...in my opinion....not change until the manager leaves. Who I believe has run his course.

Champs - I'm baffled.
    You say I don't answer you. Surely, my answers are what you're saying you don't like.
    Look back at some of your recent posts. They DO contain sweeping generalisations.
    To sum them up: the future is gloomy and it's all Mowbray's fault. Sorry - but that appears to be exactly what you're arguing.

Glass half empty or glass half full?
    I'm wrong for seeing it as half empty. But your correct on seeing a glass half full? Is that what your telling me?
    Because the glass literally is half full.

The future is what you make of it. It can be shaped anyway you want. If nothing changes at Rovers, I expect no change. And without no money, I could see it getting slightly worse.
    If a change was made, we may see improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Glass half empty or glass half full?
    I'm wrong for seeing it as half empty. But your correct on seeing a glass half full? Is that what your telling me?
    Because the glass literally is half full.
    Difficult question.
    Yes - I suppose I'd have to say half full. The reason I find it tricky is that I don't really think "expectations" count for much.
    In fact, the unpredictability is part of the fun.
    I reckon we might do all right even after a massive clear-out, as long as an experienced keeper and centre-back are signed.
    That would mean something like:

GK: A.N. Other/Fisher
    DEFENCE: Nyambe/Lenihan/A.N.Other/Bell/Wharton/Carter (and one more from Grayson/Magloire/Platt/Thompson)
    MIDFIELD and WINGERS: Evans/Travis/Downing/Buckley/Rankin-Costello/Davenport/Rothwell/Chapman
    FORWARDS: Dack/Armstrong/Gallagher/Brereton/Butterworth/Vale.

Now, I don't think for a minute that all those I've missed out will leave. I'm just saying things wouldn't look too bad if they did.
    Ideally, we'd get a new left-back as well, but I'm sceptical about the funding, and I'm hoping that Bell finally comes good!
    In particular, we do seem to have a lot of flexibility there, in midfield and up front.
    I've seen talk of us buying a Tugay type. Where the hell from - and at what cost?!
    I'd rather rely on our own youngsters. The core group of Travis, Buckley, Rankin-Costello and Davenport looks pretty decent to me, and we have to be realistic about signings.

How would we go with that squad? No idea, although I'd again guess at about tenth. Money doesn't always talk, anyway. Look at the 50 million Stoke spent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)