+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    I'm keen to see what all the fanfare is on Hoban.

He only played like 9 games, I was on holiday for 3 and very drunk for the 2 burnley games.
    He’s our best defender by a mile.... if fit

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I don’t think that’s too positive at all.
    The guy is a good defender.
    The ONLY question (& it’s a very big one) is fitness.

As for tomorrow I think we’ll start with;

Lewis
    Hernandez Taylor McKenna Considine
    Ojo Ferguson
    McGinn Bryson Hayes
    Anderson

Subs; Cerny, Hoban, Logan, Campbell, McGeouch, Kennedy, Edmondson, Hedges & McLennan
    so 3 players you have missing out are Wright, Ross and Virtanen (plus Ruth who would have been promoted had Edmondson not signed).

I'd wonder if Wright might get a nod ahead of someone?

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    so 3 players you have missing out are Wright, Ross and Virtanen (plus Ruth who would have been promoted had Edmondson not signed).

I'd wonder if Wright might get a nod ahead of someone?
    He’ll be on loan somewhere soon maybe (although maybe tricky when there’s only one league playing until October)
    Ditto Virtanen & Ross.

Good move to get Hoban onboarding very happy with that
    Aslo more options upfront with the young Leeds lad
    Let's face it, with Sam out for weeks we are lightweight upfront
    Wright is never an option , Main is average to say the least that only left Bruce Anderson and although Bruce is a very decent prospect we couldn't go into the season with get him upfront longterm

He’ll be on loan somewhere soon maybe (although maybe tricky when there’s only one league playing until October)
    Ditto Virtanen & Ross.
    I fully agree with both the original post and the follow up. I think Wright is a busted flush, unfortunately. Virtanen is unlucky given just how many midfielders we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I fully agree with both the original post and the follow up. I think Wright is a busted flush, unfortunately. Virtanen is unlucky given just how many midfielders we have.
    I think Wright still has something to offer - probably one of the most skilful players we've got - I think he needs a season to prove himself... it was going to be last season and he was injured early on. This is his last chance - I think he's better in the no10 role but he's probably a bit too much of a luxury there - McInnes prefers a midfielder there rather than an attacker. He's maybe another player (similar to Anderson) who just doesn't really fit into McInnes preferred setup.

I was expecting “I am NOT a viiiirgin” :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think Wright still has something to offer - probably one of the most skilful players we've got - I think he needs a season to prove himself... it was going to be last season and he was injured early on. This is his last chance - I think he's better in the no10 role but he's probably a bit too much of a luxury there - McInnes prefers a midfielder there rather than an attacker. He's maybe another player (similar to Anderson) who just doesn't really fit into McInnes preferred setup.
    I like Wright but it is the final ball that lets him down. We have some decent youngsters at the club but they really have to put in Fergie style performances to stay in the first 11

I see a fans group for NAC Breda saying that they would be very lucky if they got £300k for Leigh

I know money is tight but surely we probably could have got him for about 100 and that would sort our left back issue

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    I see a fans group for NAC Breda saying that they would be very lucky if they got £300k for Leigh

I know money is tight but surely we probably could have got him for about 100 and that would sort our left back issue
    If all our season ticket holders put in £20, we'd be able to buy him.
    Then its just the wages to think about

Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast