+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to sell Season Tickets

How to sell Season Tickets

seems to me to be something worth talking about. The Early Bird system seems to bringing in fewer purchsers and I wonder what could help.

Give us a team worth watching ideally in the top division. More of the same sometimes dire, but generally poor with the odd good, performances we've endured over the past five or six seasons just doesn't excite.

I know where I'd start but don't see that happening just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Give us a team worth watching ideally in the top division. More of the same sometimes dire, but generally poor with the odd good, performances we've endured over the past five or six seasons just doesn't excite.

I know where I'd start but don't see that happening just yet.
    Was hoping for a wee bit more negativity from you Deeranged. Maybe something more achievable in terms of pricing or how to cope with not knowing, for certain, which division we will be in, could be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Was hoping for a wee bit more negativity from you Deeranged. Maybe something more achievable in terms of pricing or how to cope with not knowing, for certain, which division we will be in, could be helpful.
    OK, freeze prices for 21/22 at same level as 20/21 for everyone that had them in 19/20 and 20/21 as a thank you for supporting the club through the troubled time of 20/21 despite getting almost no value from the tickets and for not being offered a refund on the unused portion from 19/20.

I'll stop dreaming now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    OK, freeze prices for 21/22 at same level as 20/21 for everyone that had them in 19/20 and 20/21 as a thank you for supporting the club through the troubled time of 20/21 despite getting almost no value from the tickets and for not being offered a refund on the unused portion from 19/20.

I'll stop dreaming now.
    But that might actually work and help our club to build sales for next season. I think the club needs to make some kind of gesture to All potential ST purchasers. The early bird system worked when the club was looking up, but it seems to me that with slightly declining ST sales over the seasons the offer is being made to fewer numbers.
    Some other message, like the one you propose, and maybe headed by our senior players could have a lot more impact. Dont know what the ticket boost was when Cannigia signed but maybe Charlie could help along with Cummings McMullen and Gowser?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    But that might actually work and help our club to build sales for next season. I think the club needs to make some kind of gesture to All potential ST purchasers. The early bird system worked when the club was looking up, but it seems to me that with slightly declining ST sales over the seasons the offer is being made to fewer numbers.
    Some other message, like the one you propose, and maybe headed by our senior players could have a lot more impact. Dont know what the ticket boost was when Cannigia signed but maybe Charlie could help along with Cummings McMullen and Gowser?
    Last Wednesday morning I attended the Dundee FC in the Community Trust ‘Dundee Together’ meeting held by Zoom about the Bonetti Brothers time as managers of Dundee FC.
    It was stated that the signing of Cannigia resulted in 4,000 season tickets being sold.
    Obviously the club can no longer afford signing a marque signing like Cannigia ( they could not really afford to sign Cannigia either but back then it was money no object). However in my opinion the Dundee FC board of directors need to be innovative and use other ways to get fans through the turnstiles at Dens. Selling a book of six tickets for home games which is slightly less than six PATG home games would be a step forward.
    Some Dundee supporters due to shift work etc can only attend a percentage of home games which does not justify buying a season ticket but purchasing a book of six tickets might suit their needs.
    Everyone is looking for a bargain whilst the club gets their money up front.
    I would be like purchasing a 12 timer for the swimming baths in Dundee
    Introducing a Pay at the Gate turnstile(s) for the South Enclosure might encourage former Dundee supporters to return to Dens.
    Deeranged is correct that we need a decent team on the park but the club cannot wait until the second half of each season for this to happen.
    They need to think up gimmicks to get bums on seats!

All available discounts and I mean all to those under a certain age....19 or 21 or 23.

Some private member golf clubs are giving reductions in membership fees for members up to the age of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    All available discounts and I mean all to those under a certain age....19 or 21 or 23.
    Agree with that. And to cover the cost we can start treating all adults over 23 as adults rather than reducing them back to kids' rates when they turn 65.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Last Wednesday morning I attended the Dundee FC in the Community Trust ‘Dundee Together’ meeting held by Zoom about the Bonetti Brothers time as managers of Dundee FC.
    It was stated that the signing of Cannigia resulted in 4,000 season tickets being sold.
    Obviously the club can no longer afford signing a marque signing like Cannigia ( they could not really afford to sign Cannigia either but back then it was money no object). However in my opinion the Dundee FC board of directors need to be innovative and use other ways to get fans through the turnstiles at Dens. Selling a book of six tickets for home games which is slightly less than six PATG home games would be a step forward.
    Some Dundee supporters due to shift work etc can only attend a percentage of home games which does not justify buying a season ticket but purchasing a book of six tickets might suit their needs.
    Everyone is looking for a bargain whilst the club gets their money up front.
    I would be like purchasing a 12 timer for the swimming baths in Dundee
    Introducing a Pay at the Gate turnstile(s) for the South Enclosure might encourage former Dundee supporters to return to Dens.
    Deeranged is correct that we need a decent team on the park but the club cannot wait until the second half of each season for this to happen.
    They need to think up gimmicks to get bums on seats!
    Well, you’ve not come up with anything. The 6 game tickets never going to happen, and I doubt it would make much difference either.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)