+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 410 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

🙈

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Feel like we've seen a few of these about Kerr already. "Will meet", "ready to swoop", "planning to move". Hopefully the guy wants to hang around here for a bit. 500k release clause maybe helps understand his reasoning for staying here instead of moving to the EPL last year.
    Neilsen was the last, ironically to Leicester as well. The £500K clause is obviously something the boy has had inserted. Given the costs we've paid to develop him (somewhere around the £200K mark I'd say) it's not exactly a huge amount for the club and is certainly not going to be how the owner recoups his money. Let's just hope the kid wants to hang around a bit longer.

🤯

Morning lads any TRANSFER rumours as per the thread title? I think we have 3 or 4 active threads specifically aimed at hating TA so if we could keep them on there it would be grand. I'm nae mod but comon!
    I have heard nothing about players coming in apart from the David Marshall rumour last week mate.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Neilsen was the last, ironically to Leicester as well. The £500K clause is obviously something the boy has had inserted. Given the costs we've paid to develop him (somewhere around the £200K mark I'd say) it's not exactly a huge amount for the club and is certainly not going to be how the owner recoups his money. Let's just hope the kid wants to hang around a bit longer.
    Spot on mate,this player could in the future wipe out a big chunk of debt.but losing him now weakens the team and potentially deprives the owners of a lot of money down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Spot on mate,this player could in the future wipe out a big chunk of debt.but losing him now weakens the team and potentially deprives the owners of a lot of money down the line.
    It's a dangerous game with the clause being inserted. Say he has a blinder of a season. His value hits £1M or more. Unless we've offered (and he's accepted) an improved deal in that time, a club can still come & take him if they meet the release clause of £500K.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It's a dangerous game with the clause being inserted. Say he has a blinder of a season. His value hits £1M or more. Unless we've offered (and he's accepted) an improved deal in that time, a club can still come & take him if they meet the release clause of £500K.
    I would like to see our players play 50 to 100 games in the Premiership before losing them but these days players are away before they make their debut's.
    We will never reduce our debt if that keeps happening.

Would think with contracts ending on 30/6 that there may be movement after that. The Euros will also affect transfers as players values can fluctuate depending on performance. Not saying it affects us but could certainly affect clubs we are maybe dealing with as they may be looking at replacements before letting others go.
    Would hope another reason is we are looking at players to improve us not stagnate.
    As for Kerr Smith I would any fee would be initial £500k with add-ins which cost ups lead to further money coming to the club.

In terms of rumours we've seen the JDH one being mentioned…
    Who is JDH?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I would like to see our players play 50 to 100 games in the Premiership before losing them but these days players are away before they make their debut's.
    We will never reduce our debt if that keeps happening.
    Also the player will not have gained valuable experience and that will affect their development. Smith and his family seem to want to get that experience and a win win on both counts.

Page 50 of 410 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)