+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reacher On Amazon Prime TV.

Reacher On Amazon Prime TV.

Superb series.

I’m not a reader of books but a few years ago I read all the Jack Reacher books and greatly enjoyed them.

Ex military policeman roaming from state to state and living off his wits and solving beautifully crafted crimes.

On film the 6 foot 5 inch Reacher was hopelessly portrayed by Tom Cruise and the two stories covered were abysmally done.

This TV series pays homage perfectly to the style Lee Child wrote the books in.

Reacher’s choice of violence and his expert knowledge of bone breaking and killing people are fantastically written in the books and brought to life in this series.

The actor Alan Ritchson who plays Reacher is new to me but plays the part perfectly.

Very watchable series starting with “Killing Floor” and if they do the films in chronological order then the third one should be “Tripwire” which is the best book I’ve ever read and a most fantastic plot.

Loved the series. So much better than the films.

Quote Originally Posted by billsbest View Post
    Loved the series. So much better than the films.
    Cruise was pathetic in the films, ridiculously undersized and massively overacted as usual!

The only downside is that the writer Lee Child ( real name James Grant ) is from Coventry originally and supports Villa!

Lee Child was one of my favourite authors and I too have read all his Reacher books.

Unfortunately his latest offerings, co-written with his brother, are not a patch on his earlier material. Like a number of his compatriots he’s just writing for the money now and hoping his reputation will sell books. Any more dross from him and he’ll loose me as a reader.

Must check out the Amazon series though, sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Superb series.

I’m not a reader of books .......
    Such a pity.
    Books are great as long as it's informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmitch View Post
    Lee Child was one of my favourite authors and I too have read all his Reacher books.

Unfortunately his latest offerings, co-written with his brother, are not a patch on his earlier material. Like a number of his compatriots he’s just writing for the money now and hoping his reputation will sell books. Any more dross from him and he’ll loose me as a reader.

Must check out the Amazon series though, sounds interesting.
    Have to agree with you about the more recent Reacher books as not a patch on the earlier ones. As for the tv series, I enjoyed it but whilst Alan Ritchson much closer physically to the character than the diminutive Cruise,I found him quite wooden in the earlier episodes-but he does get better, enough for me to hope for a series 2 anyway!

I have started watching this, it's very good.
    I like the blonde cop as well, she's like Rosemary from Hong Kong Phooey.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I have started watching this, it's very good.
    I like the blonde cop as well, she's like Rosemary from Hong Kong Phooey.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Try the books Des and read them in chronological order.

As I said earlier, Tripwire the third book is absolutely fantastic, I was sad to finish it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)