+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA should resign right now.

Unfortunately for us fans, arrogance doesn't resign; it doubles down.

If we lose next week it's hard to see how he can stay but we've said that before.

Ideally you'd want to take your time with the next appointment but with the window 'slamming shut' a month on from that's hardly possible.

And with Lucketti certain to get emptied as well, it'd be a chaotic start to the season...Hammell/Clarkson/Kerr as an emergency interim solution?

How long do we wait for a resignation/sacking (2 wins since Christmas I believe) before its no longer
    considered pressing the panic button??

No other club in the Scottish game would have kept their manager for so long with the amount of points we accumulated from January until the end of last season. Last night’s performance was pitiful to say the least. Our so called “manager” must have a different version of what us fans think is attractive and exciting football. Liam Kelly made two saves which have possibly kept us in the tie meantime. But our manager talks about the chances and endeavour our players made. We were facing a totally untested opposition keeper last night and he still remains untested after that 90 minutes. I genuinely fear for us this season and as much as it goes against my beliefs I have already had a significant bet for us to be relegated and Alexander to be sacked. Nothing I have seen since January will make me think differently. From what I heard after last nights game several fans will not be back inside Fir Park if we don’t qualify next Thursday and who could blame them on what has been served up so far this year.

We've had four wins since Xmas.

If we beat Sligo next week he's safe until the WC, rightly or wrongly, imho.

Lose and it's a different matter. His entire premise is he delivers results, another cup failure and the complete loss of faith in him of what - 90%? Higher? - of the support means his position is untenable.

I'm not panicking because our squad might be limited but there's every indication it's still fine, relatively speaking, to our rivals. A new manager will pick things up - this is not November 2020 when we need a new squad in January.

We needed a new team or at least several additions in May 2022 and none of the issues have been adequately addressed. That means we are heading into the season with largely the same team that was so eye bleedingly awful to watch last season, took until April to win a league match since the turn of the year yet benefited from an astonishing amount of sheer luck to finish in the top six.

We will never get that amount of luck again but we will almost certainly be as sh1te as we were last year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)