+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The one person we cannot afford to lose.

The one person we cannot afford to lose.

Ian Burchnall. If we don’t go up this season I fear he may be tempted away. That is why we should retain every single player if we can in order to leave him options.
    The only exception should be if a player is really unhappy and then not to a National League promotion rival.
    The other option in that scenario would be a loan with recall option

To counter your point, would anyone want to lure him away if we don't go up?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    If we did sell Cal, Rodders & Wootton some chairmen might like the idea of having a coach who can improve his players cash value.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffthewalls View Post
    If we did sell Cal, Rodders & Wootton some chairmen might like the idea of having a coach who can improve his players cash value.
    That would require a forward thinking and patient board, it seems like we are thankfully one of the few with that in place, are their any others? Maybe Accrington and Wycombe but that would need them to fire their successful managers first

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think so unless we had a total car crash, missing top spot and then a decent attempt in the play offs would be seen by neutrals as good especially with the style of play he’s implemented in a fairly short period of time.

I would be very disappointed and suprised if IB moved on at the seasons end as it was stability and our model that brought him here

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I would be very disappointed and suprised if IB moved on at the seasons end as it was stability and our model that brought him here
    Regardless of how the season ends, successful or otherwise I echo these sentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Ian Burchnall. If we don’t go up this season I fear he may be tempted away. That is why we should retain every single player if we can in order to leave him options.
    The only exception should be if a player is really unhappy and then not to a National League promotion rival.
    The other option in that scenario would be a loan with recall option
    I had an unpleasant thought after the Wrexham game that if I were their owners, IB would be exactly the type of manager I’d be looking to recruit for the project.

I’m also sure that clubs with more resources than ours will be fully aware of what IB is doing at Notts and will have him on their radar, but especially if - pretty pretty please - he gets us promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I had an unpleasant thought after the Wrexham game that if I were their owners, IB would be exactly the type of manager I’d be looking to recruit for the project.

I’m also sure that clubs with more resources than ours will be fully aware of what IB is doing at Notts and will have him on their radar, but especially if - pretty pretty please - he gets us promoted.
    I disagree a tad. IB has improved players with little to no reputation. I am not convinced he would want a job where he simply buys the players with little to no scope to improve them. I firmly believe he is wholeheartedly in to the project, the players, the owners, the club and the fans.
    I also think he is on a long term contract. I’m sure I read it was a 3 or 4 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Regardless of how the season ends, successful or otherwise I echo these sentiments.
    I must admit like many others i was a bit sceptical of his appointment. However, seeing how the team is developing and producing decent football, i would hope that he stays to get us back to where we belong. In the EFL..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast