+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superman

Superman

DC Comics reveal new Superman is bi***ual having a relationship with his friend.'

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    DC Comics reveal new Superman is bi***ual having a relationship with his friend.'
    I hope Batman's around to save me then 🤣

The world HAS gone mad!

The next James Bond will almost certainly be a Bi s3xual also cus thats what the general public is clamouring for changing genders worked well for Dr Who but just dont look at the viewing figures.

Does make me wonder sometimes whether there’s a bigger agenda to somehow make us all become one ***, gender? it’s going too far.. but it’s headlines like this on the bbc that make people click the link. We all think the same of it, the writer will think.. oh my article was read by so many, in that case i’ll write more of these stories. The consequences of this example happens right across the board. Racism headlines encourage clicks.. then it’s us here debate and argue, same with the petrol crisis.. the overall impact it causes is division.

Anyway, i’ve gone off tangent here. I don’t know why DC and even those like Netflix need to be or be needing to promote these? I don’t have anything against those that are gay or bi***ual but it’s just pure tokenism that seems to be the populis direction they all take. It’s as if they are trying to promote and encourage people to come out? What do you all think?

To be honest Regis, I don't know what to think. It's beyond me.

I think it’s more a case of being terrified as being identified as not having gay, bi s e x u a l or black in your offering be you a media outlet, a TV programme or a franchise like Superman.

Nobody want to be seen as not engaging with LBGT issues.

I’d be interested to know how many openly gay people everyone on here has worked with during their working life and how many same s e x couples have lived on streets you’ve lived on?

In 43 years of work I have worked with one gay man and two women.

I have lived in six different houses and have never been in the same street or estate as a same s e x couple.

Although this is now an accepted part of life but it is vastly over represented in all parts of film and media.

It's quite a clever marketing tactic from DC. Their target audience isn't adult men who follow football, it's young ****agers who are far more liberal these days. They couldn't give a monkeys about upsetting anyone else, as they won't be the ones buying the comic. The more that older generations give it attention, the more the young liberals buy it. There is probably a massively growing young LGBT market for comic heroes with shared values.

Bond on the other hand is a disaster waiting to happen. Give us a more liberal Bond, away from the character that Fleming created and it's main audience won't follow it. You can see it coming a billion miles off.

There's a true saying 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'. This applies to film and television. Look at 'The Italian Job'. The new version was set in America for God's sake. Bore no resemblance to the original. Why call it 'The Italian Job?' Bond in it's current format has been extremely successful so why change it?

It’s all a form of anarchy; instead of violent street protests that have been the hallmark of anarchist activity, the focus is now more surreptitious by using the media, who are , by and large, conveniently left of centre. Break down the values that are held by the vast majority of people and try to shame anyone that disagrees. There’s so much fake news about nowadays that more and more people, especially the young, swallow it. The majority, I fear, do not realise that they are being hoodwinked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)