+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Start the hunt Magic....

Start the hunt Magic....

Righto, the season is over. To avoid the shambles of getting a squad together at the last minute, get looking for players NOW! No holiday. Norwich and Middlesbrough may have been impressed that you gave Fitzpatrick and Jones respectively game time. Start sniffing around there for starters. They may be keen to release some decent players on loan again. Start with a keeper, four defenders, four midfielders and two strikers then work from there😀Get a move on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Righto, the season is over. To avoid the shambles of getting a squad together at the last minute, get looking for players NOW! No holiday. Norwich and Middlesbrough may have been impressed that you gave Fitzpatrick and Jones respectively game time. Start sniffing around there for starters. They may be keen to release some decent players on loan again. Start with a keeper, four defenders, four midfielders and two strikers then work from there😀Get a move on!!
    One player who surely will get another contract is Willie Gibson who has picked up the Golden Rattle Award as the New Bazaar Doonhamers player of the year. Runner - up was Ayo Obileye and in third place Connor Shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    One player who surely will get another contract is Willie Gibson who has picked up the Golden Rattle Award as the New Bazaar Doonhamers player of the year. Runner - up was Ayo Obileye and in third place Connor Shields.
    All worthy winners. I expect Willie to be here again, but the other two will be gone to allegedly better teams, ie, teams who pay better. Cest la vie.

Definitely need to get a decent size squad from the off but it's easier said than done. We're not the best proposition compared to others In the division so players will hold out for more lucrative contracts.

guys it will be last min.com again ,only ones id keep are shields ,obileye ,gibson,mccabe ,pybus ,and possibly joseph and nortey ,the rest id let go ,queens need to get the players in early while all the decent ones havnt been offered contracts as yet .i would try to sign up jones and mebude longterm ,but i wont hold my breath on our super board throwing our manager a warchest in the wage budget department ,buying players is now a thing of the past no need when loads of decent players released every season . .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 02-05-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    guys it will be last min.com again ,only ones id keep are shields ,obileye ,gibson,mccabe ,pybus ,and possibly joseph and nortey ,the rest id let go ,queens need to get the players in early while all the decent ones havnt been offered contracts as yet .i would try to sign up jones and mebude longterm ,but i wont hold my breath on our super board throwing our manager a warchest in the wage budget department ,buying players is now a thing of the past no need when loads of decent players released every season . .

The BOD will be sensible as always and not spend money they don’t have.

Hopefully AJ can sign us up another few gems from non league football like Shields & Obileye.

All got to do with money, they won't sign anyone at the moment as they would need to start paying wages, first week in July at earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasQOS View Post
    All got to do with money, they won't sign anyone at the moment as they would need to start paying wages, first week in July at earliest.
    They can still offer them contracts for next season and beyond, if considered good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    They can still offer them contracts for next season and beyond, if considered good enough.
    Did hear that pre-season training starts on June 10th. That’s only 5 weeks away.

I think the good relationships Queens now have with Rangers and Middlesbrough will see more loans from them next season.

All the loanees have been on social media this week thanking Queens for giving them the opportunity to play first team football and wishing them well for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Did hear that pre-season training starts on June 10th. That’s only 5 weeks away.

I think the good relationships Queens now have with Rangers and Middlesbrough will see more loans from them next season.

All the loanees have been on social media this week thanking Queens for giving them the opportunity to play first team football and wishing them well for the future.

lol so preseason starts june 10nth ,all the more important to have your starting squad training together during the preseason as thats how you build better bonds and gel quick but over the last 5 or 6 seasons queens have been signing most the players near start of season or into the season ,no wonder the team cant get going until 3 months or so into season ,aj needs to get his head hard at it now and get most signed as soon as the season finishes ,guaranteeing a player having wages over preseason would be a massive sweetner to get better players signed up early .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)