+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The one person we cannot afford to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I disagree a tad. IB has improved players with little to no reputation. I am not convinced he would want a job where he simply buys the players with little to no scope to improve them. I firmly believe he is wholeheartedly in to the project, the players, the owners, the club and the fans.
    I also think he is on a long term contract. I’m sure I read it was a 3 or 4 year contract.
    I was talking about other clubs’ interest in IB, not his interest in other clubs. Personally, I hope he’s that rarest of beasts - a manager who gets to see out his contract at NCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I must admit like many others i was a bit sceptical of his appointment. However, seeing how the team is developing and producing decent football, i would hope that he stays to get us back to where we belong. In the EFL..

Reading your post Durham has made me warm inside and a little emotional.

There is no better barometer, no clearer indication that IB is a talented head coach who knows what he is doing, and that #burchball when played effectively provides entertaining football the way football should be played than durhampie's words earlier today.

The #bandwagon has just picked up some serious momentum with a significant addition.

Thank you Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I must admit like many others i was a bit sceptical of his appointment. However, seeing how the team is developing and producing decent football, i would hope that he stays to get us back to where we belong. In the EFL..
    I was a little surprised when IB was appointed. However, he is proving to be an outstanding coach who fully compliments our owners. His attitude appears to be commanding and calm. The combination of LB and the Reedtz brothers is having a wonderful impact on the whole persona of Notts County. In the sixty plus years of supporting Notts, I have never been as pleased with the whole set up as I am now. We may just have some wonderful years to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I was a little surprised when IB was appointed. However, he is proving to be an outstanding coach who fully compliments our owners. His attitude appears to be commanding and calm. The combination of LB and the Reedtz brothers is having a wonderful impact on the whole persona of Notts County.
    This I can agree with.

In the sixty plus years of supporting Notts, I have never been as pleased with the whole set up as I am now. We may just have some wonderful years to look forward to.
    This I can't agree with. Your support beats me by 10 years, but I don't think anything will ever come close to the Dunnett / Sirrel / Wheeler set up we had in the earlier years of my support. We were at the arse end of Division 4 back then, and they took us way higher. This isn't meant to be negative to the current set up, but you say "We may just have some wonderful years to look forward to". I agree, but the names I've mentioned definitely did give us some wonderful years to look back on.

Very difficult to argue with those comments Elite. They were wonderful times. I remember Sirrel being interviewed following a new player joining Notts. The interviewer asked if he would be playing on the Saturday. Jimmy replied; “He has to get into the reserves first.”

Very difficult to argue with those comments Elite. They were wonderful times. I remember Sirrel being interviewed following a new player joining Notts. The interviewer asked if he would be playing on the Saturday. Jimmy replied; “He has to get into the reserves first.”
    The only blot on Jimmy's career at Notts was that he signed Sammy chapman from the dark side, meaning Brian Stubbs never got to play in the 1st Div..... Oh and Ricky green..

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I would be very disappointed and suprised if IB moved on at the seasons end as it was stability and our model that brought him here
    In a game where loyalty is rare, I wouldn't normally read too much into that narrative, but in IB's case I really do believe his reasoning was/is genuine. He said he wanted to be here a long time and to really build something, and I think he's a perfect match with the owners, so unless he got an offer from much higher up that blew him away, I'm optimistic IB will be around for the long(er) haul. I hope so anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Ian Burchnall. If we don’t go up this season I fear he may be tempted away. That is why we should retain every single player if we can in order to leave him options.
    The only exception should be if a player is really unhappy and then not to a National League promotion rival.
    The other option in that scenario would be a loan with recall option
    I agree, but I wonder how many will only agree till the next poor result.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    I agree, but I wonder how many will only agree till the next poor result.
    I was so very tempted to write something very similar earlier today, but I'm glad someone else did. When I was reading the complimentary posts concerning IB I couldn't help but think the same as applepie2.

The thread is very one sided currently (thankfully) due to a string of victories and good results but as history tells us it will only take a single poor result for the NCM narrative to swing more than a North Shropshire by-election.

When that poor result happens I expect this season's recruitment to be examined, IBs managerial experience to be questioned, owners ambitions questioned and possibly a full root and branch review of the club to occur#viva

Until then we can but hope for more victories, more positive one sided threads.

Onwards and upwards*

* - To the play offs once again.

I was a little surprised when IB was appointed. However, he is proving to be an outstanding coach who fully compliments our owners. His attitude appears to be commanding and calm. The combination of LB and the Reedtz brothers is having a wonderful impact on the whole persona of Notts County. In the sixty plus years of supporting Notts, I have never been as pleased with the whole set up as I am now. We may just have some wonderful years to look forward to.

isn't time a healer , I remember when he was being criticised for the way his eyes moved FFS !!!!
    On top of this our very own Charlie slater seemed to have a dislike for IB when he first started questioning his credentials in public and on air.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast