+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Torquay United 28.08.21 [NL]

Torquay build-up thread

The build up to the Torquay clash begins with Ian's presser...

Was more about Wrexham Monday. I think we could see a couple of changes to the line up against Torquay. Wouldn't be surprised to see JOB start, possibly Nemane and Chicksen as well. I'm hoping we have enough to put the ghost of last seasons play off's to bed with a win over Torquay and then regroup and do the same again at Wrexham. One thing's for sure IB will be looking to win every game this season, no point respected!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I think we could see a couple of changes to the line up against Torquay. Wouldn't be surprised to see JOB start, possibly Nemane and Chicksen as well.
    Which three players would you see them replacing?

After Saturday's barnstormer, my expectation would be an unchanged team...
    and then the squad/season is young enough to go again on Monday (fitness allowing and with a generous run-out for the subs).

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

and then the squad/season is young enough to go again on Monday (fitness allowing and with a generous run-out for the subs).
    IB's said in his interview there will be some rotation. I'm hoping he keeps the same starting 11 but expect to see those three get many more minutes than they did on Saturday. To be honest I'm not sure about the changes, obvious ones are JOB for Ruben or maybe a complete swap with Taylor, Nemane for DKE and Chicksen for Rawlo if he's still feeling his knock. Would mean Cameron going in the middle between Brindley and Chicksen.

Probably one of Rodrigues or Roberts I can see not getting a start/full game on Saturday with an eye on Monday night. The wing backs perhaps? Maybe Nemane for DKE so he is fresh for Wrexham. It wouldn’t hurt playing JOB from the start…especially if Roberts or Rodrigues doesn’t play. Who did JOB replace against Barnet?

A win and a draw from these two games would be great, but even 6 points from 9 in what looked like a tricky start would still be good….but obviously you don’t want to concede a victory to a team who we’ll be promotion rivals….are these next two games effectively 6 pointers?

Knowing how stiff the competition's going to be this year, I'd hate to see rotation for the sake of rotation, especially after that 0-5 win. Those 11 starters earned the right to roll it out again 7 days later - then take it from there for the Wrexham game (although he did say it would change for Wrexham as you said, OG)

Didn't IB tend to name unchanged teams at the back end of last season, and was less inclined to change the team than Ardley?
    2 games in 3 days is a different proposition though

Way too early to say any game is a 6 pointer because one of Torquay, Wrexham, or Notts could easily be out of the promotion shake up come the business end of the season.

Would take 6 points if offered from the opening 3 games, would be very happy 7, ecstatic with 9.

It’s an odd one because go unbeaten in the first 3 but draw two of them is worse than winning two and losing one. We have to win on Saturday and anything after that on Monday is a bonus.

Knowing how stiff the competition's going to be this year, I'd hate to see rotation for the sake of rotation, especially after that 0-5 win. Those 11 starters earned the right to roll it out again 7 days later - then take it from there for the Wrexham game (although he did say it would change for Wrexham as you said, OG)

Didn't IB tend to name unchanged teams at the back end of last season, and was less inclined to change the team than Ardley?
    2 games in 3 days is a different proposition though
    Just basing it on his recent interview. The good thing is JOB will be pushing for a start now, Rúben, Roberts and Taylor have to be thinking no way he’s replacing me! Makes it great for competition for places, just we
    hat we’ve needed for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    It’s an odd one because go unbeaten in the first 3 but draw two of them is worse than winning two and losing one. We have to win on Saturday and anything after that on Monday is a bonus.
    This is my view

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast