+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Burchnall gone - BBC

Ian Burchnall gone - BBC

Quote Originally Posted by shoot_five View Post
    Too much to expect that there get the story right about us losing to Grimsby in the SF...Nevermind

Final 5th tier league record (not incl cup and play offs)

Ian Burchnall Pld 60 PPG 1.77 Win percentage 52% Draws 22% Lost 27% Goals per game 1.78 Against per game 1.18

For comparison, 5th tier only
    Neal Ardley Pld 64 PPG 1.70 Win percentage 47% Draws 30% Lost 23% Goals per game 1.52 Against per game 0.94

Burch leaves us one place higher than the day he came in.

At least some good news for today :-)

I didn't think it'd happen. Now it has, I'm ambivalent about it.

He's left us without making an impact and didn't take us forward. FGR will naturally struggle in L1...I'd be surprised if he's still there by the end of 2023.

Our players will benefit from hearing a new voice, especially one that can motivate them. I imagine him to be a repetitive control-freak tbh.

On the other hand, you could say he was let down by the club's recruitment and investment (I believe he was), and had good reason to be doubtful about it this off-season too. All kind of push and pull factors at play here.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Me too. I was a bit curious to find out whether he would have solved our problems from this season, but I can't say I'm disappointed.

Not too fussed to be honest, I've become resigned to this happening for a few days. Hopefully the new man will have a bit more nous and a plan B when it comes to playing at this level.

Enjoyed watching the football when it worked, but I could say the same about Moniz's side. Both were guilty of not putting enough emphasis on the defensive side of the game, and were more interested in style over substance. Hopefully his style will work a bit better in League 1, but doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

He's left us without making an impact and didn't take us forward. FGR will naturally struggle in L1...I'd be surprised if he's still there by the end of 2023.

Our players will benefit from hearing a new voice, especially one that can motivate them. I imagine him to be a repetitive control-freak tbh.

On the other hand, you could say he was let down by the club's recruitment and investment (I believe he was), and had good reason to be doubtful about it this off-season too. All kind of push and pull factors at play here.

Other than that I believed he would go if offered the job, why wouldn't he? This ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Me too. I was a bit curious to find out whether he would have solved our problems from this season, but I can't say I'm disappointed.
    Same here. If nobody had come in for him and it was up to me, I'd have kept him on just for the sake of stability. Perhaps he would have kicked us on in his second, perhaps he wouldn't. Big decision coming up for the bros now though. Next season needs to be an improvement whoever's in charge.

No doubt he'll go and perform miracles at FGR now, like Ardley has done at SM. Boring.

To be honest I'm not crying bucket loads of tears.
    I really wasn't excited about next season because I just don't think he will change his philosophy.
    We supporters are all managers and coaches and we could see that our build up play was slow and laboured.
    Good luck to him. At least he'll only have a third of the number of fans getting on his back.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast