+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Burchnall gone - BBC

Parting message:

“While I am grateful and excited for the new opportunity that has been presented to me, it is with a great deal of sadness that I say goodbye to a club that I will always hold close to my heart.

“I wish to give particular thanks to the board, who not only gave me the chance to work as a head coach in England for the first time but also provided me with magnificent resources, freedom and support. I can’t speak highly enough of them and can only see the club going from strength to strength under their leadership.

“To the staff in the offices, led by the brilliant Jason Turner, and my colleagues in the football department, I say a huge thank you for welcoming me so warmly from day one. There are so many talented, hard-working and passionate people behind the scenes at Meadow Lane who ensure the club operates far beyond the level it finds itself in the footballing pyramid. I will miss working with them day-to-day and sincerely hope they all get the success they deserve next season.

“I am also grateful to the players, who put their faith in our philosophy and delivered many exceptional and entertaining performances. I know they are hurting as much as me about how our season ended but, with the ability in the squad and no doubt several quality additions to come this summer, I am sure promotion will be a very realistic aim in 2022-23.

“Finally, our supporters. After a somewhat fractured start having been unable to meet you due to Covid, it’s been an absolute pleasure getting to know you all and an honour to represent your club. Of course, leaving without the promotion we all crave is not how I wanted this to end, but I hope on reflection we can all look back on a period in Notts’ history where the team played some outstanding football and many individual players saw huge improvements in their game.

“Good luck next season - and thank you for everything.”

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If it is confirmed that they are still paying off the debt recklessly racked up by the previous owner then I must send them a thank you card.
    If there was no debt and Hardy had still wanted to sell it, they would have had to pay x million more to purchase the club.
    As it was, Hardy was desperate and had to take what little he could.
    I'll say it again. The debt was part of the purchase price.

The most depressing part of this is that we are 2 divisions lower than the mighty Forest Green Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If there was no debt and Hardy had still wanted to sell it, they would have had to pay x million more to purchase the club.
    As it was, Hardy was desperate and had to take what little he could.
    I'll say it again. The debt was part of the purchase price.
    The thing is when you buy a football club what you are told and what you think the level of debt is when you agree on a purchase price and sign the papers isn't always the actual level of debt you inherit. It can be shockingly different#millions

The prime example that springs to mind is Notts County FC in the not too distant past.

That was soon in my head as a concern. There three players instantly I would be very disappointed if they went with him.

I don't believe IBs time at Notts warrants anyone to be delighted or devastated with his departure. I suspect 95% will be somewhere in between those extremes.
    I for one am disappointed, but we move on..!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Anyone who think the Reedtz brothers aren't investing doesn't understand what on earth they are talking about. Since they've come in, we have a training ground, the infrastructure behind the scenes has improved immeasurably and we've been up and around the promotion places in all seasons.

Just because they won't spend £8k a week on Ollie Palmer (I literally can not believe how much Wrexham and Stockport have paid for some of their players!) doesn't mean they're not investing in the football club, they're doing wisely which means putting in foundations to allow us to grow in the long term rather than short term gains that bankrupt us
    This.! Nice post ...

Not shred of disappointment from me, but some real anger!! He went into our most important game of the season already knowing him and Doyle were off!! The timing disrupted our team and they went into that game destabilised led by two guys who genuinely didn't give a toss!! He should of been replaced two months ago when we still had genuine chance of success. So goodbye and good riddance!

The thing is when you buy a football club what you are told and what you think the level of debt is when you agree on a purchase price and sign the papers isn't always the actual level of debt you inherit. It can be shockingly different#millions

The prime example that springs to mind is Notts County FC in the not too distant past.
    And on that note (your final line) some basic research and due diligence would have told them that the club was in a huge mess. Both Trew and Hardy went public about the debt, Trew I think quoting actual figures and Hardy using the phrase "putting out fires" and then you've got all of the appearances in the high court for winding up orders. Are we seriously suggesting they were not aware the club was in serious debt and that they would have believed Hardy was being totally honest and not playing it down?

They could of course have held out and waited to pick the club up for nothing and debt free. [Sarcasm]Perhaps they had an emotional attachment to the creditors who would have lost out[/sarcasm], maybe they were desperate to avoid the points deduction thinking they could get the club immediately back up again, I suspect they went for it because they knew other consortiums would pop up showing serious interest once the club was in admin and that an administrator would likely see fit to select somebody other than them.

Having lost out on Wrexham for whatever reason, they probably were that bit more desperate to secure control of Notts and Hardy was equally desperate to agree to a price they could afford, with the Danes then believing themselves capable of managing the debts whilst delivering success on the field, exactly as Trew and Hardy had, bereft of the financial clout to deal with it once and for all and compete to a level the club and its attendance's should expect. Opportunists who would never have got near Notts in normal circumstances.

12 years to the day Cotterill left for Portsmouth - what's he up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Not shred of disappointment from me, but some real anger!! He went into our most important game of the season already knowing him and Doyle were off!! The timing disrupted our team and they went into that game destabilised led by two guys who genuinely didn't give a toss!! He should of been replaced two months ago when we still had genuine chance of success. So goodbye and good riddance!
    Absolutely
    Would the players have known or at least picked up on it?
    They would have noticed that when interviewed he declined the opportunity to say 'I'm staying at Notts County'

If your leader is jumping ship, how can that not affect your mental focus and performance?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast