+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebuild...

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Well finally we are beginning to see the weakness of the new owners.
    I know Davy will be ridiculed for this statement, and I think it's far too early to say something like that, but he hasn't been proved wrong yet. Hopefully he will be proved hopelessly wrong, but I see it as more of a bold statement at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I know Davy will be ridiculed for this statement, and I think it's far too early to say something like that, but he hasn't been proved wrong yet. Hopefully he will be proved hopelessly wrong, but I see it as more of a bold statement at the moment.
    Nothing wrong with a bold statement and its certainly shouldnt be ridiculed.
    But it is definitely open for discussion

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    The Brentford model is great if it works, but the bigger picture is , how many clubs have used it & don't think it's ideal for the NL, Div 2

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    The Brentford model is great if it works, but the bigger picture is , how many clubs have used it & don't think it's ideal for the NL, Div 2
    Having seen a fair range of the alternative "models", which basically involve over-spending, under-delivering and arriving on the verge of bankruptcy, I'm more than willing to give this new, fangled approach every chance. If it doesn't work, we can always go back to the long queue of billionaires with genuine intentions who are baying to own a club like ours.

I think the same, ridicule by all means if it turns out wrong. Until then it's open for discussion.

Why shouldn't it be ridiculed? He said "managers", the owners have had two managers, that's just two and the 2nd has been in for less than 3 weeks!

"Their weakness is they stick with managers too long" (the one manager that Davy didn't like or rate to an obsessive repetitive level we all witnessed). I'll ridicule it as have others as they are quite right to do.

Bold statement based on next to nowt but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear more of Davy's theory on our owners.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Why shouldn't it be ridiculed? He said "managers", the owners have had two managers, that's just two and the 2nd has been in for less than 3 weeks!

"Their weakness is they stick with managers too long" (the one manager that Davy didn't like or rate to an obsessive repetitive level we all witnessed). I'll ridicule it as have others as they are quite right to do.

Bold statement based on next to nowt but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear more of Davy's theory on our owners.
    I question the fact that Burchnall has been given a 4 year contract, to me that seems like madness, surely 2 seasons would be more reliable, you could argue just the whole of next season, otherwise if he fails to deliver the owners are back to the old problem, of having to pay him off

But as for Burchnall himself, far to early to judge, if he gets promotion this season its a bonus, its next season he vwill be judged, and i think that is fair

When managers "lose the dressing room" it's often because the players sense they can get their way by rebelling to the point where the owners have little choice but to sack the manager. I'd hope that our players never have illusions about IB's vulnerability on that score. The length of time the owners gave NA showed how long they were prepared to back a manager. To give his successor a four-year contract reinforces that message. There are bound to be some who look with disdain at a manager who was never a pro player, and who were very close with NA. That's one of the inevitable hurdles that IB is going to need time to get over, and I think we just have to be as patient and supportive as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I question the fact that Burchnall has been given a 4 year contract, to me that seems like madness, surely 2 seasons would be more reliable.
    That depends on the small print. If it's a rigid 4 years it would also seem madness to me, but if it has termination clauses (I think that's applicable to many manager contracts these days) then it isn't so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That depends on the small print. If it's a rigid 4 years it would also seem madness to me, but if it has termination clauses (I think that's applicable to many manager contracts these days) then it isn't so bad.
    Tend to agree but think it is strange that such a long contract was signed. As usual, we live in hope.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast