+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham home games go back behind closed doors

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    UTM did you see the study done in Israel, vaccinated people had a 6 to 7 chance of catching covid than the none vaccinated, and that those who got the delta virus had a 27 times better immunity than being vaccinated, but of cause the west have no interest in natural immunity.

So if the below is to be believed, we have probably sacked people who could have better immune systems than the vaccinated, if only we would test people for T and B cells

https://www.timesofisrael.com/study-...than-vaccines/

https://www.outkick.com/study-natura...e-than-pfizer/

Also read this below from the British Medical Journal, talk about a conflict of interests, i never knew this, but you lot probably did?

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom...-public-sight/
    Israel yesterday announced rolling out the 4th jab to over 60s to tackle Omicron.

Denmark are 80% vaxxed and are seeing it rip through that country.

If we're ignoring severity and restricting/locking down on cases alone then how can football avoid something at least approaching a repeat of 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    The more I see from the way other countries are introducing restrictions etc, including the other home nations, the more I am convinced Boris will in England. That's what the original post was about. I reckon he will announce it on Dec 27th to take immediate effect, and closing stadiums will be part of it.
    I think the same. It will be a pleasant surprise if I attend the Wrexham game in person rather than watch it via a live stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think the same. It will be a pleasant surprise if I attend the Wrexham game in person rather than watch it via a live stream.
    I wonder how many games Dover will be prepared to play BCD? Kings Lynn might not be persuaded to carry on either this time around. 6th tier being null and void for a 2nd successive season would be nuts.

Even the Guardian appears to be withdrawing support for another lockdown now - Owen Jones "Public support for lockdown measures is disintegrating - a new approach is needed".
    But also on their live feed "Fourth vaccine dose ‘could be needed against Omicron’; not enough data on severity, says WHO".

What an absolute mess this is.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I wonder how many games Dover will be prepared to play BCD? Kings Lynn might not be persuaded to carry on either this time around. 6th tier being null and void for a 2nd successive season would be nuts.

Even the Guardian appears to be withdrawing support for another lockdown now - Owen Jones "Public support for lockdown measures is disintegrating - a new approach is needed".
    But also on their live feed "Fourth vaccine dose ‘could be needed against Omicron’; not enough data on severity, says WHO".

What an absolute mess this is.
    Indeed.

However I constantly laugh at the vaccine comments around "provides 50% immunity against spreading or catching COVID" or whatever phrase is used by whatever Government or Health Agency. Yes 50% for each interaction. if you are in a group situation and you come across a person in a group several times - which is very very likely - then 50% means nothing, you would need something like 98 or 99% for it to be a meaningful statistic. That includes things such as class rooms, families, and ..football matches. I am double vaxxed but I won't be having further vaccinations. It's now entirely pointless to me given that it appears the latest strain is pretty much nothing more than a bad cold for the majority and I have no underlying health conditions and the more vaxxed I am the more likely I probably am to spread it. Time to sell those Pfizer shares I think.

Office for National Statistics

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey, early analysis of characteristics associated with the Omicron variant among Covid-19 infections, UK: 21 December 2021

"Vaccination status: those who have received three doses of a vaccine and test positive for COVID-19 are more likely to be infected with infections compatible with the Omicron variant compared with those who are unvaccinated, though individuals who had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine continued to be less likely to test positive for COVID-19, regardless of variant. It is too early to draw conclusions from our data on the effectiveness of vaccines against the Omicron variant."

"The analysis is based only on individuals who test positive with a high viral load (Ct < 30) and have gene pattern OR + N, OR + N + S, OR + S or N + S."

https://www.ons.gov.uk/news/statemen...20december2021
    Ok, but

Looks like the odds are Triple vaxxed are twice as likely to test positive as double vaxxed according to latest ONS figures
    does not mean the same as

those who have received three doses of a vaccine and test positive for COVID-19 are more likely to be infected with infections compatible with the Omicron variant compared with those who are unvaccinated
    especially when followed by

individuals who had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine continued to be less likely to test positive for COVID-19, regardless of variant.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Ok, but

does not mean the same as

especially when followed by
    What does the file with the figures say about triple vax positives for Omicron compared to double vax?

What puzzles me is that if this wave is being driven by the vaccinated and we are told that most footballers have not been vaccinated, why is there such a large number of them testing positive?

Quote Originally Posted by salmagundi View Post
    What puzzles me is that if this wave is being driven by the vaccinated and we are told that most footballers have not been vaccinated, why is there such a large number of them testing positive?
    From what I have read most footballers are vaccinated there is just a higher majority than average not vaccinated. There is a large difference between testing positive and being the major spreader.

What does the file with the figures say about triple vax positives for Omicron compared to double vax?
    Where did you mention Omicron?

You just said 'twice as likely to test positive', which is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Where did you mention Omicron?

You just said 'twice as likely to test positive', which is not true.
    I should have done but as Omicron is what we're dealing with now, - in becoming the dominant strain - I didn't think to specify. Sorry. It should be pretty obvious though that the point is that being triple jabbed isn't going to be of much use in this regard, hence the WHO and Israel taking the first step towards jab number 4 and the rest of the world presumably about to follow.

Maybe there's a 6 month old peer reviewed paper out there that suggests otherwise that we could all read aloud over and over again to make the problem magically disappear.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast