+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaccinating Kids Over 12.

Vaccinating Kids Over 12.

A number of “hand wringing” parents on news programmes tonight, “terribly worried/frightened” about getting their kids vaccinated.

How do these people manage to get through each day when virtually everything causing them to go into meltdown!?

No such f a n n y I n g around in the 60’s and 70’s with our parents ( or us kids of the time )

We just queued up, took our jabs and then compared stories and scars in the case of the TB jab in the 70’s.

Everything these days is massively overthought and people get too hung up about almost nothing.

I can’t wait to get my flu jab and a Covid booster.......I’m not a fan of needles but I’ll take anything on offer.

Getting your kids immunised could save mum or dad or grandparents.

If mine were 12-18 again I wouldn’t hesitate, in fact it’s only me badgering them now that got two of them to have it done.

My idiot son refused........he had a bad bought of Covid which served him right!

Problem is kids are hooked on social media and it is proliferated with complete BS about the vaccine and virus! I really hope schools and parents take the lead in educating kids to understand the benefits.

Difficult one - this age group are still growing and how many of this age group have died - almost none! I know educated parents who are on the fence which includes doctors and pharmacists. Trust in the government or scientists - why should they! If oldies or those who are vulnerable and think this age group could spread Covid - then wear a mask or take your chances. It’s that simple! Going into supermarkets it’s the very old who stand on top of you and not the young ones in my experience.

Mental health issues and cancer waiting lists are going through the roof! So not an easy decision the 12-15 age group and any decision should be respected. Some say kids in the USA of this age group have become ill - are they really fit and healthy or are they totally overweight?

On the booster jab this country are talking of possibly mixing the vaccines so the booster could be different from the first two. Personal choice but I certainly won’t have a booster if offered the cheapy Oxford. I would rather take my chances.

This government change their mind like the wind - vaccine passports - scrap vaccine passports - introduce PCR tests for travel now want to look at scrapping it. It’s now the turn of the 12-15 age group to be guinea pigs so can see why many are hesitant.

What next flu jabs for youngsters FFS. In my view I can understand having the flu jab is a safety precaution for the over 50’s. That said never had flu in my life and surprise surprise it tends to be the same people who seem to get the flu and have migraines.

Fresh air works wonders! Everyone is different and I would be classed as more vulnerable than many but now I have decided to take my chances and what will be will be, know another person last week who was 39 who went to the gym every day and didn’t drink or smoke and dropped dead of a heart attack.

Funny old world

[QUOTE=baggieal;39866094]Difficult one - this age group are still growing and how many of this age group have died - almost none! I know educated parents who are on the fence which includes doctors and pharmacists. Trust in the government or scientists - why should they! If oldies or those who are vulnerable and think this age group could spread Covid - then wear a mask or take your chances. It’s that simple! Going into supermarkets it’s the very old who stand on top of you and not the young ones in my experience.

Mental health issues and cancer waiting lists are going through the roof! So not an easy decision the 12-15 age group and any decision should be respected. Some say kids in the USA of this age group have become ill - are they really fit and healthy or are they totally overweight?

On the booster jab this country are talking of possibly mixing the vaccines so the booster could be different from the first two. Personal choice but I certainly won’t have a booster if offered the cheapy Oxford. I would rather take my chances.

This government change their mind like the wind - vaccine passports - scrap vaccine passports - introduce PCR tests for travel now want to look at scrapping it. It’s now the turn of the 12-15 age group to be guinea pigs so can see why many are hesitant.

What next flu jabs for youngsters FFS. In my view I can understand having the flu jab is a safety precaution for the over 50’s. That said never had flu in my life and surprise surprise it tends to be the same people who seem to get the flu and have migraines.

Fresh air works wonders! Everyone is different and I would be classed as more vulnerable than many but now I have decided to take my chances and what will be will be, know another person last week who was 39 who went to the gym every day and didn’t drink or smoke and dropped dead of a heart attack.

Funny old world. Red wine for example in moderation can prevent some cancers - fact!

Great post Al - as a pharmacist, Covid vaccinator and parent of 2 ****agers myself I am not advocating for them to be jabbed. On the basis that it doesn't prevent infection or transmission to others who if vulnerable are over 90% likely to be jabbed so are already protected.

The Covid risk to the very young is vanishingly low, but their bodies are very different to the rest of us and the emerging evidence of side effects with the vaccines means I cannot as a health professional, let alone as a parent, support it - there is no benefit, that's why the JCVI don't support it but left the door open for Chief Medical Officers to "consider" the wider societal issue of disruption to education so "on balance" they are for it. Why?? The uptake of the vaccine amongst adults is beyond the wildest expectations of Whitehall so any of them who work in schools are protected - the remaining doses would be better diverted to those countries in greater need. We are now seeing soundbytes such as being "3 times less/more likely to......" if jabbed - well 3 times a tiny risk is an even tinier risk. The long term effects are not known so why should the young be put in a situation where they are made to feel they are part of the problem?

I'm incandescent at how the science is used when it suits and discarded when it doesn't, the fear that has been spread as though this virus is a threat to the human race - it clearly isn't. We should now stop antigen testing and move to antibody testing to more accurately model how much the entire population is immune but that would reduce the reliance on big Pharma eh.

Too much overthinking in my opinion.

