+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 135 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You just don’t get it do you? Find me an example of when I’ve posted a link from the Guardian or the BBC and you’ll have I point.
    I’ve never made a secret of the fact that I often read the Guardian (online) and that I admire the BBC. They, amongst others, help form my views.
    What I don’t do is post extracts from them as you repeatedly do with every piece of anti EU, anti immigrant, anti Labour ‘journalism’ you can find.
    Saves him rewriting it and claiming it as original thought though, doesn't it? My understanding of forum rules of old is that its better to post links and acknowledge source than plagiarising it as original thought. Which on of the incarnations of R4J was it that gor banned for this offence?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I take it your assertion that there is no provenance for what i say is just you having a little joke again? I provide plenty of provenance, you ignore it if it doesn't suit you or misinterpret it.

Then GP complains that I've plagiarised something in the Guardian, I did explain that I'd actually used a number sources including the Times Channel 4 etc. and hadn't actually lifted it straight from one source. Seems one is damned if one does and damned if one doesn't.

But I find the ignorant prefer to remain that way and make fake allegations, still laughing at your white racism joke, that was a side splitter
    To be honest yes that was just a bit of light hearted ness, there’s too much friction around here and I aim to lighten the mood. I know all your rants are heartfelt and some do have a basis in fact, I do get a kick out of cartoonising people though and hey ho you’re (sorry your) fair game

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    "‘Is wishing he’d stop any different to censorship?’ Yes, of course it is. I’m not saying he shouldn’t be allowed to reproduce Right wing bollux...I’m saying I wish he wouldn’t use OUR forum to do it."

How very small world and forum-nationalistic of you to reference "OUR" forum. That's akin to saying that a Romanian has no right to express an opinion in OUR country just because you don't agree with it. I cant help but feel that the colour of TTR's football shirt in no way informs his political perspective. However, moving on........

Its not strange to ask your opinion - not everything you post is bollux - and given your past advocacy of keeping schools closed, its interesting that you now have done what amounts to a vault-face and support reopening. I share your concerns about too much too soon, as I imagine most of those taking/collecting will not have had the jab yet, but at least taking it home to granny may be covered off
    Hmmm...it’s a forum for fans of Derby County. Obviously other issues crop up, largely in recent years concerning Brexit and Covid.
    Just seems a bit odd to me that a guest from a rival club should be about the most contentious on here and the one who uses it as a forum for the reproduction of political articles more than any other.

My ‘advocacy of keeping schools closed’ was in the context of the rising number of Covid cases at the time. It’s not a ‘volte-face’ at all. The situation has changed, partly as a result of lockdown and partly as a result of the vaccination process. It would surely be a bit daft for my views not to have changed to accommodate the different scenario.

You’re absolutely right about ‘those taking/collecting’ which is why I’m advocating caution. Don’t understand why you didn’t recognise the same problem two months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You just don’t get it do you? Find me an example of when I’ve posted a link from the Guardian or the BBC and you’ll have I point.
    I’ve never made a secret of the fact that I often read the Guardian (online) and that I admire the BBC. They, amongst others, help form my views.
    What I don’t do is post extracts from them as you repeatedly do with every piece of anti EU, anti immigrant, anti Labour ‘journalism’ you can find.
    Thicky doesn't get it full stop. Anyone parroting a right wing trope about the BBC having left wing bias - an idea that I actually debunked a long time ago and which even a modicum of research would show isn't factual. I mean they are so left wing, Corbyn supporters are taking legal action FFS! Is frankly lost in their own world.

As for the Guardian well doubt Thicky could read it, words of more than one syllable are difficult for him, whereas dog whistle fake news he laps up and regurgitates as if its gospel! But one has to feel sad for him really, like those disappointed Trump supporters who stormed the capital, one day he will perhaps realise that those he thinks have his interests at heart don't actual give a ****, they just see such people as useful idiots!

Funnily enough there is a lot in both media that I disagree with, but I do at least trust most of what they report as reasonably factual, however I'm not simple enough to believe it all. And those articles or programmes not to my taste or at odds with my views, do at least serve the purpose of challenging ones views and making one think.

Saves him rewriting it and claiming it as original thought though, doesn't it? My understanding of forum rules of old is that its better to post links and acknowledge source than plagiarising it as original thought. Which on of the incarnations of R4J was it that gor banned for this offence?
    Not only do you not get it, you also make up stuff, how have I passed it off as original thought? Plus you were wrong, the particular piece you claimed was plagiarised, wasn't, it was a mixture of different sources albeit the original article formed the basis.

AS for Thicky being allowed to post on here, how much clearly false news and xenophonic, racist and bigoted opinions do you allow before time is called? Thats not censorship, just applying a modicum of sensible editorship. I'm sure there are plenty of online Forums where he could spout his bilge

In the sane world he would be recognised for the idiot he is, but it seems there are sympathisers with his views which is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    To be honest yes that was just a bit of light hearted ness, there’s too much friction around here and I aim to lighten the mood. I know all your rants are heartfelt and some do have a basis in fact, I do get a kick out of cartoonising people though and hey ho you’re (sorry your) fair game
    In reality I don't believe my so called "rants" have any effect, I doubt anything factual I've posted has had any impact on Thicky for instance and I've long since passed the point in life when I felt anything I said or wrote has any meaningful impact.

But I find the ignorant prefer to remain that way and make fake allegations, still laughing at your white racism joke, that was a side splitter
    I missed this little nugget. Just as your constant reference to Tricky demonstrates how much he troubles you, so too your repeated reference to being outed as being as prejudiced as we mortals. Just drop it now, your bitterness towards your own ethnic group is well understood so surely we can move on.

Not only do you not get it, you also make up stuff, how have I passed it off as original thought? Plus you were wrong, the particular piece you claimed was plagiarised, wasn't, it was a mixture of different sources albeit the original article formed the basis.

AS for Thicky being allowed to post on here, how much clearly false news and xenophonic, racist and bigoted opinions do you allow before time is called? Thats not censorship, just applying a modicum of sensible editorship. I'm sure there are plenty of online Forums where he could spout his bilge

In the sane world he would be recognised for the idiot he is, but it seems there are sympathisers with his views which is telling.
    Might I misquote the immortal Carly Simon:

"You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you, don't you....".

What part of the post refers to you, it referenced the immortal Rams 4 Justice as a plagiarist who was banned for it (among other things). I also mentioned TTR and link posting. Yet you think it's about you?

" Well I hear you went up to Saratoga
    And your horse naturally won
    Then you flew your lear jet up to Nova Scotia
    To see the total eclipse of the sun... "

https://www.politico.eu/article/the-...eca-contracts/

An interesting analysis of the UK and EU Astra Zeneca procurement contracts

Might I misquote the immortal Carly Simon:

"You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you, don't you....".

What part of the post refers to you, it referenced the immortal Rams 4 Justice as a plagiarist who was banned for it (among other things). I also mentioned TTR and link posting. Yet you think it's about you?
    I’m confused...I’ve heard James Taylor and Jagger mentioned...although Warren Beatty seemed the most likely suggestion. Are you now suggesting old Carly - nearing 76 now - was actually singing about Swale?

P.S. I think you’ve given me an ‘ear worm’ for the rest of the day.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-02-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Page 135 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)