+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Interesting Facts Emerging About PMG

Some Interesting Facts Emerging About PMG

One or two posters who are clearly either accountants or have extremely good knowledge of business accounting on bbs are raising some serious concerns about our owners right now .

Clearly recent events shall we say have led to these posters to examine the club's financial position at this moment in time .

Bear with me I'm far from an expert in this field , most of it goes over my head so I'm completely led by others on the matter .

What I do know as a reader on bbs is that the posters historically haven't had an agenda against PMG but are now seeing them in another light and providing evidence that is extremely worrying to say the least .

Money taken out of the club as repayment for the purchase as an instalment is one find , to the tune of £750k .

There also evidence of a third party in Hong Kong and some kind of tax evasion strategy .

It's probably all legal and above board which probably will satisfy one or two on here no doubt .

My point is that money the club generates is getting used to purchase the club rather than out of the pockets of PMG .

Money that a club of this size in the championship would in all reality be best spent on the field or maintaining the stadium .

Interesting read on there right now if you care to read some of the posts .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    One or two posters who are clearly either accountants or have extremely good knowledge of business accounting on bbs are raising some serious concerns about our owners right now .

Clearly recent events shall we say have led to these posters to examine the club's financial position at this moment in time .

Bear with me I'm far from an expert in this field , most of it goes over my head so I'm completely led by others on the matter .

What I do know as a reader on bbs is that the posters historically haven't had an agenda against PMG but are now seeing them in another light and providing evidence that is extremely worrying to say the least .

Money taken out of the club as repayment for the purchase as an instalment is one find , to the tune of £750k .

There also evidence of a third party in Hong Kong and some kind of tax evasion strategy .

It's probably all legal and above board which probably will satisfy one or two on here no doubt .

My point is that money the club generates is getting used to purchase the club rather than out of the pockets of PMG .

Money that a club of this size in the championship would in all reality be best spent on the field or maintaining the stadium .

There’s a question for you right there.
    One for you to ask Khaled.
    Get it written down ready for the event.
    ( I think tha’d better cos tha only likely to forget )

If it is true then I don’t agree with what’s happened there.
    Money generated should definitely be channeled towards the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    There’s a question for you right there.
    One for you to ask Khaled.
    Get it written down ready for the event.
    ( I think tha’d better cos tha only likely to forget )

If it is true then I don’t agree with what’s happened there.
    Money generated should definitely be channeled towards the club.
    I'm going to give you my personal history Nudge .

I've battled with these kind of people almost my entire working life in a representative capacity .

I'm pretty decent when it comes to spotting open goals of which you yourself present almost most of the time .

Presentation of the facts is something you appear to
    struggle with .

But let's that put this to one side because it isn't about either you or me .

There is absolutely no way that the current CEO in 3 weeks time is going to present any open goals to anybody .

These people are smart , educated and well trained in how to control meetings such as these .

Doesn't make them right though .

Just because you ask the right questions doesn't mean you receive the honest answers is where I'm at .

What controls this narrative are events , events are the truth .

Events are indisputable .

This game is a long one and I've deduced that and the future of this club won't be decided in 3 weeks time in The Garrison that I do know .

Events and pressure from fans own media models is the play in my opinion .

What I've deduced is that PMG do not like publicity what so ever , in the murky world and in the background is where they want to sit .

The less you know the more benefit to them .

I don't underestimate them by any means but I'm fairly convinced they underestimate this town and it's support .

Events tell no lies and it doesn't matter how many accounts they are in Hong Kong that will change that .

It’s no great revelation really. That’s how they worked at Nice and what they always planned to do here and at the other clubs. Split the investment between several parties to minimise the financial risk to start with and then get back the investment through club loans etc

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

You mean tax avoidance Animal, not evasion. That's not a dig just a genuine observation. The two things are worlds apart. One is immoral. The other illegal.

It is a really good thread on the BBS called To those fans who are sceptical of us who don't trust the 80%. A very interesting read which should concern us all. One of the posters has for a long time been calling for patience with the owners, but he is now very concerned. When people like that start to think something is not right, you know in your gut that it isn't

Unrest grew amongst OGC Nice fans when a similar strategy of using the club's money to finance the purchase of the club emerged. It was just a matter of time until they were found out here at Barnsley doing the same thing.

Honesty and transparency required as things unravel on many fronts.

Summat's not reyt darn theear

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Unrest grew amongst OGC Nice fans when a similar strategy of using the club's money to finance the purchase of the club emerged. It was just a matter of time until they were found out here at Barnsley doing the same thing.

All perfectly legal of course as tax avoidance is .

The real question is are they running the business in the best possible way , the best possible way that gives the team to best opportunity to succeed whilst maintaining the stadium in a manner befitting a club in the championship which they are obliged to do under the tenancy agreement ?

The answer to that is probably NO given £750k of its own income has been used as part of an instalment to purchase the club when the consortium are more than capable of paying for it out from their own funds .

Especially one who have one of the smallest income streams in the championship and played 28 consecutive home games without fans due to a global pandemic .

So whilst the legality of it is not in question the question is are these people fit to run this club ?

I'd suggest not .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Using the club's money to pay for the purchase is not an issue in itself is it SB - to be fair they've always said the club would be run on a self financing basis? It's more the stuff that's going on around the periphery, lack of communication on key events, shutting the west stand (when the council say it's safe - and therefore I believe it's safe), the situation with car parking, the reasons staff are leaving, the rumours of moving the club elsewhere, just the general poor attitude of the owners to the fans. Summats definitely not reyt darn theear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Using the club's money to pay for the purchase is not an issue in itself is it SB - to be fair they've always said the club would be run on a self financing basis? It's more the stuff that's going on around the periphery, lack of communication on key events, shutting the west stand (when the council say it's safe - and therefore I believe it's safe), the situation with car parking, the reasons staff are leaving, the rumours of moving the club elsewhere, just the general poor attitude of the owners to the fans. Summats definitely not reyt darn theear.
    No need to worry - because……

1) Khaled has said only in the last few days that he wants openness and transparency at the club.

2) Animal has a list of questions he’s going to ask Khaled at the next Q&A session.

Put those 2 things together and the rest of us can lean back and wait for the results.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast