+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I just wrote out a big long response and the stupid forum logged me out when I tried to send it. Can't be bothered writing it all again, but one of the points was what you've just said.

The players in our squad will be encouraging him to go. They don't believe they can win anything here and any of them who have aspirations to win things or get into the national side etc basically see us as a stepping stone club where they can put themselves in the shop window.

Ironically big useless Sam Cosgrove is the one player who did turn down the money to move elsewhere and now we're stuck with him.

It's a short career and all that and players need to make a bit of money, so I wouldn't criticise guys like Shinnie, McLean, McKenna who gave us a few decent seasons and left on pretty good terms. Wright should have stayed another couple years before jumping ship - I think he's got the ability to become a great player, but not sure he has the mentality. This move will more than likely prevent him from ever fulfilling his potential.
    Yeah it's a pain when the system does that, been stung like that before (any techie people know a way around this?)

I have no problem with us being seen as a stepping stone to bigger clubs (as long as it's not to celtic/sevco) and indeed we should be selling ourselves to youngsters and other transfer targets as a stepping stone to englandshire. However where we are soft as sh1te as a club is letting people run down their contract and moving for nothing like the rat and Shinnie. We should have a policy that any first time player with a resale value who doesn't sign an extension when they have a year to go (assuming we want to keep them so excludes the likes of Main) then should be on the transfer list so we can get money by selling them. Only way we are ever going to improve is by selling players for decent money and reinvesting the proceeds in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    I don't like to see Dons fans from the NE signing for "them cheating b'stards" and as Mason89 suggests, if I had been anywhere good enough to play at professional level, I couldn't have signed for the twisted b'stards. The shirt would have burned my skin.

I can though, since I was never good enough to get near amateur let alone professional, understand a player thinking he's got 10 years to earn a good living (even earning cheating money - what was that about laundering money Mason89?). What rankled most about the rat was the lies. At least Wright has been open about it. I do think though that as a professional whose spent most of his time injured and being paid to get fit again, he may have found a way to repay the club for looking after him.

However where I don't think we can be too upset is one of ours going to central belt clubs whilst we continue to sign the best central belt players we can afford. Are these central belt players lacking in moral fibre if they sign for us. Works both ways surely?

I also don't think that we can be too upset by him taking advantage of the rules and signing in January when we as a club do the same. What is wrong is the allowing players 6 months to arrange a transfer to a club in the same division. This period should be drastically cut. Never used to be able to sign for another club mid-season.

I do think that a club like ours with our resources can't afford to have a player hanging around for 6 months doing nothing. He's a professional so should give 100% every time on the pitch and in training. That can be easily assessed these days.
    Like yourself sonofrgmsdad, a fellow AFC fan, I could not under any circumstances justify signing for them, however I can't agree with you r.e. Wright. He has not been open about it. It's not about going to the central belt, it's going to them and potentially coming back and helping them win against "your" team WTF He has said F. all. He knows the rivalry but is happy to leave the club out of pocket as long as he gets his filthy lucre. Anderson, Jess and even Hayes (who wouldn't have been dreaming of scoring at the Beach End as a loon in Dublin) have done right by the club, signing a contract and then moving on, Wright on the other hand, is shafting "his" club.

Hopefully full on tackles are the order of the day at training.

Why does everyone think Wright is a Dons fan?

A lot of people were adamant that Ryan Jack was a Dons fan until he showed up down there claiming it was a dream signing for the Huns because he supported them as a kid.

Let’s wait and see what Wright says in his first interview,I wouldn’t be surprised if he says something similar.

There’s nothing worse than an Aberdonian Hun, they are just wrong uns.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Why does everyone think Wright is a Dons fan?

A lot of people were adamant that Ryan Jack was a Dons fan until he showed up down there claiming it was a dream signing for the Huns because he supported them as a kid.

Let’s wait and see what Wright says in his first interview,I wouldn’t be surprised if he says something similar.

There’s nothing worse than an Aberdonian Hun, they are just wrong uns.
    There has been stuff said by Wright previously that he is a Dons fan and his Dad used to to take him to games, either accurate or like others at snake mountain, he just lies through his teeth. Either way he is now slime

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    There has been stuff said by Wright previously that he is a Dons fan and his Dad used to to take him to games, either accurate or like others at snake mountain, he just lies through his teeth. Either way he is now slime
    Ryan Jack used to say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I can’t say I’m that fussed. I’ll be angrier if McHunnis continues to play him

Something not Wright about Aberdeen fans from the N.E. They seem to lack the moral fibre of central belts fans. I’d never sign for those c*nts under any circumstances
    I know yer at it Mason, but you canna tar us all wi the same brush.

At the end of the day it’s 2 wrong uns in 30 years - 2 too many to be fair - but it’s only him & Judas Robertson (the rat was an Aberdonian hun and therefore beneath contempt anyway).

Under no circumstances would I or my son ever play for that disgusting filth. Moot point as it would never happen, but I would simply not allow it & I know he wouldn’t do it. All about upbringing at the end of the day.

Going there reflects very badly on the integrity of Wright (Dons fan my arse) as a human being. It also reflects very badly on the upbringing he received if his parents raised him to think going there was ok on any level. Cuunt should not be allowed back in the house.

People who go there lack any moral compass or basic decency. Imagine going though life like that.

I seriously doubt he is tough enough to make it there. Physically, we know he’s not but he’s soft as shyte mentally too so I think he’ll fold like a pack of cards as soon as the pressures on.

Either way, I genuinely wish the wee rat fuuck nothing but ill will. I will laugh like a drain when his balsa wood body packs in again. Hopefully with 5 minutes to go in the last game of the season.

Hope you rot & yer career falls apart you ungrateful disgusting piece of shyte....
    Last edited by The_Moog; 25-01-2021 at 08:37 PM.

The Romanian press today was running the story that Wright is a replacement for Ianis Hagi and Hagi will get a free transfer at the end of the season. His Dad thought working under Slippy G would be great for his son but the loon has taken absolute pelters here with demands that he takes the Hagi name off his shirt. (Nice idea – Wright could have Judas II on his back for future games). So, at the end of the season, we take in the boy and Gica as manager so he can keep an eye on him.

Good to come here and see correct commentary regarding this hun rodent: I saw the news on facebook earlier and the comments were filled with dons fans wishing him well. Lot o complete weirdos in our support, like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Lot o complete weirdos in our support, like.
    Well, you ken Pacman, donsdaft, Ohno and me, so it looks like a fair cop.

I see you’ve become an uncle. Get the Glenleiden oot.

Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast