Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
Xande Silva a striker from West Ham!!

FFS Dowling........what is it that you don’t get!?

We need PROVEN players with NOUS and CONFIDENCE at this level.

This is the same trap we fell into with the first two or three promotions under Megson and Mowbray.

It wasn’t until the likes of Scharner turned up that we started to establish ourselves.

Signings like this potential one are a waste of time and money.

Dowling.......you are clearly out of your depth so show some integrity and hand in your notice.
A couple of things I'd say about this,

I've never seen him play, I don't think many others have either unless they're familiar with West Ham u23's.

We haven't got the cash for proven quality signings, we might as well accept it.

Its okay trying to get these type of players in if they are without risk, I've read he's in the last year of his contract, so if we sign him for a small ish fee then why not - we won't have much to lose.

I imagine this is a Bilic choice rather than Dowling, because of his contacts at West Ham.

And, if we sign these players before they start banging goals in then they will be much cheaper which will only help clubs like us shopping on a tight budget. Its not all about how much money we spend. I would much rather we had signed Grant last season for £2m than Zohore for £8m. But at the time, Zohore was proven at Championship level and Grant wasn't.