+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Sir Bobby Robson

R.I.P. Sir Bobby Robson

9 years now since one of the very greatest football ambassadors, personalities and absolutely nice guy passed away.

R.I.P. Sir Bobby

Aye, sad to think.

RIP, Sir Bob.

I'll never forget the day I met Sir Bobby. I've always lived in Hull but been brought up a Toon fan because of my dad. One day me him my mum and sisters went for a drive to the metro center to go shopping. All day I asked to go to St.James Park at the time so when we finished at metro my dad drove us all there. Me and him jumped out the car and started walking round the outside of the stadium. We came to like a huge entrance tunnel sort of thing so thought we'd have a cheeky look. At the end was like huge rubber flaps from roof to floor sort of like what some butchers have at there entrance. We walked through and to our amasement we are inside the ground not a single sole in sight I got a picture in the dugout and even on the centre of the pitch. Then we ran out before we got caught then low and behold as we got back to the car thinking our day couldn't get any better Bobby Robson's car was parked behind my dad's and he was approaching it. He pressed a button on his keys and his boot popped open I was amazed as my dad's car at the time didn't even have electric windows. My dad nudging me on I proceeded to ask 'Bobby can I please have a picture.' To which he replied 'not today sorry son' and sounded really downbeat. So I said I've come all the way from Hull just to see you. He gave me a little smile and said 'come here son' and put his arm around me for a picture. Only bad part was my dad's camera at the time was a new and he didn't have a clue how to save pictures I don't think one picture actually saved, all I ended up with was one on my phone of Bobby leaning into his boot lol. But still a memory I'll always have of the great man. Found out on the way home the reason we got in the stadium untouched was because Bobby was around the front giving a big presser at the exact time we sneaked in. Think it was to do with Dyer. RIP Sir Bobby. And sorry for the long story guys.

Don't apologise, man...that's one of the things I love about this site-finding out stuff about people's passion for the club, what it means to them.

The sort of thing the PL have either forgotten about or don't give a shit about.

have to say a great man and a footballers ideal gaffer, just ask Shearer!
    a legend indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    Cheers, John...hadn't seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Don't apologise, man...that's one of the things I love about this site-finding out stuff about people's passion for the club, what it means to them.

The sort of thing the PL have either forgotten about or don't give a shit about.
    I know mate that's just one story from me imagine how many thousands who have there own about our club. Wether it meeting a legend or being at an iconic game. We where so close to having many more as well but like you say certain folk just don't seem to give two fu(ks about that sort of things pffft.

https://youtu.be/TLQ5Nii0DEM

This was class - hopefully I’ve got the correct link but it’s a trailer for the one on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    https://youtu.be/TLQ5Nii0DEM

This was class - hopefully I’ve got the correct link but it’s a trailer for the one on Netflix.
    You look at that...and then think about the way Shepherd ended his time here, man...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)