+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Nonentity Linked!

Another Nonentity Linked!

Xande Silva a striker from West Ham!!

FFS Dowling........what is it that you don’t get!?

We need PROVEN players with NOUS and CONFIDENCE at this level.

This is the same trap we fell into with the first two or three promotions under Megson and Mowbray.

It wasn’t until the likes of Scharner turned up that we started to establish ourselves.

Signings like this potential one are a waste of time and money.

Dowling.......you are clearly out of your depth so show some integrity and hand in your notice.
    Last edited by mickd1961; 15-09-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Xande Silva a striker from West Ham!!

FFS Dowling........what is it that you don’t get!?

We need PROVEN players with NOUS and CONFIDENCE at this level.

This is the same trap we fell into with the first two or three promotions under Megson and Mowbray.

It wasn’t until the likes of Scharner turned up that we started to establish ourselves.

Signings like this potential one are a waste of time and money.

Dowling.......you are clearly out of your depth so show some integrity and hand in your notice.
    A couple of things I'd say about this,

I've never seen him play, I don't think many others have either unless they're familiar with West Ham u23's.

We haven't got the cash for proven quality signings, we might as well accept it.

Its okay trying to get these type of players in if they are without risk, I've read he's in the last year of his contract, so if we sign him for a small ish fee then why not - we won't have much to lose.

I imagine this is a Bilic choice rather than Dowling, because of his contacts at West Ham.

And, if we sign these players before they start banging goals in then they will be much cheaper which will only help clubs like us shopping on a tight budget. Its not all about how much money we spend. I would much rather we had signed Grant last season for £2m than Zohore for £8m. But at the time, Zohore was proven at Championship level and Grant wasn't.

I wouldn’t have called Zohorre “proven” at Championship level if you read his goals to games ratio.

Grant is proven......his ratio is huge compared to Zohorre.

At Premier level a goal every three games is “proven” and at Championship it’s 40-50 goals per 100 games to come into that category........Zohorre’s 24 in 96 before joining us is only 1 in 4 including penalties which is dismal and it’s now 27 in 111 including penalties after a season with us!

This is not an £8m striker.

He only had 17 in 70 start before joining Cardiff!

HELLOOOO Dowling........his whole career has been at best 1 in 4 including pens and he was worse than that last season.

This was always an awful buy as will be the 23 year old nonentity from West Ham.

Grant want's to come to us but we are doing our best to talk him out of it.

If he comes I hope he does well, can’t be any worse surely than the three donkeys we already have.
    Also must be cheap

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I wouldn’t have called Zohorre “proven” at Championship level if you read his goals to games ratio.

Grant is proven......his ratio is huge compared to Zohorre.

At Premier level a goal every three games is “proven” and at Championship it’s 40-50 goals per 100 games to come into that category........Zohorre’s 24 in 96 before joining us is only 1 in 4 including penalties which is dismal and it’s now 27 in 111 including penalties after a season with us!

This is not an £8m striker.

He only had 17 in 70 start before joining Cardiff!

HELLOOOO Dowling........his whole career has been at best 1 in 4 including pens and he was worse than that last season.

This was always an awful buy as will be the 23 year old nonentity from West Ham.
    The point I'm making is that Grant was unproven when Huddersfield bought him for £2m. I don't think it hurts to buy young, unproven players. They just have to be the right players.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    The point I'm making is that Grant was unproven when Huddersfield bought him for £2m. I don't think it hurts to buy young, unproven players. They just have to be the right players.
    We paid £8m for a bloke coming up to 26 with a goal ratio of 1 in 4 at best.

It was an awful decision.

Grant at 21 for £2m was a much better bet as you said.

I also don’t like the fact Morton has been loaned out to Lincoln.

He was scoring for fun at Northampton and got them promoted so we make the stupid decision to loan him to that idiot Appleton at Lincoln at the same level and he’s not even playing him!

It looks like some pathetic power trip by Appleton to me.

A bad decision by Albion with a promising young player.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    A couple of things I'd say about this,

I've never seen him play, I don't think many others have either unless they're familiar with West Ham u23's.

We haven't got the cash for proven quality signings, we might as well accept it.

Its okay trying to get these type of players in if they are without risk, I've read he's in the last year of his contract, so if we sign him for a small ish fee then why not - we won't have much to lose.

I imagine this is a Bilic choice rather than Dowling, because of his contacts at West Ham.

And, if we sign these players before they start banging goals in then they will be much cheaper which will only help clubs like us shopping on a tight budget. Its not all about how much money we spend. I would much rather we had signed Grant last season for £2m than Zohore for £8m. But at the time, Zohore was proven at Championship level and Grant wasn't.

"We haven't got the cash for proven quality signings, we might as well accept it"

You what? Perhaps you can explain to me where the Premier money has gone therefore which includes Leko, Tolloch, Barry and Brunt off the payroll? Pereira/Diangana at around 25/30 million is a fraction of our income!!!

We also have a 2.6 billionaire who owns the club!

You are better off making statements like - we have a tight fisted little c unt in China who is trying to recoup his initial outlay of the purchase of the football club, does not care about the club, and is p issing other clubs off by sheer penny pinching!

Dowling is clearly out of his depth and needs to go!

Although not established Silva's actually a very good young player with huge potential. He's listed as a wide player (who could hamper the development of our own young wide players) but I've seen him play in central areas. He looked lethal allbeit at a younger level. Great first touch, superb movement and a very good finisher.

The rumor linking him to us is on a loan basis. I can't see West Ham agreeing to another one of those so soon after the Grady Diangana meltdown. If they do though then I'd be quite happy to see him here with a built in option to buy, along with the arrival of a more established forward/Grant. The Hammer's fans anal incontinence would be epic.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)