As for the “cheapie” Astra Xenica, I’d quite happily take another dose on top of the two I’ve already had and I have no issue if I get Phizer this time around.

We should be vaccinating the whole population rather than prevaricating, the difference these vaccines have already made to hospitalisation and death rates is staggering.

I’ve no doubt the people who avoid the vaccine or don’t allow their kids to take it will be the same people moaning when we all get locked up again this winter.

With a lot less science in the 60’s and 70’s millions of us took jabs at school that have staved off terrible illnesses, thank god we didn’t overthink so much in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Great post Al - as a pharmacist, Covid vaccinator and parent of 2 ****agers myself I am not advocating for them to be jabbed. On the basis that it doesn't prevent infection or transmission to others who if vulnerable are over 90% likely to be jabbed so are already protected.

The Covid risk to the very young is vanishingly low, but their bodies are very different to the rest of us and the emerging evidence of side effects with the vaccines means I cannot as a health professional, let alone as a parent, support it - there is no benefit, that's why the JCVI don't support it but left the door open for Chief Medical Officers to "consider" the wider societal issue of disruption to education so "on balance" they are for it. Why?? The uptake of the vaccine amongst adults is beyond the wildest expectations of Whitehall so any of them who work in schools are protected - the remaining doses would be better diverted to those countries in greater need. We are now seeing soundbytes such as being "3 times less/more likely to......" if jabbed - well 3 times a tiny risk is an even tinier risk. The long term effects are not known so why should the young be put in a situation where they are made to feel they are part of the problem?

I'm incandescent at how the science is used when it suits and discarded when it doesn't, the fear that has been spread as though this virus is a threat to the human race - it clearly isn't. We should now stop antigen testing and move to antibody testing to more accurately model how much the entire population is immune but that would reduce the reliance on big Pharma eh.

Totally agree! I have a very healthy child in that age bracket so chances are if she caught it she would hardly notice.
    Doubtful whether she will have the vaccine and her choice as a very bright child. The government are talking about a possible surge again but hey - night clubs are at full throttle and football crowds are full of ****s of which many have decided not to take it.

The Oxford was firstly given to ****agers but then stopped as it was deemed more risks and girls could be prone to fertility problems. So the ones who had it must be worrying! As a vulnerable individual now - I would only take the booster if it was the same vaccine like they are doing so in the USA.

I will take my chances now and to be honest even though I am double jabbed, I still so respect those who won't have it done. It's an individual decision which needs to be respected. I know educated parents who refuse for their kids to have the MMR because of the links to autism and I get that too!

Wrote a long and detailed post which the site was kind enough to prevent me from posting. In short I'm double jabbed with the AZ vaccine and recently tested positive for Covid.

I also have antibodies present. Apparently these are unlikely to be present due to my recent infection, and are more likely to have come from the vaccinations or a much milder previous infection.

I'm just grateful I had something to help me keep the worst of Covid at bay. For background I'm ex Forces, physically fit and probably the furthest thing from being a hypochondriac as you can get.

Will I have a booster jab if offered? Damned right I will. For those who don't then all of the very best with your health moving forward.

For any 12-15 year olds reading this open forum all I will say is this. I had no reactions to either of my jabs and I'm relieved that I had them early enough to make a difference.

Best of luck and good health to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Wrote a long and detailed post which the site was kind enough to prevent me from posting. In short I'm double jabbed with the AZ vaccine and recently tested positive for Covid.

I also have antibodies present. Apparently these are unlikely to be present due to my recent infection, and are more likely to have come from the vaccinations or a much milder previous infection.

I'm just grateful I had something to help me keep the worst of Covid at bay. For background I'm ex Forces, physically fit and probably the furthest thing from being a hypochondriac as you can get.

Will I have a booster jab if offered? Damned right I will. For those who don't then all of the very best with your health moving forward.

For any 12-15 year olds reading this open forum all I will say is this. I had no reactions to either of my jabs and I'm relieved that I had them early enough to make a difference.

I dread to think if 12-15 year olds came on this site to witness old grumbling men complaining, whinging (that includes me).. i’d stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

Ex forces you may be but a scientist with 100% data on this issue you are not. Children of this age are still growing and there could be all sorts of issues. The Oxford was actually given to some young people and then it was decided to ditch it - that’s great if a young girl for example now has fertility problems!

As mentioned previously many doctors and pharmacists are not convinced and don’t want their child to have the vaccine - WCV is a pharmacist too and he backed this up! It’s up to the children in this age bracket in my opinion and this opinion counts more than anyone who currently does not have a child in this age bracket. Perhaps if your child was overweight or had breathing issues then you may want them to take the vaccine.

Not heard of many children who have encountered difficulties with Covid or died. Protection of others? I am sure family of this age bracket will take their chances if a child does not want it? Others? Well that’s a bit rich when thousands of adults have not been vaccinated or 3 million people ( news ) did not quarantine when entering the country.

Completely up to the child and my daughter is very bright so after discussing the pros and cons it’s up to her without any pressure.

Boris/Scientists should focus more on nightclubs and raves/festivals all open with no Covid passports or masks as their first priority.

I have been double jabbed but will only take the same vaccine for the booster as they are doing in the States or they can stuff it.

If views differ to mine - I fully respect them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)